Kentucky coaching situation

Vols till I fall

As big as a program as Kentucky is, they are getting shot down from coaches at inferior programs such as Alabama, Baylor, etc

I hope this is a great example to Vols fans who want sooo badly to fire the best coach we hv ever had here in Tennessee history, Rick Barnes

It's an easy solution to fire a winning coach, its hard to find a legitimate replacement.

If I'm Kentucky, this is who I think you got to pursue right now:

1. Bruce Pearl
2. Mark Few
3. Lamont Paris
4. Will Wade
5. Rick Patino

If you whiff on all those guys, good luck

Might as well beg Calipari to come back

Has Billy Donovan officially rejected the idea?
Not that I've seem, but he has addressed it and said he's not been contacted. That was a day or two ago. The Bulls being contenders makes him a tougher pull if he were interested.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Be careful with coaches rejecting jobs as it has happened and then the coach later got a counter-offer or changed their minds.

That being said, I would be highly surprised if Nate Oats made the jump. The one that I think has a reasonable chance with more prodding is Billy Donovan.

I would assume Billy Donovan and Scott Drew are the leaders.

Why on earth would Mark Few leave a place where he's been at since the 90's to go to UK?

They might could get him with $$$$ but he is in a perfect spot at Gonzaga. If he would have made the jump, it would have been to Duke or UNC when they had the opening.

Then again, I thought the same about Chris Peterson at Boise State in Football but he made the jump to Washington eventually.

Nick Saban also publicly turned down Bama. "I will not be the head coach at Alabama."

Yeah, people forget how much of a seismic change those chain of events were to the landscape. Everyone sees Alabama now as this unstoppable program but that was all thanks to Saban. They were NOT looked at the same way back in 2006 and if they don't keep winning with DeBoer, may become that again. I always reminded some of the arrogant Alabama fans about how they had 3-8 and 4-9 seasons in the past that saw them lose to Northern Illinois, UCF, etc. Saban saved them.

Georgia fans are probably more intolerable now, at times. I can't wait to see them go back to the gutter again. Every program does it. The high and low points also don't happen in 4-5 years but in 15-20 year ratios. People often forget that and make such a big deal quoting about it.

As big as a program as Kentucky is, they are getting shot down from coaches at inferior programs such as Alabama, Baylor, etc

I hope this is a great example to Vols fans who want sooo badly to fire the best coach we hv ever had here in Tennessee history, Rick Barnes

It's an easy solution to fire a winning coach, its hard to find a legitimate replacement.

If I'm Kentucky, this is who I think you got to pursue right now:

1. Bruce Pearl
2. Mark Few
3. Lamont Paris
4. Will Wade
5. Rick Patino

If you whiff on all those guys, good luck

Might as well beg Calipari to come back
Don't think Few is realistic.

Lamont Paris would be a huge gamble.

Would Ky fans welcome Pitino back after coaching at Louisville and then his uhh...15 seconds of fame?

Could Tommy Lloyd be an option?

Reactions: Vols till I fall
Be careful with coaches rejecting jobs as it has happened and then the coach later got a counter-offer or changed their minds.

That being said, I would be highly surprised if Nate Oats made the jump. The one that I think has a reasonable chance with more prodding is Billy Donovan.

I would assume Billy Donovan and Scott Drew are the leaders.
Drew turned it down, today.

Not that I've seem, but he has addressed it and said he's not been contacted. That was a day or two ago. The Bulls being contenders makes him a tougher pull if he were interested.
I think they have a play in situation coming up for the playoffs. It will be interesting to watch that date if KY hasn’t hired someone by them.

Reactions: Vols till I fall
Don't think Few is realistic.

Lamont Paris would be a huge gamble.

Would Ky fans welcome Pitino back after coaching at Louisville and then his uhh...15 seconds of fame?

Could Tommy Lloyd be an option?
With Tommt Lloyd's bad post season record, I'm not sure they would welcome him with open arms

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If I was betting, I am putting money on Billy Donovan. It just makes too much sense for both parties.
The problem is Chicago has already clinched a play in spot. He’s not going to leave a team without a coach that’s in the playoffs. And if they advance from the play in to best-of-7 play, UK would burn out the entire portal period waiting for him, which they can’t afford to do if they want a competitive team next year.

Saban turned down Alabama...
I know that. It just seems out of touch to suggest it could be Drew, by name, when he literally turned it down 4 hours ago. I mean, yeah, it could be Drew. It could also be Phil Jackson, technically, I guess.

I know what you're driving at, and I've made the same comparison with Oats having turned it down, but the Saban misdirection is pretty rare. Usually when a coach publicly releases that he's turned down an offer, or has no interest, that coach stays put.

VN Store

Back