Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

I hate this trend, which is obviously, for lots of money. There’s something about “Fenway Park” sounding so much more classy and historical and meaningful vs. Minute Maid Park.
They could call it the Scrubbing Bubbles™ Toilet Bowl and it’d still be a better park than the AstroDome was

I see earlier in this thread a lot of us were under the impression work would be going on during the season. I see no evidence of anything going on when I'm over there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I see earlier in this thread a lot of us were under the impression work would be going on during the season. I see no evidence of anything going on when I'm over there.
It is not in the stadium but outside as they do foundation work. Have looked for that?

It is not in the stadium but outside as they do foundation work. Have looked for that?
Maybe they are doing something in the street. There is also a strip blocked off between the stadium and the fraternity house behind it. It runs from the main gate to the little concrete pad where the families tailgate. I assume that is utility work. If that is going to be where the foundation is for the new addition, it is going to make the footprint WAY bigger.

It’s just so ugly and bush league looking. I mean my high school team has natural grass and real dirt. My little league fields had it.

There is no reason an SEC baseball program should have fake grass painted brown instead of dirt on their field. None of the SEC power programs use it besides Vandy which famously has basically no AD funds. Hell, I can’t think of a power team in the entire country that uses it besides Texas, but they have the old school dirt cut outs around the bases.

Arkansas, USC, LSU, UF, Miss St, Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, A&M.. all playing on a real baseball field. Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri… and us… are the only ones using chopped up tire bedding and green and brown plastic .

If tony likes it, more power to him. But its only benefit is drainage. Besides that, it screams were a not taken seriously poverty program.

If a public high school can manage this, so can UT as a top 10 baseball program in the country.

There's a reason most of the northern schools have fake turf and the southern ones don't. It's called winter weather.

Nothing for remembering the former greats or key figures of the past. Tell your grans he/she was .....back in the day. If stadium name is gone you'll have to go to the streets named for Peyton etc
Shhhhhhh. You might give Danny more ideas for fund raising - rename the streets!!

Unless I misunderstood, I think drilling for some of the supports for the new boxes should start this week.

(Disclaimer: every drilling job I've ever been around never starts on time).
You never know what they'll hit. I once saw a downtown office tower construction job stopped cold because the drillers found some mastodon bones. Stopped construction for a couple years while they dug them all up.

Maybe they are doing something in the street. There is also a strip blocked off between the stadium and the fraternity house behind it. It runs from the main gate to the little concrete pad where the families tailgate. I assume that is utility work. If that is going to be where the foundation is for the new addition, it is going to make the footprint WAY bigger.
I suspected physics. You need an anchor for that cantilever roof.

It’s just so ugly and bush league looking. I mean my high school team has natural grass and real dirt. My little league fields had it.

There is no reason an SEC baseball program should have fake grass painted brown instead of dirt on their field. None of the SEC power programs use it besides Vandy which famously has basically no AD funds. Hell, I can’t think of a power team in the entire country that uses it besides Texas, but they have the old school dirt cut outs around the bases.

Arkansas, USC, LSU, UF, Miss St, Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, A&M.. all playing on a real baseball field. Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri… and us… are the only ones using chopped up tire bedding and green and brown plastic .

If tony likes it, more power to him. But its only benefit is drainage. Besides that, it screams were a not taken seriously poverty program.

If a public high school can manage this, so can UT as a top 10 baseball program in the country.

Get into the modern era. Tennessee’s baseball field is the state of the art and we have been able to play and complete baseball games which could not have been played on natural grass and dirt. This such a boost for our baseball team in that the pitching rotation can be maintained for both starters and relievers. Their surface also helps prevent injuries both at bat and in the field.

I suspected physics. You need an anchor for that cantilever roof.
You also have to account for the concrete curing. Once they pour, the concrete must cure and pass a strength test before they can start any kind of building on it. It's a process that could take 2-3 months depending on the size for the footings.

VN Store

Back