Kamara hurt

Holcolmbe could not see that Alvin had gone out of bounds. The only thing he could see was a victim. His eyes were filled with hate. He wanted to end the mans career.

I firmly believe while Saban may not have said hit the guy 2 yards out of bounds. I'm pretty sure he was ecstatic to see AK limp back across field so he was OK with the 15 yards.

Not directing this specifically to you, because I've asked others without an answer, but how far out of bounds do you think he was?

I'd say 2 yards. Typically I think people get feet and yards mixed up. 1.5 to 2 yards but no more but clearly far enough the player could have tried to let up steam. Anyone who says more than 2 yards I think is a stretch. So 4-6 feet would be my guestimates.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd say 2 yards. Typically I think people get feet and yards mixed up. 1.5 to 2 yards but no more but clearly far enough the player could have tried to let up steam. Anyone who says more than 2 yards I think is a stretch. So 4-6 feet would be my guestimates.

I'd say you're closer at 4 feet. A yard, maybe a little more. The white stripe extends 6 feet from the sideline. So if a player's foot is on the white, he is less than two yards out of bounds.

I'd say you're closer at 4 feet. A yard, maybe a little more. The white stripe extends 6 feet from the sideline. So if a player's foot is on the white, he is less than two yards out of bounds.

That's fair and to be honest. I think if Kamara isn't injured then we are happy with 15 free yards and could care less. The part that sucks for us was even with a healthy AK and alot more ammo we weren't winning that game. It now has shown to put the easy part if our schedule into jeopardy.

That's fair and to be honest. I think if Kamara isn't injured then we are happy with 15 free yards and could care less. The part that sucks for us was even with a healthy AK and alot more ammo we weren't winning that game. It now has shown to put the easy part if our schedule into jeopardy.

As bad as things may have looked on Saturday, I still think UT wins out.

As bad as things may have looked on Saturday, I still think UT wins out.

Funny thing is most on here won't admit it right now. But a Bama Vols matchup in Atlanta would most certainly be more competitive than what happened Saturday. Now I'm not saying Tennessee would win, but I think it would be closer to what the spread was this past weekend. 12-14 points. Alabama is just on another level from everyone else.

Funny thing is most on here won't admit it right now. But a Bama Vols matchup in Atlanta would most certainly be more competitive than what happened Saturday. Now I'm not saying Tennessee would win, but I think it would be closer to what the spread was this past weekend. 12-14 points. Alabama is just on another level from everyone else.

I think you're right.

Saturday was a perfect storm of a couple of factors working against Tennessee. The injuries are obvious. But even if they weren't as pervasive as they are, UT still had an uphill climb.

I said in a couple of threads before the season started that I felt better about this year's TSIO than I did about last year's despite UT being better and the game being in Knoxville. My reasoning was that UT had a much tougher road leading into the game than Bama, whereas the opposite was true last year. Even the healthy guys were completely gassed. UT not only played a tougher slate of teams (UF, UGA, A&M vs. Kent St, UK, Ark), but UT had to expend so much mental and emotional energy coming back from big deficits in each game. UT was a team running on a totally empty tank. Bama hadn't played a competitive game in a month, and the typically physical Arkansas game didn't really turn out that way.

So BamaWriter has anyone asked. Are you like a beat reporter or write for a website?

I write a freelance column. I sell it directly to smaller local papers who don't have the budget to pay for an entire sports staff.

I also have a couple of books out and I'm working on another, though that hit a snag after a health issue has limited my travel for the past several months. But I hope that will get back up and running soon.

Reactions: 2 people
People need to stop complaining about the hit . It wasn't dirty at all . He was making a football play It was a little late but he didn't know Kamara was gonna go out until right before he stepped out

Reactions: 3 people
One thing that goes overlooked with Kamara's injury is his impact in the passing game. He and Josh Malone lead the team with 22 catches. Not to mention his importance in the return game.

I would have liked to have seen more Kelly during Alabama.

TK Jr or this Kelly?

giphy.gif

People need to stop complaining about the hit . It wasn't dirty at all . He was making a football play It was a little late but he didn't know Kamara was gonna go out until right before he stepped out

BS-- it was late and it was dirty... Kamara had gone OOB several yards before the hit and had pulled up.

BS-- it was late and it was dirty... Kamara had gone OOB several yards before the hit and had pulled up.

I agree, I jokingly said when it happened they should have called targeting.

I'm sure the bama boys had his name, put him down if you get a shot.

It was cheap

One thing that goes overlooked with Kamara's injury is his impact in the passing game. He and Josh Malone lead the team with 22 catches. Not to mention his importance in the return game.

I wonder if we are thinking of utilizing Berry for a few plays. I would love to see him swing out and get a pass in open space.

VN Store

Back