Josh Dobbs 2016 season has a chance to be STATISTICALLY the best in school history

I've been watching Tn.Fb a long time
He is with out question the best runner of any UT qb.

I was trying to think of others. Condredge Holloway or Heath Shuler maybe Tee Martin? All 3 could run good when they had to but none were as good and definitely not as elusive as Dobbs..

Reactions: 2 people
Impressive considering how few of those yards came from throwing downfield. Great runner and great kid. I would've liked to have seen what he could've done with a QB coach and a better O-line.

Reactions: 1 person
I was trying to think of others. Condredge Holloway or Heath Shuler maybe Tee Martin? All 3 could run good when they had to but none were as good and definitely not as elusive as Dobbs..

If you had to rank the mobile quarterbacks in Tennessee history, Dobbs is at the top and Holloway would be a distant second, followed by Heath Shuler. Tee Martin was good, too, as far as raw speed in the open field is concerned. When Tee got moving he could out-run just about anyone. Another guy that gets little mention is Jimmy Streater, God rest his soul. He was good too, but played on Tennessee teams that were not that good. His last season (1979) was his only winning season at 7-5.

Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't.

The numbers say he's second in school history for total TDs, third for total yards. And his 2016 season could set the school record for yards and TDs in a season.

Dobbs isn't a better QB than Manning. But he is in the same stratosphere. His production says so loudly.

What is his rank for turnovers ?

Can anyone remember an instance where Dobbs took a solid hit from anyone? I'm sure he has taken some pretty good shots, but his toughness makes it seem like they didn't phase him at all. I just can't remember a single play in his career when anyone ever got more than a glancing tackle on him.

Before Dobbs took over, it seemed like we would go through at least 2 QBs a year, due to injuries. While his numbers are extremely impressive, I am amazed by his durability over the course of his career. I think that durability will be a big reason why some NFL teams will value him much higher than what most think.

Reactions: 7 people
Can anyone remember an instance where Dobbs took a solid hit from anyone? I'm sure he has taken some pretty good shots, but his toughness makes it seem like they didn't phase him at all. I just can't remember a single play in his career when anyone ever got more than a glancing tackle on him.

Before Dobbs took over, it seemed like we would go through at least 2 QBs a year, due to injuries. While his numbers are extremely impressive, I am amazed by his durability over the course of his career. I think that durability will be a big reason why some NFL teams will value him much higher than what most think.

Last play of the App St game. He got hammered. But he got up and played the rest of the season.

Reactions: 3 people
Last play of the App St game. He got hammered. But he got up and played the rest of the season.
That was a good shot. It would have caved my rib-cage, I'd probably still be in the ICU.

I think I remember him wincing a little after that hit and the talk afterwards about his broke ribs, etc. Surprising that he was little more than bruised and sore.

Dobbs will get a shot in the NFL and, if he lands with the "right" team that can develop him for a couple of years (possibly a team like New England or Seattle), he could have a long and fruitful carreer in the NFL.

Reactions: 3 people
The guy has been great on and off the field. We will be missing him very much next season.

Dobbs has been handcuffed his entire career here by having a grad assistant as a position coach and mostly mediocre to poor o line play.

Not quite sure he is Heisman material but he would have been a lot closer under a legit QB coach and better O lines.

I took a ton of flak at work over Dobbs. I think he has been one of the best to run through the T. Put up some great numbers behind some of if not the worst O-lines in Vol history. I hope JG has half the mental and physical toughness as Dobbs. If he does, plus his abilities we might have something real special coming.

Can you at least leave once Dobbs leaves because it's obvious you have a massive boner for him only.

Not to take anything away from Dobbs, but I wonder how many snaps he has had vs. the number of snaps Manning had in 1997.

Take a look at the #2 on the list, Bray's 2012 season. Bray had video game-like numbers that year because Sunseri's defense gave up touchdowns so quickly, we got into a number of track meet-style games. The same might be said for the last few games of the 2016 season.

We had a solid defense in 1997, outside the first half vs. Tim Couch and the embarrassing bowl game.

I believe Dobbs first year VS Bama. Reggie Ragland got him really good. Caused a fumble. I don't really recall one after that.

Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't.

The numbers say he's second in school history for total TDs, third for total yards. And his 2016 season could set the school record for yards and TDs in a season.

Dobbs isn't a better QB than Manning. But he is in the same stratosphere. His production says so loudly.

His turnovers at inop t I messed hurt him in my opinion but I agree that he's is an electric player and a competentry staff could have walked though a 10-2 season at worst

We all know about the career numbers. Josh Dobbs will go down as #2 all-time in school history when it comes to career TDs and #3 all-time in school history when it comes to career yards. However, what has been less discussed is how great Dobbs 2016 season is historically in terms of single-season production. With a bowl game left, Josh has a good chance to set the school record for total yards and TDs scored in a single season.

Dobbs needs only 418 yards and 4 TDs in the bowl game to breaks Peyton Manning's 1997 single-season record for total yards and TDs.

2436712_Thumb.jpg

Here is where Dobbs 2016 season ranks in the SEC and nationally:

CymZw_KVIAANU7-.jpg

Pretty incredible numbers considering how weak our offensive line was and how tough our schedule turned out to be.

Josh Dobbs 2016 season is incredible underrated.

Josh Dobbs is having one of the best seasons in Tennessee history | WBIR.com

Let it go

VN Store

Back