Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Is that the best defense you can muster?

Already established you didn’t pen the opinion.

You certainly co-signed it though. And have repeatedly refused to denounce it.

I’ll ask again - Do you still ascribe to the hope that the LV’s fail now that Kim is the coach?
What’s the phrase “likes and retweets do not equal endorsements” again I like so much 💩 here for various reasons.

Like If I ever like a post by u know it’s probably because I was rolling on the floor laughing 😂

Upside is a lot of posters who are here now won’t be in game and post game threads!

That’s a great thing!
the majority of the ones upset with the hire are active in the game threads. without them, the lady vol forum would be silent. they can disagree with a hire. with any hire, ppl will disagree. who cares.

PLease read my post again. I didn't say he was bad, incompetent or anything negative at all. I said he was good. But it is a stretch to call him the best AD in the country. Please take off your homer glasses. The Georgia AD has presided over 2 National championships in football. The Alabama AD has presided over multiple NC's in several sports. How many NC's has DW presided over?UMMM 0. Again has he done a good job so far? Yes without a doubt. Would I like him to continue to to be successful? Yes without a doubt. But to crown him the best AD in all of the NCAA is simply wrong and a gross overstatement. There are currently other more long term more successful AD's out there whether you choose to believe it or not.
Those AD's you mention have nothing to do with the success of those two football programs. Matter of fact both coaches have total control of the football teams. We will see how Bama does now without Saban. As for UGa Kirby follows the model Saban set. We are talking total Athletic Department success. Winning

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Upside is a lot of posters who are here now won’t be in game and post game threads!

That’s a great thing!

Heck, half of the posters here now are making their rookie appearances in the Lady Vol forum.

Glad to see that the hire has energized so many new faces. Haven't seen this many new names since The Great Knee Down.

I’m not sure the current roster has enough athletes to play full court for 40 minutes , I think we have some 3 point shooters , I guess we’ll see who she can bring in , most players like this style because it takes 9 or 10 player rotation to play

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
I'm encouraged by this photo of Coach (Stephens) Caldwell giving an official some well-deserved grief during a game. That look is hilarious! It's gives a whole, "You. Cannot. Be. Serious with that bullsh*t call. Did your mama have any children who could actually see, or was your blind azz their only one?"59AA4082-65DC-4E33-ACD9-3F473652FB84.jpeg

Those AD's you mention have nothing to do with the success of those two football programs. Matter of fact both coaches have total control of the football teams. We will see how Bama does now without Saban. As for UGa Kirby follows the model Saban set. We are talking total Athletic Department success. Winning
So winning national championships isn't winning?? And AD's have nothing to do with their programs winning national championships? ,ok. Whatever man your are smoking some crazy ish!

An Oklahoma team that Tennessee beat without Rickea Jackson while Talaysia Cooper was redshirted is not in anyway a better team than Tennessee. Tennessee will look different and play different as a team from the start of the season. That in of itself is an advantage. No more starting the season off in a hole due to game/in-season management and a poorly constructed non-conference schedule.

An Oklahoma team that Tennessee beat without Rickea Jackson while Talaysia Cooper was redshirted is not in anyway a better team than Tennessee. Tennessee will look different and play different as a team from the start of the season. That in of itself is an advantage. No more starting the season off in a hole due to game/in-season management and a poorly constructed non-conference schedule.
Yes they are better!

She’s not going to move the needle for some. She’s only been a D1 head coach for one season. Hard to argue with someone who has doubts about her. However, she isn’t without positives either. Fun brand of ball and has won everywhere she’s gotten an opportunity. I know the NCAA tournament loss is what people will consider most notable about her, but she quickly took Marshall to never before seen heights.

I wouldn’t ask anyone to go all in on KC immediately. There are legitimate reasons to doubt her. Even I am a little skeptical. I do think it’s only fair to give her a chance, though. If you were willing to give Kellie a sixth season, there’s no rational reason to not be willing to give KC a few years to see if she’s the one.

As always, go Lady Vols

No they are not. Spear returning for a 5th year and adding athleticism in the backcourt with an elite X’s and O’s coach in Kim Caldwell, that is laughable to attempt to automatically put Oklahoma ahead of Tennessee.
Are we certain that incoming athleticism wants to stay here under this new coach and her staff?

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Are we certain that incoming athleticism wants to stay here under this new coach and her staff?

The majority of people around them may be thinking the way a former 2025 commit close relative is. People do not think the way the fanatics do on this forum in reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brawlvol

VN Store

Back