Kamara hurt

If Holcombe had pulled up, how was he to know that Kamara wouldn't continue down the sideline? Kamara's left foot isn't even down and his right is in bounds when Holcombe leaves his feet. I was no dirtier than the hit on Chubb last year.

It wasn't 5 yards out of bounds, but what was dirty about the hit on Chubb last year? It didn't draw a flag nor should it have. This one did and was justified. Your exaggeration was as bad as his imo.

Reactions: 1 person
Honest question, why does everyone get wrapped around the horn in this? Literally nothing in your life changes when you find out Kamaras medical.status, nothing. We play USC in two weeks. Either Kamara will be on the field or he wont, either way what difference does it make in between now and then?

It wasn't 5 yards out of bounds, but what was dirty about the hit on Chubb last year? It didn't draw a flag nor should it have. This one did and was justified. Your exaggeration was as bad as his imo.

I said it was no dirtier than the hit on Chubb. I did not say the hit on Chubb was dirty. This one was one step OoB, thus it deserved a flag, whereas Chubb was headed OoB but was still inbounds. But neither was dirty. Neither was intended to hurt, and both injuries were simply unfortunate.

4881166.gif

Right at the knees. Wow

If Holcombe had pulled up, how was he to know that Kamara wouldn't continue down the sideline? Kamara's left foot isn't even down and his right is in bounds when Holcombe leaves his feet. I was no dirtier than the hit on Chubb last year.

That's absolutely stupid. Chubb was spun out of bounds like you see 20 times a game and got a freak injury. The hit on Kamara was clearly out of bounds and late and got flagged.

It's real easy. The defender aims for the ball carrier and is supposed to pull up when he gets to the big white line.... not launch at a guy and make contact 3 feet out of bounds.

Reactions: 3 people
That's absolutely stupid. Chubb was spun out of bounds like you see 20 times a game and got a freak injury. The hit on Kamara was clearly out of bounds and late and got flagged.

Never said he shouldn't have been flagged. Sometimes plays happen where you have to take a flag. Doesn't mean the hit itself was any different than any other hit.

Never said he shouldn't have been flagged. Sometimes plays happen where you have to take a flag. Doesn't mean the hit itself was any different than any other hit.
here's the first contact on the Nick Chubb hit you tried to compare to. Relative to the Kamara hit, it's in bounds and about 5 feet "cleaner".

Attachments

• IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
you tell me the difference in these two still &(it's of first contact with a ball carrier.

Which is why Holcombe deserved the flag. Neither was a dirty hit.

Surely you understand that I'm not arguing against the flag. You get that right?

Didn't Fort say he would be back? Someone else says out for the year? Which is it? Damnit- what the hell did these players do different in camp this year? Their bodies are just so weak to hits.

no one knows yet. at best, 2-4 weeks.. but the MRI is being sent to James Andrews and they will listen to what he says before proceeding with anything. He could recommend anything from immediate surgery to rehab and then playing. No one knows.

Disgusting that his season may be in jeopardy because of a cheap shot by one of saban's thugs.

Get well soon!

Which is why Holcombe deserved the flag. Neither was a dirty hit.

Surely you understand that I'm not arguing against the flag. You get that right?

By definition, a late hit is a dirty play. That's why it's called Unecessary Roughness. Maybe he didn't mean to do it. Maybe he lost track of where he was. That doesn't make it better.

We get it. Football is inherently dangerous. Stuff happens. But on some level, opponents have to take care of each other. It's sort of like not throwing at a guy's head in baseball or undercutting a guy in the air in basketball. Launching at a guy, hitting him well out of bounds and sending him flying past the limit line into the bench is bush league.

Reactions: 2 people
By definition, a late hit is a dirty play. That's why it's called Unecessary Roughness.

The hit on Chubb was as unnecessary as the one on Kamara. Chubb was going out either way. The reason it wasn't flagged is because of about a foot and a half. But it was by no means necessary.

If Holcombe had gone at his knee I'd understand the outrage.

The hit on Chubb was as unnecessary as the one on Kamara. Chubb was going out either way. The reason it wasn't flagged is because of about a foot and a half. But it was by no means necessary.

I can't get over how asinine a comparison the Chubb hit is. Chubb was spinning upfield trying to stay in and got hit well inbounds as he was fighting for yards. If Chubb doesn't get hit, he's going pick up another yard. You've literally got no clue on this one.

When you are both running full-out, and you have to dive to cover the remaining ground, hitting a guy below the waist is the surest way to make sure he goes in the direction you want him to go. Holcombe didn't hit Kamara in the knee, nor did he hit him with his helmet. The hit itself didn't even cause the injury. Kamara got hurt because his other leg was planted, which can happen on just about any hit anywhere on the field.

He didn't need to dive to cover the ground he was a yard ahead of him with Kamara being completely out of options.

I dont think he was trying to injury Alvin but there was no reason to take that shot given the angle he had that's why he got the flag.

I can't get over how asinine a comparison the Chubb hit is. Chubb was spinning upfield and got hit in bounds as he was fighting for yards. If Chubb doesn't get hit, he's going pick up another yard or two. You've literally got no clue on this one.

Yeah. Im not sure why that one got brought up. Poor at best.

I can't get over how asinine a comparison the Chubb hit is. Chubb was spinning upfield trying to stay in and got hit well inbounds as he was fighting for yards. If Chubb doesn't get hit, he's going pick up another yard. You've literally got no clue on this one.

He would probably find that clue if it had been the other way around.

He would probably find that clue if it had been the other way around.

I'm sure.

Honestly, when he tried to make the comparison, Iwondered if I was the one being a homer. But watching the replay, the two hits aren't really that close at all.

Theres a reason why one was flagged and the other wasnt. You seem to be a bright fella Im not sure why you feel the need to try and tie these together.

VN Store

Back