Josh Dobbs 2016 season has a chance to be STATISTICALLY the best in school history

D4h what username are you gona use next yr? DorMANdee 4 Heisman or Dormady 4 highsman regardless u still be d4h lmao, but JG is waiting.....

Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't.

The numbers say he's second in school history for total TDs, third for total yards. And his 2016 season could set the school record for yards and TDs in a season.

Dobbs isn't a better QB than Manning. But he is in the same stratosphere. His production says so loudly.

Haven't you said on multiple occasions when talking about Dobbs that you can strictly go by stats and only people with little football knowledge actually go by them? And no, Dobbs isn't even the best QB that we have had since PM and he is certainly nowhere close to what Manning was......nowhere

Reactions: 3 people
The second best qb we have had. Dobbs has been great. Too bad the line, play calling, and wrs left him out to dry so much.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs is terrific in every way. I do take issue with your assessment of the OL. While it started out shaky, I think they have finished pretty strong.

Dobbs needs only 418 yards and 4 TDs in the bowl game to breaks Peyton Manning's 1997 single-season record for total yards and TDs.
Only?? You made that sound so easily accomplished. Congrats to Dobbs on a great season, but that will be a tall order. But hey, I'm hoping he does because that means we put the smack down on the huskers.

Last play of the App St game. He got hammered. But he got up and played the rest of the season.

That hit made me question some of his throws the next couple games. Would not be surprised by Butch's weird injury protocol that he might have had sore ribs

Could've sworn you were in an argument recently with someone in your Alvin Kamara thread about Derrick Henry. The poster had many stats in favor of Henry and said "numbers don't like".

Your response was, and I quote, "actually they do."

So which is it champ?

Haven't you said on multiple occasions when talking about Dobbs that you can strictly go by stats and only people with little football knowledge actually go by them? And no, Dobbs isn't even the best QB that we have had since PM and he is certainly nowhere close to what Manning was......nowhere

The NFL will let us know if he's the second best QB in program history.

We'll just have to wait and see who is right.

Only?? You made that sound so easily accomplished. Congrats to Dobbs on a great season, but that will be a tall order. But hey, I'm hoping he does because that means we put the smack down on the huskers.

He's had close to 400 total yards 5 times already this season (Florida, A&M, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt). He's had 4+ TDs even more times.

If the defense continues to be porous chances are Dobbs will have to score alot of points which increase the chances he hits those numbers.

I love Manning am one of his biggest fans. I am just saying based off of career numbers at UT. Take into consideration the teams that Manning and Dobbs were surrounded by and you have to admit what Dobbs has done is pretty dang good!

Fair enough. Also consider that Dobbs yardage is passing plus running. Peytons was about 98% just pure passing.

Dobbs has done a very good job. As an athlete, Dobbs is the best in school history at the QB position. As a passer? He isnt in the top 5.

Could've sworn you were in an argument recently with someone in your Alvin Kamara thread about Derrick Henry. The poster had many stats in favor of Henry and said "numbers don't like".

Your response was, and I quote, "actually they do."

So which is it champ?

Stats lie in general in college football. But in some cases they can help aide those less gifted in evaluating talent see the truth.

This is one of those cases.

The NFL will let us know if he's the second best QB in program history.

We'll just have to wait and see who is right.

Wrong. What a QB does or doesnt do in the NFL has zero to do with college.

By your logic, Tom Brady is the best QB in Michigan history. Even though his stats would completely disagree.

Stats lie in general in college football. But in some cases they can help aide those less gifted in evaluating talent see the truth.

This is one of those cases.

Translation: I'm obviously full of sh## and change my position as needed to help my point; also I'll be a pompous blowhard about it the entire time because pretending I'm smart is a hell of lot easier than actually being smart.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back