Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

What does how many years a person been a head coach really matters if they can COACH? Simplistic thinking is not erasing the capabilities of this coach if indeed the rumors are true. 85-90% of the reviews on Twitter outside of the fanatics have been very positive. DW knows this too.

You should know the answer to this as the insider.

Not all wins are created equally and not all time in life is equal. Life serves up some moments that count much more than other moments. The Lady Vol program finds itself at a crossroads in history. This is THE moment that will likely determine the fate of this program for the next generation. There is too much riding on the hire to get it wrong. You simply cannot take the risk to hire an unproven coach (and yes, one year in Division one is unproven).

I think that if a majority of fans think it's "ok" for THE Tennessee Lady Vols to go out and hire a coach with one year of experience in Division one, then we deserve the misery that will come as a result of that action.
Just doesn’t seem like one has anything to do with the other. More like RETRIBUTION for alternative opinions. I don’t believe DW hinders his process with silliness. Whomever he picks will be a well researched decision imo.

I was just sitting here thinking, if there was a Volnation site when Pat was hired what would people have said about hiring a 22 year old woman?
A 22 year old back then was may more mature than the 22 year olds of today. Plus, it was a much different time back then, and it was Pat Summitt.

A buddy sent me this screenshot. Any insight into this? I’m not sure how I feel if this is in fact the main target. I’m not upset but I’m not wow’d.
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 9.51.03 PM.jpeg

You all wouldn’t believe what I just noticed.. take away the Lady Vols fanatics on Twitter bashing and 85-90% of the discussion surrounding Kim Caldwell as Tennessee’s potential new head coach is positive reviews. Everyone says she is an excellent basketball mind. I believe she is basically poised to become a Niele Ivey and Becky Hammon clone as an innovative coach. People just haven’t seen her coach. Her style is what you see in the NBA and WNBA. And with the NIL collective expect her to hit the ground rolling and dominate the portal.

When the Duke, UNC, and Kansas folks hire for all intents and purposes a D2 coach for their mens programs call me.

Exactly…

But many names keep falling off the board. The board isn’t empty but these “DW is god” apologist are annoying

I still have faith. But there’s nuance and discussion as to why our perception is so bad.

there are correct and incorrect hires but we will see
Often in coaching searches, when someone finds out they are not getting an interview, they try to spin it publicly as if they turned it down. Kara Lawson can say whatever she wants, but she was never contacted by Tennessee. There are other “candidates” that were never contacted but will try to control the narrative that they were turning down a job they were never in consideration for raises their profile.

Holly and Kellie never made a serious effort to market the program to younger fans. That’s why as the blue hairs continue to die off, their seats go unfilled and attendance continues to descend year after year.

Bruce Pearl was very adept at selling. I think that’s going to be important for whoever this hire is too.

Attendance went up this year.

Don't know if you go to games, but there are many marketing games, events, opportunities for kids. They are highly emphasized.

This is the Lady Vols average attendance over the years….

image001.png

Reactions: lfvol and SoilVol
If you look at the ip address of @SkimMilkey (proclaimed women's basketball insider) now pushing Marshall's coach as "the one" and the ip address of a certain Volnation poster... guess what you see??

giphy.gif
Tell us

When the Duke, UNC, and Kansas folks hire for all intents and purposes a D2 coach for their mens programs call me.
The same UNC program that wanted to fire Hubert Davis the year after he went to the national championship in his first year? lololol, you’re making points.

You all wouldn’t believe what I just noticed.. take away the Lady Vols fanatics on Twitter bashing and 85-90% of the discussion surrounding Kim Caldwell as Tennessee’s potential new head coach is positive reviews. Everyone says she is an excellent basketball mind. I believe she is basically poised to become a Niele Ivey and Becky Hammon clone as an innovative coach. People just haven’t seen her coach. Her style is what you see in the NBA and WNBA. And with the NIL collective expect her to hit the ground rolling and dominate the portal.
NBA and WNBA style= Garbage

Reactions: AllVawl
When the Duke, UNC, and Kansas folks hire for all intents and purposes a D2 coach for their programs call me.
Man will you all just stop it. Most of these Power 5 schools hire long-time assistants from within as their head coach with no head coaching experience in any level. I mean being an assistant even on the P5 level is different from being a head coach. If a coach takes a head coaching job at the Mid-Major level and has success that translates to success on any level. If they move to the P5 level it comes down to finding the right fit. If this rumor is true and this is a great fit by December you all will act like you never doubted this hire.

If you look at the ip address of @SkimMilkey (proclaimed women's basketball insider) now pushing Marshall's coach as "the one" and the ip address of a certain Volnation poster... guess what you see??

giphy.gif
Are you talking about me but not @ing me or quoting me or something? Also where does my IP show? That seems weird but its all good. Are you thinking I'm saying I'm an insider? Because i never said i was. I wish I was that'd be a fun gig.

VN Store

Back