Just got some UT love from Finebaum

Finebaum laughed at the caller when he said UT was going to beat Ole Piss. I'm sorry, did I miss the part where Ole Miss has been a powerhouse football program the last several years? Tough game? Sure, but not out of the realm of possibility that Tennessee could win that game

It's very much in the realm of possibility that we can win this game, but it's gonna be tough. Hugh Freeze has done a good job of recruiting and they got some really good players, but they're very beatable. It's not just Finebaum as a lot of these so called experts have been showing love to Ole Miss. If the game were in Knoxville I would really like our chances, but it will be a tough one in Oxford. Analysts, including Finebaum, are too skeptical to show us much love due to the offensive line turnover. If the line improves in the coming weeks, then I think you will see more analysts jump on the UT bandwagon.

A guy just wrote in to his TV show and asked, "On a scale of 1-10, where would you say Butch Jones is in the 'getting it' factor?"

Finebaum's response: "20. I know some of you are saying hey, wait--it was Utah State. But, I'll repeat again, I thought this would be a tough game. A couple of weeks ago I wondered if Tennessee was ready to play. The Vegas line was 4. That was a dominating performance. I have not seen much like that [from UT] in recent years. I think it's a great start for Tennessee. Arkansas State is another chance for Tennessee to build some confidence before the Vols head out to Norman, OK."

Nice to hear some positive words from him regarding our team, whether he likes to say it or not. :)
My thoughts exactly!!!! Dominating!!! There wasn't a doubt from our opening defensive possession who looked ready and capable of playing! Now three things that's worriesome is our lack of discipline on our offense line (yes youthful I know) but still a concern. Two our lack of direct killer instinct in the second quarter and start of third. (We should of one by more but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot) and our defensive line seems to be thinning! Saw Jordan Williams walk out in a boot heard Jacob Gilliam hyper extended his knee... I know he isn't on the d-line but still concerning and then most of all the lack of running yards could of been because of scheme I'm not butch not sure. Seen shy Tuttle at the game and where the players came out... I can guarantee you based on what I heard and all the smiles and talking about paper work... 100% he is a silent commit. Kyle Phillips was there or atleast looked like him... Also looked pretty happy but not like Tuttle.. also think Stephens or Stevens the great soph or jr out of Nashville was there also... He seemed to be enjoying himself an awful lot... I was at te game then at the end went next to the locker room and the family meet room.......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Also we had quite a bit of recruits there I didn't know who all it was but the person I thought was Stevens was defiantly the 3* cb Stephen griffin.

You missed the part where the caller was initially calling for 10-2. But yes....he was condescending. But the caller sounded like he was drunk lol. PF even asked him if he was lol.

That was horrible and funny at the same time - he first predicted 8-4 but when asked to go through each game and make predictions he ended up predicting we will only lose to Oklahoma and Bama. Either was drunk and/or had problems with basic math - would have expected this from a Bama caller so it was disappointing that the one call they did take from UT fan ended up being this idiot.

Reactions: 1 person
Listen guys, Utah State isn't a bad team, relative to their conference and to their last few squads. They will end up winning at least 8 games IMO.

We are finally on our way up. That was Game 1. I knew we'd win by at least 17 based on relative talent, coaching, and conditioning alone. You can look at my previous posts for proof. We will win at least one, but I'm thinking 2, out of UGA, UF, Usc, and Missouri...barring significant injuries

Finebaum is an Alabama homer nothing more and no less, he reminds me of Golum with those big ears and bug eyes.

VN Store

Back