Kevin Beard for WR coach?

I went to dental school with a guy who had three kids while he was in school. His wife had to have been a saint

PhT

Putting hubby through

My daughter is a family practitioner. Med school and residency are brutal, but worth it in the end.

Best wishes to OP, and btw, we at the VA are looking for great docs. :hi: (and we're hiring, despite you-know-who)

Beard, a Plantation High graduate and former All-Broward star, definitely knows what it's like being on the other side of the fence from UM having served as an assistant coach at University School in Fort Lauderdale for four years and as a coach for the South Florida Express 7-on-7 team for six-plus years. For nearly a decade, Beard has worked with some of the most elite skill players to come out of the South Florida area.

He's respected. Brett Goetz, the coach and founder of the South Florida Express, said adding Beard is a huge addition to the UM staff especially since he has great relationships with most of the star recruits in the area for 2016 and 2017. UM has been criticized hard for missing out on local star receivers like Alabama's Amari Cooper (Miami Northwestern) and Florida State's Ermon Lane (Homestead High). Goetz said having Beard on staff might swing things in the Canes' favor now.

"They all know KB," Goetz said of the top recruits, high school coaches and 7-on-7 coaches. "He has great relationships that are going to help them be in the mix for a lot of kids like [2017 receiver recruit] Emmanuel Green, [2016 St. Thomas Aquinas receiver] Sam Bruce. If KB was hired prior to last year’s signing class they probably would have had a good shot with Ermon Lane, Chris Lammons [South Carolina] and Travis Rudolph [now at Florida State] because Beard had great relationships with those kids."

New Canes receivers coach Kevin Beard could be "the glue" that connects UM with elite local recruits again | Eye on the U

Seems like he could be an elite recruiter. Does anyone know how his pay stacked up to coach Z?

Seems like he could be an elite recruiter. Does anyone know how his pay stacked up to coach Z?

I can't find a salary number for Beard's new contract but given that the average FIU assistant makes $177K, I would guess he's under $225K. Azzanni was at $355K.

Comma_a22aca_3052237.gif

I'm dying! You win the internet today

Reactions: 2 people
The more I watch his micd up videos and dig into him, I really like him, he has great ties to FL. He's probably my number 1 choice.

Thanks for your service which had to include some pretty terrible events to some pretty awesome people. Earned my doctorate with 3 kids - you too can do it.

Nice. What type of MD are you?

The more I watch his micd up videos and dig into him, I really like him, he has great ties to FL. He's probably my number 1 choice.

I could see it and especially since Scott has ties to FL, I'm sure he has a hand in it. I would to get some of that talent there in Knoxville.

lemme ask a dumb question. With all the ties to U of M, why would he come to TN?

A lot more money.
Not coaching at FIU.
Larry Scott.
Quicker rise/promotion.
S.E.C.
Tennessee vs FIU
He's smart
He likes money
Larry Scott had ties to Miami and came, and he was actually on staff at Miami at the time
:hi:

Reactions: 2 people
If you watched Miami's passing game last year it was good. He is also an up and coming recruiter in florida as well. He knows the next batch of young players coming up right now. This might be a good thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Used to coach SoFL Express 7v7. He's a good recruiter and knkws hkw to get the best out of kids. Will work well and compliment CLS on the trail. Definitely can get us in on Elite SoFL talent.

I heard UWV just hired Coach Hill from Carol City to coach WRs. Id like to have gotten him also. He was at the U 08-10 and at UF in 11-12 coaching WRs.

I'm not knocking beard or anything just didn't like how he treated my nephew Brandon in the recruiting process..You just don't tell a kid that was offered to play there a year before he came the Wr coach at the u that he is the 12th wr on his board and dont have a shot..That was the difference between coach Z and Beard..Z showed mad love to Brandon..The same kid that beard said he wasn't good enough is on the verge of starting and making a impact..Beard would do well here though one of my favorite canes

I'm not knocking beard or anything just didn't like how he treated my nephew Brandon in the recruiting process..You just don't tell a kid that was offered to play there a year before he came the Wr coach at the u that he is the 12th wr on his board and dont have a shot..That was the difference between coach Z and Beard..Z showed mad love to Brandon..The same kid that beard said he wasn't good enough is on the verge of starting and making a impact..Beard would do well here though one of my favorite canes

So do you think Brandon will look to transfer if Beard is hired? I sure hope not. I have high hopes for him in Knoxville.

Yes, agreed. I'm usually able to look at VN between class or at the end of the day when I'm about to fall asleep. Use to be a regular but my time is spent mainly in the books these days

Learn now how to always fit in at least a wee bit of what you love outside of family and medicine. As important as your studies!! Maintaining those other interests are what keep you sane in later years. This coming from a UT Med school class of 2000 grad. Your posts have brought back fond (and not so fond but can laugh at now) memories today so thank you for being here!

If you watched Miami's passing game last year it was good. He is also an up and coming recruiter in florida as well. He knows the next batch of young players coming up right now. This might be a good thing.

He did not coach at Miami last year. He was their WR coach in 2015.

Why don't we get the top talent in Tennessee before we worry about South Florida, if we could just get the top talent in our home state we would become a very good football team and if you win then the South Florida kids will come no matter who is recruiting them we need a very good WR coach that can get the talent out of the WR we have had very good WR talent come here the last few year's and there talent was wasted we need a WR coach that can coach not just recruit.

If you could sign #76-100 of Florida's top 100 prospects you would have a better class than signing the top 25 out of Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Just saw that Ainge followed Beard on Twitter today. Probably doesn't mean much more than him wanting to try and interview him for his show, but it could mean something, idk

I like the idea of Beard getting a shot, he has a lot of inroads in florida and seems like a good Wr coach. I like him more than Craig. JMHO! GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back