Kahlil McKenzie instagram live video

Bryce brown is a free agent and no one cares that he was a 5 star. Let your play do the talking KMac

Our team isn't out there talking a bunch of smack. I like some confidence...haven't seen this too much lately, and don't mind this one bit. It's not like he's popping off in some interview with SDS or some other stellar online rag. Been more like "we're just gonna go out and do our thing and see what happens." Time to rock! Shock the world baby! Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
Our team isn't out there talking a bunch of smack. I like some confidence...haven't seen this too much lately, and don't mind this one bit. It's not like he's popping off in some interview with SDS or some other stellar online rag. Been more like "we're just gonna go out and do our thing and see what happens." Time to rock! Shock the world baby! Go Vols!

Exactly. Hell would you rather our team have that Dooley mentality where they just gave up in the middle of the season? Butch has brought positive energy to the program for once.

Some of our fans complained about our team not having enough confidence then when our players start giving out positive vibes, it's considered "trash talk"? lol never fails.

Reactions: 3 people
Fans have been clamoring for big maulers on the O and D-lines instead of the undersized, quick players. Well this is what they look like. Vince Wilfork is one of the best NTs to play football in the last decade and that man's stomach hangs well over his belt.

Reactions: 1 person
Two things are hilariously ignorant in this thread. 1. That some of you think dlinemen shouldn't look fat. 2 That some of you are implying a S&C coach can come in and transform everybody in a few months. I have to ask..... Do you even lift?

Reactions: 10 people
Do you guys think that pic was snapped during the bulking phase of strength training? You'd be amazed at how fast transformation in body aesthetics occurs in the cutting phase. I don't know the details of their program but in bulking you have to eat, eat, eat, and eat some more, so that the work in the weight room is translated into muscle gains. For bodybuilders - they look VERY out of shape until they get into the cutting phase. I don't know how that works with football players but rather than make the obvious observation I figure maybe there's something about S&C in that pic that is not obvious to the casual observer. Like I said, I don't know.

Here's an example of what I'm thinking:

Periodization

Phase One: Loading
At the beginning of the offseason, focus on building power by lifting high weight at low rep counts. Aim to fail between 4-6 reps each set, and recover fully before you go again. Along with proper diet and rest (which we'll discuss below), this will help you gain muscle. The first 6-8 weeks are called your "load phase."

If you need to gain weight, this is your best time to do it. Nutrition is the biggest part of weight gain or weight loss, and we'll cover that below, but workouts are important as well. You'll use many of the same techniques bodybuilders and strongman competitors use to grow muscle mass.

Phase Two: Muscular Endurance
After about six weeks of low-rep, high-weight work (maybe three weeks of an upper/lower split and three weeks of a push/pull split) you will start phase two. In this phase, increase your rep target to between 6-10 per set. As you do this, the rest period should decrease from 90 seconds to around 60 seconds between each set. This will help develop muscular endurance. You'll be able to lift the same amount of weight more times and therefore keep your strength up over the course of a game.

Phase Three: Tempo
As the season approaches, you enter phase three, where you move away from isolation splits like the push/pull or upper/lower you've been working so far and move toward full-body workouts. You will reduce the rest even further through a principle called reciprocal inhibition -- where you work opposing muscle groups on alternating sets.

For example, after you warm up, you might start your workout routine with alternating sets of bench press and bent over rows with 15-30 seconds of rest between each set. When you flex your chest, your back muscles are forced to rest. When you flex your back, your chest is forced to rest. This is reciprocal inhibition, which keeps your heart rate high while still allowing each muscle group adequate time to rest and recover before you put a load on it again.

This phase is all about cardiovascular endurance. The season is almost here -- phase three will get you in "football shape."

Endurance training for a football player isn't about long-distance running, swimming, biking, or any other steady-state cardio. An endurance football workout is more about repetitions. Lots of sprints. You want to exhaust yourself physically and mentally, since that's where you'll be in a game.

So I'm thinking that maybe that pic was from phase 1 - maybe. :ermm:

Reactions: 3 people
You guys ever wonder where the names "Hog League" or "big nasties" come from? It's not because lineman look like they are about to enter a Mr. Universe competition. You guys realize D. Barnett was not the most impressive physical specimen, right? Not every lineman looks like Shawn Oakman.

Reactions: 4 people
Never understood why people feel the need to talk like that. But my celebrating it, we tell them its acceptable.

The phrasing is to be desired, but the message is to be commended. Every player should have this mindset! 8-4 is mediocrity and settling for that is unacceptable here!

The picture looks like somebody who got the guys together and took a quick pic. These are kids who choose to play football for the University of Tennessee Volunteers.

The comments some of you have made are pathetic.

Reactions: 15 people
I believe those are freshmen. Can everyone chill out and give a year or two for development. 17 yr olds. Sheez. On a side note...considering Smith is 6'6" 320...the rest of those dudes are big boys.

I'll be honest I laughed and I suspect team 121 would take that as a challenge. We are not dealing with the same kind of team as in recent years. People don't know what to expect, but I think a lot of folks are starting to take a second look at UT right now. These young men are about to have a life changing experience. A season in the trenches in the SEC when everyone is looking at you is no joke. They are preparing themselves.

What does it say when a true Freshman looks better physically than most of the rest of the team? Don't answer...

It says that Trey Smith is a monster and a rare breed. I'd be willing to take a bet that Trey is as big, or bigger than majority of the olinemen in the country.

The picture looks like somebody who got the guys together and took a quick pic. These are kids who choose to play football for the University of Tennessee Volunteers.

The comments some of you have made are pathetic.

Thank you :hi:

Just goes to show you that a % of posters really have no idea what they're talking about. Not even their alternate accounts. :)

VN Store

Back