Kahlil McKenzie changing numbers

Slow down, JK. One mountain at a time.

No doubt. Can stand having players with Title expectations. Definitely don't want an of them with hurt feelings if they lose a NC game or two. Could be too much to handle. Better safe than sorry. That's what champions are made of.

Exactly. He's not just going to walk onto the field and steamroll SEC tackles like those juco chumps. Got
a lot of technique work to do.

What exact techniques are you concerned about? Listed in order #1-10 would be great. I would like to follow along with his progression as you teach us the fine details of the position. TIA

Now that, my friend, is confidence. I love this young man already. What a team he and McKenzie make.

I'm just glad that he's already been having this discussion with coaches and players. Sounds like the Dooley stench may be all but washed away now.

Why dont we see him practice 1 time before we put him in the hall of fame, you remember Blair was going to step in and be our starting left tackle for 2 years before moving on to the NFL he wouldn't start for a very good high school team now.

....I'm guessing this post is meant for someone else because all I said that he should go pro when eligible.

I think he just meant whenever he has chance rather than waiting til nat. championship. Now we all know we will win it next year, so IF IF he has ready the wait will not be long for him. :)

Thank you. :good!:

Last edited:
Why dont we see him practice 1 time before we put him in the hall of fame, you remember Blair was going to step in and be our starting left tackle for 2 years before moving on to the NFL he wouldn't start for a very good high school team now.

Well said, Terry. Now that you mention Blair, even though he has not been what we felt he was, he definitely has played more football in his life than Kongbo. And actually, Blair might be all conference at Tusculum or Carson Newman.

I really hope Kongbo's play backs his talk. I really want him to be all that and a bag of chips. The gourmet ones. However, the more people buy the hype on him, the more they will scorch him if he has trouble jumping off sides in front of 102,455. Not knocking him, I am just concerned.

On the upside, glad to see K-Mac taking a DL number. I was hoping he would get that one, and Tut would wear 98. Something odd about guys that big wearing single numbers.

Will be #99 this fall, Kongbo to take #1

Kongbo on being asked if he was planning on 1 and done or not: "I am coming to win a National Championship...if it takes 3 years I will be there 3 years...if it takes 1 then I guess I am gone"
Now you know what CBJ is selling to get the big time players.

I've never been a fan of d lineman wearing single digits, unless they post double digit sack seasons !

I'm glad KM is going to 99 for fashion reasons alone. He's just too wide for "1". He is the thickest human I've ever seen ... then the #1 and it was like "huuuh"? He'll look better in 99.

And while were on fashion, what do yall think @ black jers...

On the upside, glad to see K-Mac taking a DL number. I was hoping he would get that one, and Tut would wear 98. Something odd about guys that big wearing single numbers.

i don't get the numbers either,a lineman should have at least double digit numbers

Reactions: 3 people
I'm glad KM is going to 99 for fashion reasons alone. He's just too wide for "1". He is the thickest human I've ever seen ... then the #1 and it was like "huuuh"? He'll look better in 99.

And while were on fashion, what do yall think @ black jers...

Personally, I would have preferred black over any shade of grey. However, I am in the minority on that subject.

Now that the color pallet has been redefined (and for however long it is until it changes again), I can live with staying within the confines of it.

Noticed one of new recruits wearing #17 think it was Tyler Byrd so does Dillon Bates change numbers.

Just checked official roster. The only number change i noticed is Cam Sutton is now relisted to number 23, with Rashaan Gaulden (hope I spelled that right) recovered.

Most of the pics you see of new guys wearing certain numbers doesn't mean much until they get on campus. Sometimes they get that number, but most of the time, they end up wearing another. I wouldn't read much of anything into what you saw. Kongbo is wearing 55 in all the pics made of him when he visited. How is that working out, if this rumor is true? It seems when they show up and get pictures, whoever is in the equipment room just grabs whatever they have in the players size.

BTW, OP, could you edit your opening entry to add a link to where you are getting this? It makes your thread a whole lot more valid.

Last edited:
Or wear his dad's number

In case you missed my link request, VP, I am asking again. Right now, this is just a rumor you have started. I hate to call a fellow poster to the mat, but until I see one, or an explanation to your source, i am calling BS on this. And i know you are still here. I see you!!!!!

:search: :wacko: :wassup:

didn't there use to be a rule as to what players can use as numbers on there jerseys ? or is it the NFL I am thinking of ?

didn't there use to be a rule as to what players can use as numbers on there jerseys ? or is it the NFL I am thinking of ?

Believe that is NFL, mule.

Only players who wear single digit numbers are punters, kickers, and QBs. They quit allowing QBs to wear numbers in the 20s, or Heath Shuler would have taken 21 when he went to the Redskins. Reggie Bush begged for number 5, but they said no.

LBs wear numbers in the 50s. Of course, OL wears numbers in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. That is kind of universal.

I believe receivers only wore the 80s numbers in the late 70s to early 80's, but they went back to letting them wear the 10s when they started using formations with 4 at a time.

Defensive linemen are pretty much designated as the only players wearing the 90's numbers. For a long time, they didn't go past 89. But some teams started going nuts retiring numbers, so they did that.

College for the most part seems like a free for all, except for the O-Line. The one rule I know college has, for obvious reasons; even though many teams have duplicate numbered players, no two players can be on the field wearing the same number at the same time. Somebody screwed up this season, and got a penalty flag for it. That is why I despise number retirement and duplicate numbers in college. That can bite you real quick, especially on special teams.

Last edited:
If true, I would think this would allow KMac to line up as a blocker in power situations. Just a thought

Only players who wear single digit numbers are punters, kickers, and QBs. They quit allowing QBs to wear numbers in the 20s, or Heath Shuler would have taken 21 when he went to the Redskins. Reggie Bush begged for number 5, but they said no.

LBs wear numbers in the 50s. Of course, OL wears numbers in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. That is kind of universal.

I believe receivers only wore the 80s numbers in the late 70s to early 80's, but they went back to letting them wear the 10s when they started using formations with 4 at a time.

Defensive linemen are pretty much designated as the only players wearing the 90's numbers. For a long time, they didn't go past 89. But some teams started going nuts retiring numbers, so they did that.

College for the most part seems like a free for all, except for the O-Line. The one rule I know college has, for obvious reasons; even though many teams have duplicate numbered players, no two players can be on the field wearing the same number at the same time. Somebody screwed up this season, and got a penalty flag for it. That is why I despise number retirement and duplicate numbers in college. That can bite you real quick, especially on special teams.

They also allowed LBs to wear 90's since everyone started using the 3-4. They can wear 40's as well. DB's are 20's-40's.

They also allowed LBs to wear 90's since everyone started using the 3-4. They can wear 40's as well. DB's are 20's-40's.

Yes, you are right. They used to allow DBs to wear numbers in the 10s, but when they gave those numbers to receivers, I guess they took them away from them.

Hard to be totally accurate when you have insomnia. Should have googled it. Thanks for jumping in.

Still don't get the duplicate number idea. I mean seriously, who EVER plays 100 athletes in a single game?

Last edited:
Just checked official roster. The only number change i noticed is Cam Sutton is now relisted to number 23, with Rashaan Gaulden (hope I spelled that right) recovered.

Most of the pics you see of new guys wearing certain numbers doesn't mean much until they get on campus. Sometimes they get that number, but most of the time, they end up wearing another. I wouldn't read much of anything into what you saw. Kongbo is wearing 55 in all the pics made of him when he visited. How is that working out, if this rumor is true? It seems when they show up and get pictures, whoever is in the equipment room just grabs whatever they have in the players size.

BTW, OP, could you edit your opening entry to add a link to where you are getting this? It makes your thread a whole lot more valid.

I saw it on another message board. You're right, guess I should've verified it before I posted. I'll see if I can find anything or get a link

In case you missed my link request, VP, I am asking again. Right now, this is just a rumor you have started. I hate to call a fellow poster to the mat, but until I see one, or an explanation to your source, i am calling BS on this. And i know you are still here. I see you!!!!!

:search: :wacko: :wassup:

https://tennessee.forums.rivals.com/forums/the-generals-quarters.10/

Found this, but I don't pay for rivals so I don't have access. If anyone does there could be a link in there

thanks :hi:,that is where it is from,I still don't get giving so many players the single digits though

what if you want to put in one of those DL to either block or run on the Goal Line ? and can't because a receiver has the same number ?

VN Store

Back