Kevin Sumlin

im not promoting Sumlin but reality is Tennessee CANT roll the dice on a young mid-major coach again, regardless of how good his 2 or 3 yr record is. Im not going to get my hopes too high for guys like Patterson, Peterson, Fisher cause those are long shots.

A proven coach like Sumlin will not be intimidated by the size of this job. Both Dooley and Jones were.

The SEC is as close to the NFL as you can get. You need experienced game managers (Hell, Hoke coached in Big Ten for 3 yrs and he **** his pants Saturday night!). Guys like Mullen (one yr off a 5-7 season) and Sumlin are comfortable with the challenge.

A&M has not been a true national championship power in the last 50 yrs except a few yrs before Jackie got caught cheating. While they have alot of buildings, 3/4s of the state hate the Aggies and want nothing to do with them. In Texas, you either raise your kid an Aggie or you raise them to hate'em. No inbetween. It makes recruiting a challenge. Thus why teams like TCU, TEch, Baylor, etc can be so good at times and OU can recruit so well there.

If youre going to eliminate coaches who couldn't beat bama the last 5-6 yrs, youre going to eliminate a lot of them, including Peterson who got manhandled with maybe the best team hes ever had.

Last edited:
Yeah, you don't want Sumlin. He's all style, no substance. You'll be losing to 2 teams you shouldn't every year and all he'll do on the sideline is chew gum. He's an average coach and an average recruiter.

He's your man if you want 8-5 every year.

That appears to be his win ceiling.

He still vastly underachieved. He has every possible resource to compete with Ala every year but without Johnny Football he's badly underachieved. Losses like the UCLA game have been a staple of his. They have probably the best facilities in college football or at worse top 3, a fertile recruiting base, has 100k+ every home game, a passionate fanbase and Coach's at a school that should be competing for SEC and National Championships. No clue why he hasn't done more at A'M. He's got absolutely every resource possible at his disposal.

And they will always be the bastard stepchild to texas.

Just saw a report on Saturday Down South website that Ole Piss offered HC job to Taggert who turned them down.

Kevin Sumlin is horrible at game management.

Talent is never an issue with his teams.

He sucks at developing players, just like Butch.

Do you desire to wait around for Texas A&M to fire him and pass on several other coaches.

im not promoting Sumlin but reality is Tennessee CANT roll the dice on a young mid-major coach again, regardless of how good his 2 or 3 yr record is. Im not going to get my hopes too high for guys like Patterson, Peterson, Fisher cause those are long shots.

A proven coach like Sumlin
will not be intimidated by the size of this job. Both Dooley and Jones were.

The SEC is as close to the NFL as you can get. You need experienced game managers (Hell, Hoke coached in Big Ten for 3 yrs and he **** his pants Saturday night!). Guys like Mullen (one yr off a 5-7 season) and Sumlin are comfortable with the challenge.

A&M has not been a true national championship power in the last 50 yrs except a few yrs before Jackie got caught cheating. While they have alot of buildings, 3/4s of the state hate the Aggies and want nothing to do with them. In Texas, you either raise your kid an Aggie or you raise them to hate'em. No inbetween. It makes recruiting a challenge. Thus why teams like TCU, TEch, Baylor, etc can be so good at times and OU can recruit so well there.

If youre going to eliminate coaches who couldn't beat bama the last 5-6 yrs, youre going to eliminate a lot of them, including Peterson who got manhandled with maybe the best team hes ever had.

Wait! What! A proven coach like Sumlin?

Sumlin is about to get fired. I think he's done well at A&M. Texas A&M is one of the most historically overrated programs in all of college football and since they've joined the SEC, they claim to be like Alabama. Give me a break, it's Texas A&M we're talking about.

Historically the little brother to Texas.

Sumlin would do well at UT. A really good coach. A players coach. Young. Some say he has underachieved at A&M. I disagree, I believe he has done about as well as any can at A&M.

Big money doesn't equate to big britches....

Sumlin would be a very solid hire at UT.....

Sumlin is about to get fired. I think he's done well at A&M. Texas A&M is one of the most historically overrated programs in all of college football and since they've joined the SEC, they claim to be like Alabama. Give me a break, it's Texas A&M we're talking about.

Historically the little brother to Texas.

Sumlin would do well at UT. A really good coach. A players coach. Young. Some say he has underachieved at A&M. I disagree, I believe he has done about as well as any can at A&M.

Big money doesn't equate to big britches....

Sumlin would be a very solid hire at UT.....

No soup for you. One year!

Reactions: 4 people
If you get canned from a school for underachieving that has everything you need to win, then you shouldn’t be hired by another school like UT that has everything you need to win and expect different results.

Reactions: 1 person
So don't consider at coach that has beaten and competed at a very high level with the great Nick Saban? Yeah okay......

VN Store

Back