Les Miles thread (merged)

I have faith as well! Miles would be a great hire IMO. He would bring consistency back to TN. He may not be the best coach in the country, but now we just need to get back to relevance and he could do it! Peterson for my buck though!~

Reactions: 3 people
He only has about 5 less losses than Schiano has wins. And NC SEC rings. Yeah he doesn't fit our search profile.

I just scanned the top posts here and didn't see anyone mention Les Miles at all. Am I crazy to think he would be a good hire for us? He had a good record at LSU, he can recruit the SEC, he won a national title and he beat Florida consistently. Why have I not heard anything about this guy getting a job anywhere, let alone here? If I was Currie, Les Miles would have been my first, second and third phone calls today.

Reactions: 1 person
Les wasn't my top choice, but he has to be on the list, right? He is clearly a way better option than what we have been shoveled so far.

Les Miles won't take the job now.....

Was best choice all along.....

Hell I started this thread on him being the best candidate......

Now Tennessee will not get a quality coach after yesterday. Period

Tee & Kiffin are the only hopes left...

But this damaged recruiting too so idk if either one of them would come now because of that...

Reactions: 2 people
And Chavis as DC? Sounds much better then Schiano plus Miles is incredibly likeable everybody loves that weird mfer

Les Miles reached out to boosters as of last night to gauge interest. Then again he is contractually obligated to pursue work per the terms of his buyout clause. So it might just be him doing that to appear like he is looking for work...

If he got Tee as a OC and coach in waiting. I think that would be outstanding considering where we are right now.

I'd love to see Les for 4-5 years with the understanding they we are bringing Tee Martin or similar as an understudy to be mentored and groomed as the next HFC.

All those arguments against Miles about clock management and whatnot certainly seem less important now, don't they?

Many don't care for Les, but with everything that has gone on, he could be as solid a coach as UT can get right now. Personally, if he is willing to change some of his ways, I don't think he would be a bad hire- certainly better than what AD tried to ram through!

I didn't know about this deal where Les has to "search" for coaching jobs in order to get his buyout money. If he indeed reached out to UT, that's probably all this is.

IF Les Miles reached out for a job as head coach, say YES, pay him, call a press conference and get it done. Let him get out there and recruit and hire a decent OC that can take the play calling off him. Maybe even hire an up and coming OC that could become a future coach.

I didn't know about this deal where Les has to "search" for coaching jobs in order to get his buyout money. If he indeed reached out to UT, that's probably all this is.

its a pretty common clause in these high dollar coaching contracts these days. basically bc if he does get a job then they get to reduce or totally stop making payments to him based on his salary at the new gig

Les Miles won't take the job now.....

Was best choice all along.....

Hell I started this thread on him being the best candidate......

Now Tennessee will not get a quality coach after yesterday. Period

Tee & Kiffin are the only hopes left...

But this damaged recruiting too so idk if either one of them would come now because of that...
Wasn't you the one that was the biggest schiano supporter on here. You approved of everything he did and seen . Come on man, now you say you big supporter of les mikes. Your the biggest bigget iv ever heard. When you shower buddy got the boot now you wanna jump ship .GTFoutta here.

Ok let's run down the list

Gruden: can someone tell me the date he coached his last team?

Kelly: Very good PAC 12 coach who admits he HATES to recruit

Petirno: has been a SEC coach before good game day coach everything else lacks at

Patterson: Would be a solid hire imo but how does he adapt to SEC football?? Nobody knows
The SEC is a different animal

Broum: Very little experience looks good early

Miles: proven winner, recruiter, and development of talent. NC coach

So what exactly is the best option? Who knows
Les Miles just fits in the most check boxes for me
Wasn't you saying schiano was the man for the job at UT? Tell the truth, he was your number 1 pick not les miles,like you are saying now. Since we got rid of your man now you want to claim miles is your man for the job. You are so full of sh!t. Who you gonna support once miles is passed over..? hope you have a big list if not theres not gonna be much more you can say.Maybe you will just go away.:whatever::furious3::moon2:

its a pretty common clause in these high dollar coaching contracts these days. basically bc if he does get a job then they get to reduce or totally stop making payments to him based on his salary at the new gig

Yeah, some have it, others don't. It is my understanding that Sumlin doesn't.... and TAM owes him $10m within 60 days. Les must seek employment in good faith, but there are no set rules as to what that may mean.

VN Store

Back