Kamara hurt

If the hit had not been out of bounds there would have been nothing at all wrong with it. Again, if your point is that it was dirty because it was OoB, then it is what it is. But the form and execution of the hit itself was 100% legal.

I think this kind of hit ends up with players getting hurt. He lunged to hit the player in the legs with either his head and shoulders. He did not lunge in an attempt to wrap the player up with his hands and tackle him. This is exactly how players get hurt IMO. Their knees get hit directly with the helmet by a player lunging through the air.

I don't care where it happens on the field - it's a dirty play. Tackle the other player like you are supposed to and no one gets hurt.

It was very obvious to me he was intentionally trying to knock Kamara out of the game. Yes, that is dirty. There is no way #42 did not know he was way out of bounds. He was well into the white when he dove helmet first into his knees. Bama fans can say what they it was pure BS.

Reactions: 1 person
The players are tough, tough doesnt prevent injuries
My Opinion...Some of these injuries are due to the play calling. We seem to not run the plays in which players are not being exposed. Saw a couple of passes Saturday, that I thought were not where we needed to be throwing the ball. I know some of that goes on the players, just think we are not being smart in our play calling and players are getting killed on some of the results!

It was very obvious to me he was intentionally trying to knock Kamara out of the game. Yes, that is dirty. There is no way #42 did not know he was way out of bounds. He was well into the white when he dove helmet first into his knees. Bama fans can say what they it was pure BS.

This is the only thing I take issue with, it was flagged, a 15 yard penalty for a late hit. And that's all it was.

He wasn't trying to injure him
He wasn't trying to blow out his knee
It wasn't a conspiracy to end his season

It was a Bama player trying to make a legal hit, that happened to be an illegal hit because our player stepped out of bounds.

For anyone that has ever played football, that was a perfect form tackle from that angle, you're taught to dive with your head to the right, so your shoulder and body weight are driven into the opposing players hip.

Only in this case, it resulted in an injury. It sucks, but stop making more to it than it was. It was a spur of the moment play, with 2 players running full speed (Kamara seems to slow down right when the Bama player dives) that happened to result in an injury due to the planting of a players knee.

Kamara had stepped out 4 yards prior, however, he didn't seem to realize it and was trying to tightrope the sideline, there's no way the Bama player could know that, as the whistle had not blown yet

Reactions: 3 people
Don't see how you can call it a dirty hit when Kamara was still making an effort to stay in bounds and in the play..

Was just a bang bang play and very unlucky.

How many yards out of bounds do you think Alvin was when the Bama player hit him? 2, 3, or 4? There's a reason a flag was thrown for a 15 yard penalty there.

And in what way was Alvin trying to "stay in bounds"? He was already well out of bounds.....he wasn't tip toeing along the sideline. He'd had a full head of speed, had run out of bounds and the Bama player hit him late.

Last edited:
My Opinion...Some of these injuries are due to the play calling. We seem to not run the plays in which players are not being exposed. Saw a couple of passes Saturday, that I thought were not where we needed to be throwing the ball. I know some of that goes on the players, just think we are not being smart in our play calling and players are getting killed on some of the results!

Oh FFS.....

Reactions: 2 people

Glad you clarified that was just your opinion. I couldn't disagree more but that's quite creative though and I'll give you a 6.5 😜

Reactions: 3 people
Is he leading with his helmet? Not what hit Kamara first but is he leading with his helmet?

If the play happened on the hash mark and not sideline there would have been no flag anywhere. would have been a legit play. Only reason there was a flag was it was on sideline / out of bounds.

Why isn't Evan Berry being looked at in the backfield? He is explosive and physical with the ball in his hand.

If the play happened on the hash mark and not sideline there would have been no flag anywhere. would have been a legit play. Only reason there was a flag was it was on sideline / out of bounds.

This. When he started to dive there was no way he was gonna make contact anywhere but where he did.

That's exactly what makes it dirty. Had it happened on the hash mark, Kamara prepares himself for the hit, leaning into it and protecting his legs. It didn't.

It happened out of bounds after Kamara had already slowed down and given himself up, relaxing into the end of the pla....BAM! a hit to my upper thigh I wasn't expecting.

Knee injury.

Dirty hit. If he just wanted him to go out of bounds, he would have led with the hands to Kamara's back/side.

AV

I think for UT (and other SEC teams) to catch up to Bamer, we need to pay players more money and more often. We should also create a steroids program to match that of Bammer's. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have the SEC and SEC officials in our back pocket.

I think for UT (and other SEC teams) to catch up to Bamer, we need to pay players more money and more often. We should also create a steroids program to match that of Bammer's. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have the SEC and SEC officials in our back pocket.

And sadly, you are 100% correct, sir!

Holcolmbe could not see that Alvin had gone out of bounds. The only thing he could see was a victim. His eyes were filled with hate. He wanted to end the mans career.

In my opinnoin most of the injuries are due to due to soft tissue damage which is directly related to the play calling and coaching. I mean why doesn't Butch teach our players to stiff arm defenders with their arms and not their knees?

VN Store

Back