Kongbo is excited

Amazing what a pick six will do for an attitude.

If he were to stay at DT, he would need to add about 25-35 pounds or even more. He only needs about 5-15 pounds of muscle to hone his frame for DE.

If he were to stay at DT, he would need to add about 25-35 pounds or even more. He only needs about 5-15 pounds of muscle to hone his frame for DE.

Maybe. But seeing him play this year, it seems like he doesnt have the best speed to be a speed rusher on the DE. I think with his frame, it better suits him to be a DT. That being said, wherever he plays, I think Kongbo will be much better in 2017.

I don't see it. He looks like a prototypical pass rushing end. Not a space eater at all. We are in dire straights at DT now. Glad Kongbo is willing to play out IDF position there.

I think he has a big year at DE next year. Glad he doesn't pay attention to sooner on VN.

Kongbo is 270. For comparison Barnett is 265. Vereen is 250.

I'd say Kongbo, with continued work in the weight room, will naturally out grow DE. I expect he will graduate at about 285. Can you say Malik Jackson - another guy that started at DE and moved inside?

Playing midget-sized DTs didn't work out very well. Any team in the country could run up the middle against us for 200+ yards. This team reminded me of the team Majors inherited. It went 4-7 with 220 lb. Danny (Pug) Jenkins (who played his warrior heart out) playing DT. Butch needs to recruit depth at DT and let DEs play DE.

I thought when we added Alexis Johnson last year that we would have 5 SEC caliber DTs with the size to control the middle....who would have thought we would lose 4 of the 5? If Vickers returns we'll have 4 to start the season...

Kongo is one of those players who will get drafted off of measureables alone.I just hope he can have a break out season next year as a DE. Still think he is the perfect 3-4 DE

Kongo is one of those players who will get drafted off of measureables alone.I just hope he can have a break out season next year as a DE. Still think he is the perfect 3-4 DE

With a good camp absolutely. Antonio Gates or George Fants come to mind

People forget just how raw and inexperienced Kongbo is. To loosely quote Jonathan Goldsmith, stay healthy my friend

VN Store

Back