Let's talk candidates...

Rising star does not mean Greg Marshall. He is a star not rising he has risen. I will be really interested at who we are looking at. I expect we want to play around 1.5 million three or four year contract. We'll be rebuilding the first two seasons then expectations will be high. We do this a lot at Tennessee.

What do you guys think about Murry Bartow (ETSU)? he has done wonders with this program, I think all he needs is a chance to prove himself! I think he is a great coach in a small school. What could he do at UT?

What do you guys think about Murry Bartow (ETSU)? he has done wonders with this program, I think all he needs is a chance to prove himself! I think he is a great coach in a small school. What could he do at UT?

ETSU played in the CIT last year. He is a good coach at a small school who should stay where he is.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure why anyone would have big issues with Tyndall.

2 NCAAs on his resume, 29-7 at Southern Miss this year. Wins 65% of his games overall, 76% at Southern Miss.

Would be a much better resume than Buzz, Green or Zo when they were hired.

Reactions: 2 people
A couple of head coaches names to throw out there:

Fred Hoiberg - Iowa State

Fran McCaffery - Iowa.

Rick Barnes - Texas.

Dan Dakich - ESPN announcer and former coach at Indiana and Toledo.

Not sure why anyone would have big issues with Tyndall.

2 NCAAs on his resume, 29-7 at Southern Miss this year. Wins 65% of his games overall, 76% at Southern Miss.

Would be a much better resume than Buzz, Green or Zo when they were hired.

Not hard to stack wins in crappy conferences, those winning percentages don't mean much to me. He has 1 more NCAAT than Zo has in how many more years?

Everybody wanted to immediately discount Zo because of who he followed, let's do the same with Zo's replacement. Pearl had us in 6 straight NCAAT, you confident Tyndall can do that?

Not hard to stack wins in crappy conferences, those winning percentages don't mean much to me. He has 1 more NCAAT than Zo has in how many more years?

Everybody wanted to immediately discount Zo because of who he followed, let's do the same with Zo's replacement. Pearl had us in 6 straight NCAAT, you confident Tyndall can do that?

Zo has one in 6 with 3 years at a high major, Tyndall has 2 in 8 at schools where he had to win the championship to get into the tournament. In his last 6 seasons he's won 20, 24, 25, 18, 27, and 29 games.

Morehead was 4-23 the year before he was hired. His 3rd year they won 20 and made the NCAAs.

He's a damn good coach.

Zo has one in 6 with 3 years at a high major, Tyndall has 2 in 8 at schools where he had to win the championship to get into the tournament. In his last 6 seasons he's won 20, 24, 25, 18, 27, and 29 games.

Morehead was 4-23 the year before he was hired. His 3rd year they won 20 and made the NCAAs.

He's a damn good coach.

Which is why he's still at a mid major,
Gotcha.

Why not throw the bank at Rick Pitino. Extra 1.3 million is a nice start

Don't get me wrong...it never hurts to ask but I would say for that one you could wish in one hand and....well you know the rest.

His son would be a much more realistic option.

He's a damn good coach.

You can't seriously want this guy or think he is better. Less tourney wins in more years than Zo. Teams score less points. Not a young coach. Won't be able to recruit here. No thanks.

Attachments

• Donnie_Tyndall_Mens_Basketball_coach_at_Morehead_State_49873.jpg
    Donnie_Tyndall_Mens_Basketball_coach_at_Morehead_State_49873.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 203
Like I said in another thread. My wish list is

1: Shaka smart/Gregg Marshall
2: jay wright
3: Fred hoiberg
4: tommy amaker.

I have an off the wall idea. Lets hire Larry Brown. I know his time would probably be short here, but by that point he would have set up the team nicely. By that point we should be able to bring Bruce pearl back.

What about former Miss State Coach Rick Stansburry? He always brought competitive teams to Miss State and they were always relevant in the West.

VN Store

Back