Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Partner keeps swearing to me that she will change her system because that’s not sustainable in the SEC. We renewed our season tickets, so I guess we’ll get to see first hand 🫠

I think he teams could look a lot like Vic Schafer’s but she’s gonna have to get the players. This is really a very interesting hire. White really is going to either look like the best AD ever or a total idiot based on how this goes.

If she fails to recruit in her first two seasons it will be over.

Really how could she be worse than Kellie? I really wanted her to succeed but she wouldn't have even been considered if she hadn't played for Pat.

Any idea what a cat turd might taste like? Would you prefer an older one that has dried out so the kitty litter can be brushed of before ingesting? Or would a fresh steaming one you think be the way to go if all this goes down? Maybe alot of Texas Pete sauce for flavor?
Just a wild guess but I'll say chicken :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

On the phone with my friend now. Sounds like Gottlieb was the only reach. She wasn’t going to leave. USC was prepared to match any offer. Her agent basically said she’s committed to her recruits and there isn’t a number that would undo that. No offer was made. After that, Kim was his plan. This is what White does. He can pick a ten dollar stock that will be worth 200 later. I realize people will be bothered by the hire, but it’s not possible to dismiss given White’s past success. He had an authorized big number to get Gottlieb, but it wasn’t going to get her here. White typically believes coaches are ascending, plateauing, or declining. Hes a big believer that you only hire ascending coaches. It’s early in her career, but she is ascending. I’d give it time, with a strong chance that White was right.
He should have chased the white whale that is Becky Hammon. Nothing against KC, but I make Becky Hammon tell me no.

I think he teams could look a lot like Vic Schafer’s but she’s gonna have to get the players. This is really a very interesting hire. White really is going to either look like the best AD ever or a total idiot based on how this goes.

It's a real possibility we miss both tournaments next season, especially if we lose too many of the players we currently have. It's a huge gamble that might not pay off until her third or fourth season.

Reactions: glv98

Totally agree and it is going to be her team real soon. Only three players on roster for 2025 so a lot of work to do.

Worked with Heupel. And previously with Oates and Leipold. Might reinvent the whole damn thing. 😏
I think it will reinvent the Lady Vols. A "system coach" is the best way to win while you are recruiting better players. A system using 5 players has better odds of winning versus 1, 2, or even 3 players trying to carry the team.

I wish Kim nothing but much success!!

Not debating you. I was just having a little fun with many other posters who were guaranteeing that Danny effin’ White was bringing in the biggest of the big fish and he would never settle for a mid major type.
My top two choices were Becky Hammon and Gottlieb. I figured both were long shots. After that, it was a crap shoot IMO. No one is beyond failing.

It's a real possibility we miss both tournaments next season, especially if we lose too many of the players we currently have. It's a huge gamble that might not pay off until her third or fourth season.

Apparently White was prepared to take that chance, because I agree. Unless our roster looks completely different, a lot faster and a lot deeper by November we are likely in for a long season next year.

I don’t see all of the players staying but I do see a few of them. Some of them with poor foot speed are probably going to need to find a new home if she’s planning to press like she normally does.

I think a lot of our players are gonna see her success and be excited about the opportunity to play in her system. I think a lot of other players are gonna feel the same way and want to come here. . . some players are gonna be asked to leave.

No doubt in my mind that the NiL will do everything possible to get whatever players she wants. Same with DW, she's his hire, he will do absolutely everything possible to make sure they succeed.

Just 1 more thing......Danny White is the best AD in America and you all should support him. He's made The University of Tennessee the hottest college in the country in just a few short years. We are at the top in nearly every sport. The LV basketball program was behind and DW did what he had to do. Trust the man, let him do his job, and watch the trophies pile up. He's a winner and UT is blessed to have him. As far as his history, he hires winners, on and off the court, "game recognizes game".

I said

It's great

to be

a TENNESSEE VOL

Last edited:

VN Store

Back