Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Again some folks who do not realize they are in the minority are missing the point, this is a technology driven world we live in. This was in no way a reach. Basketball has completely changed. Kids still recognize Tennessee as a top tier program that is obvious by how many highly ranked prospects and portal transfers have visited in recent years. They already know Tennessee is a place where you can win and fans will come to the games. You guys have praised young elite players and teams that can barely fill stands because it is all over social media. Well now Tennessee has hired a coach that plays a style of basketball that will appeal to every single HS prospect in the country. Her being young and new is also a bonus to young kids. I work in the field of education. Kids know the veteran teachers and will respect the best of them. But I tell you the moment kids in this generation see a new young teacher that has style that is everyone’s favorite. Move forward and move on from the way of thinking three to five years ago. DW made a home run hire. One or two visits from top prospects that believe in Coach Caldwell vision and watch the commits start to take off. All of her social media posts from the LV WBB page is getting 30+-100k views and 1k-3k likes in just hours!

So winning national championships isn't winning?? And AD's have nothing to do with their programs winning national championships? ,ok. Whatever man your are smoking some crazy ish!
Kirby was always going to UGA. And I believe the guy that hired nick retired. Don't quote me on that. I wouldn't say either of those have better athletic programs than Tennessee. Deapite NC's in football. Have they had more success in Football yes, no argument from me on that. But top to bottom Tennessee has been better than both under DW. Time will tell how this hire turns out. Just dont jump off that bridge yet

I may need to take a break until the press conference, but these videos feel very underwhelming (to me)

I’m really trying guys.
It’s a big stage, and she definitely needs to grow into it. Idk that putting cameras on her right away was smart because she looks scared as hell to me. Makes me nervous and even more nervous about recruiting. Reiterating my hopes that she has a good career mentor to support her in this transition.

I may need to take a break until the press conference, but these videos feel very underwhelming (to me)

I’m really trying guys.
I’m still too stunned to even try yet. Never saw this coming. We didn’t even want to give it a shot anymore? My initial feeling is to feel sorry for this woman. The odds she’s facing are huge. Why did we need to take this monster size gamble?

It’s a big stage, and she definitely needs to grow into it. Idk that putting cameras on her right away was smart because she looks scared as hell to me. Makes me nervous and even more nervous about recruiting. Reiterating my hopes that she has a good career mentor to support her in this transition.
Exactly. That’s what I mean. What are we doing to this nice lady? Unprepared in every way.

Reactions: brittannica
Weirdo talk. This lady looks no different than any person that is living in the moment while experiencing a life changing decision. What is unprepared about it? It’s an emotional moment you all expecting her to give a presidential speech gtfo! Some people will say and post anything.

Okay smart guy, what was Pat's coaching resume when we hired her? I think you have no clue what you're talking about.
I've been following the Lady Vol program since before Pat was hired smarty pants. It was a different era, different teams and a different type of game. I was watching the Lady Vols when Joan Cronan was the coach, so I know quite a bit more about the program than you ever will.

Exactly - she isn't prepared for this. She played at a smaller college and has coached at smaller colleges - this is a very different stage.

They have tomorrow to prepare her for the press conference.

Yes, we do. They are the marquee program for the LV brand - and they are more than capable of being one of the very few WBB programs to run in the black.

All they need is someone that can put a product on the floor that people will come out and watch - something Kellie was failing to do.
They have been in the black about twice in their history

I’m still too stunned to even try yet. Never saw this coming. We didn’t even want to give it a shot anymore? My initial feeling is to feel sorry for this woman. The odds she’s facing are huge. Why did we need to take this monster size gamble?
Glad you weren’t around in 1974 when Pat Head Summit was hired. Perhaps you are right, or maybe you are wrong, but get behind our new coach and give this lady a chance.
Pat Summitt's timeline shows what an amazing career she experienced

Definitely see/feel where you’re coming from.

Gonna try and take this one day at a time.

I want to see how she does in the portal. It’s been said she’s a great offensive coach, so that gives me a glimmer of hope. I’ve been wanting to see a better product on that end forEVER.

@butchna I trust your memory more than mine. What happened here?
He was interviewed and offered. Was all prepared to accept and last second Dabo talked him down and gave him a raise. Supposedly wasn’t the ideal job for his first. This was according to a Clemson writer. Flash forward one season and a disappointing one and VIRGINIA became an ideal fit. 😉

Glad you weren’t around in 1974 when Pat Head Summit was hired. Perhaps you are right, or maybe you are wrong, but get behind our new coach and give this lady a chance.
Pat Summitt's timeline shows what an amazing career she experienced
Absolutely no comparison to 74 Pat and this inexplicable hire.

Also I’m under no illusion that I have any power to give anyone a “chance” or not or that me getting behind anything means diddly. It’s just a message board. The deed is done. Just going to take me a minute to digest it.

VN Store

Back