Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Exactly - she isn't prepared for this. She played at a smaller college and has coached at smaller colleges - this is a very different stage.

They have tomorrow to prepare her for the press conference.
Agreed. But the thing with the press conference is that she could do great. But eventually they make you play basketball. And while she can beat Notre Dame (Ohio), can she beat Notre Dame. I’m skeptical. Shortsighted decision to make a change.

Again some folks who do not realize they are in the minority are missing the point, this is a technology driven world we live in. This was in no way a reach. Basketball has completely changed. Kids still recognize Tennessee as a top tier program that is obvious by how many highly ranked prospects and portal transfers have visited in recent years. They already know Tennessee is a place where you can win and fans will come to the games. You guys have praised young elite players and teams that can barely fill stands because it is all over social media. Well now Tennessee has hired a coach that plays a style of basketball that will appeal to every single HS prospect in the country. Her being young and new is also a bonus to young kids. I work in the field of education. Kids know the veteran teachers and will respect the best of them. But I tell you the moment kids in this generation see a new young teacher that has style that is everyone’s favorite. Move forward and move on from the way of thinking three to five years ago. DW made a home run hire. One or two visits from top prospects that believe in Coach Caldwell vision and watch the commits start to take off. All of her social media posts from the LV WBB page is getting 30+-100k views and 1k-3k likes in just hours!

Hahahaha

Kirby was always going to UGA. And I believe the guy that hired nick retired. Don't quote me on that. I wouldn't say either of those have better athletic programs than Tennessee. Deapite NC's in football. Have they had more success in Football yes, no argument from me on that. But top to bottom Tennessee has been better than both under DW. Time will tell how this hire turns out. Just dont jump off that bridge yet
OK whatever Danny,

You’re equating division two success with being “proven.”

LSU had the chance to go get a “proven” coach a few years ago. It cost them. $3+ million a year - and they won a national championship in year 2.

We could have done that with several coaches but he didn’t want to spend the money. KY women’s basketball just had back to back 20 loss seasons and they went and hired a “proven” winner who was in last year’s final4. It’s a classic case of you get what you pay for. We paid for “proven” at the D2 level while others paid for “proven” at the D1 level. We will see how that works out for us.
Worked out pretty well with Bruce Pearl up until the BBQ!

Reactions: brockytop
You’re equating division two success with being “proven.”

LSU had the chance to go get a “proven” coach a few years ago. It cost them. $3+ million a year - and they won a national championship in year 2.

We could have done that with several coaches but he didn’t want to spend the money. KY women’s basketball just had back to back 20 loss seasons and they went and hired a “proven” winner who was in last year’s final4. It’s a classic case of you get what you pay for. We paid for “proven” at the D2 level while others paid for “proven” at the D1 level. We will see how that works out for us.
Please list the coaches that we could have gotten with offering more money. Also, since you are in the know, please list how much we offered each of them and how much they wanted to come here.

I've been following the Lady Vol program since before Pat was hired smarty pants. It was a different era, different teams and a different type of game. I was watching the Lady Vols when Joan Cronan was the coach, so I know quite a bit more about the program than you ever will.
Okay bud. Thanks for not answering my question.

The good thing for me is I know how this will end, so I won’t get emotional like I’ve been during the years. I’ll always watch and support every game but this is the end of us winning championships, we will have to hope for the moral victories and hope to be some kind of Cinderella.
Like all those championships Holly and Kellie won for us?

Reactions: T_Vol376
He was interviewed and offered. Was all prepared to accept and last second Dabo talked him down and gave him a raise. Supposedly wasn’t the ideal job for his first. This was according to a Clemson writer. Flash forward one season and a disappointing one and VIRGINIA became an ideal fit. 😉
I'm sure glad he didn't take it or wasn't offered.

Is that the best defense you can muster?

Already established you didn’t pen the opinion.

You certainly co-signed it though. And have repeatedly refused to denounce it.

I’ll ask again - Do you still ascribe to the hope that the LV’s fail now that Kim is the coach?
Drag them sugarvol.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Weak pull I’m afraid 😔
Got you dancing like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Still trying to dance out of your support for KC and the LV Program failing? Your silence on that inconvenient truth is deafening.

Own it or denounce it. Or continue on with your feckless avoidance of it.

I think we know what you’ll choose.

Reactions: jp1 and Exiled
It doesn’t take a genius to see a person who looks nervous and not confident. She actually looked like she wanted to cry. If she unfortunately read Volnation this week, she knows her name mentioned for the job was considered a joke.

I hope she gets herself together and just says ‘no’ to constantly being on camera, and I hope she has what it takes to recruit over certain players she met today. She needs some alone time to pull herself together, and fight.

VN Store

Back