Josh Malone on the QB race and receivers

More like Joe Flacco vs Colin Kaepernick.

That is who Dormady and Guarantano remind me of respectively. I believe both play this season and given their differing skill sets they will work well together.

I think we'll make a 2 QB system actually work.

Let's not insult Guarantano before he even sees the field...

I think Dormady will get the starting job when it's all said and done. Guarantano will get significant playing time and may win out the job but I don't think he starts right away.

Reactions: 2 people
More like Joe Flacco vs Colin Kaepernick.

That is who Dormady and Guarantano remind me of respectively. I believe both play this season and given their differing skill sets they will work well together.

I think we'll make a 2 QB system actually work.

Except they both have about the same speed. This is why you get laughed at.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
As a Ravens fan, I've watched every pro game he has played. I do think it's a good comparison, however, Flacco has sneaky speed. (You have to when you have a terrible OL like we've had the past few years). And like CBJ said on ESPN, Dormady is sneaky athletic. Here's to hoping he plays close to how he did in the O&W game. That was impressive. I'm not sure who to compare JG to until I see more of him on the field.

I think we have two great QBs right now! Very excited to see what both of them bring to the table. I think Quinten will be able to hit the receivers right on the money where Dobbs was just outta reach. JG will definitely have his time at Tennessee to shine. Very excited for our future!

Last edited:
It has been a while since we have had the luxury of growing QBs and not killing them as freshmen. QD is the son of a coach. He looked really good in the spring game. He has taken live snaps in front of 100,000 people. I hope he leads us to a lot of wins and his errors are not critical. I'm also excited about JG and hope he sticks around. He is one play away from being THE starting QB.

I think we have two great QBs right now! Very excited to see what both of them bring to the table. I think Quinten will be able to hit the receivers right on the money where Dobbs was just outta reach. JG will definitely have his time at Tennessee to shine. Very excited for our future!

I keep forgetting that we have 3 true freshmen QBs.

Washington, Mize & McBride. Not sure how good they are yet.

To be honest, I think Jennings is probably ahead of them on the depth chart.

I keep forgetting that we have 3 true freshmen QBs.

Washington, Mize & McBride. Not sure how good they are yet.

To be honest, I think Jennings is probably ahead of them on the depth chart.

would not think Jennings is ahead of McBride

I hope not, Stewart left. Dormady will be a junior, Guarantano a freshman. If Dormady wins the start, I hope Guarantano hangs in there. If Dormady does well enough, he might go pro after one year. The team would then become the G Man's as a sophomore.

Go Pro??? seriously..

Great question for the statisticians, "the NCAA QB who made it the pros with fewest starts, games, etc?"

Wouldn't mind seeing dueling qbs and playing the hot hand until one separates himself. I like having opposing defenses preparing for 2 qbs. It can also cause some in-game confusion for the other team if change up the rotation.

Wouldn't mind seeing dueling qbs and playing the hot hand until one separates himself. I like having opposing defenses preparing for 2 qbs. It can also cause some in-game confusion for the other team if change up the rotation.

There's a saying if you have two QBs, you really have none.

I think very few coaches other than Spurrier could pull that off. Both qb's we're similar in style and ability..

He has to be talking about Leak and Tebow under Urban. Spurrier won with Wuerffel.

He has to be talking about Leak and Tebow under Urban. Spurrier won with Wuerffel.

Why was I thinking that Spurrier rotated someone in with Wuerffel? Or was it the year after he did the 2 qb system?

I try to forget about Meyer's years there.. scumbag..

VN Store

Back