Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

IMG_2468.jpegThe MVP seats now extend up to concourse

The trees that sat outside the stadium have been removed as you can see in the final 2 photos. The upper level club and suites will overhang the sidewalks

Attachments

• IMG_2467.jpeg
    IMG_2467.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2469.jpeg
    IMG_2469.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2470.jpeg
    IMG_2470.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2471.jpeg
    IMG_2471.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics.

Looks great but the 4 tops sure seem like a big waste of capacity.
I like the 4 tops.

They add some character to the stadium. Much like the party deck beyond the wall, some aspects of the construction go beyond just maximizing capacity.

(I am sure they also bring in a ton of money for the university.)

I like the 4 tops.

They add some character to the stadium. Much like the party deck beyond the wall, some aspects of the construction go beyond just maximizing capacity.

(I am sure they also bring in a ton of money for the university.)
That's true. They have to pay for the stadium but this section will look empty when the stadium is full. like the new premium seats on the west side of Neyland look.

I think the concourse is going to be packed.

Call it my opinion, the metal rails and bars don't look like the final product. I suspect they will eventually be upgraded to some extent.

With the addition squeezing foul territory, the field looks even smaller. With the close seats, the porches, the packed concourses, the place may be a hornet's nest. Provided everyone uses their tickets of course.

That's true. They have to pay for the stadium but this section will look empty when the stadium is full. like the new premium seats on the west side of Neyland look.

I think the concourse is going to be packed.

Call it my opinion, the metal rails and bars don't look like the final product. I suspect they will eventually be upgraded to some extent.

With the addition squeezing foul territory, the field looks even smaller. With the close seats, the porches, the packed concourses, the place may be a hornet's nest. Provided everyone uses their tickets of course.
As a student, I used to sit on the old high school concrete bleachers between the dugouts and the hill behind home plate.

Later, I got to walk in the “new” LNS and take my seat on top of the opposing teams third base dugout, where we’d give ‘em all we could!

Now, I can’t afford to take my kids to but one game a year while buying tickets on the secondary market.

I can’t believe the changes in the last 35 years.

I love the team’s success, and I hope it continues, but I sure do miss going to a weekend series at LNS, even more now that it is an out-of-state trip for me to go to a game.

It really does look like Coach V and AD White are being intentional about making a visit to the stadium an “experience” for all; I appreciate that about the renovations. I hope one day LNS will become a “bucket list” visit for opposing fans the way Neyland is for football.

As a student, I used to sit on the old high school concrete bleachers between the dugouts and the hill behind home plate.

Later, I got to walk in the “new” LNS and take my seat on top of the opposing teams third base dugout, where we’d give ‘em all we could!

Now, I can’t afford to take my kids to but one game a year while buying tickets on the secondary market.

I love the team’s success, and I hope it continues, but I sure do miss going to a weekend series at LNS, even more now that it is an out-of-state trip for me to go to a game.

It really does look like Coach V and AD White are being intentional about making a visit to the stadium an “experience” for all; I appreciate that about the renovations. I hope one day LNS will become a “bucket list” visit for opposing fans the way Neyland is for football.

Bet we know each other.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Very likely. I was a little bit loud back then.
Back in the 80s and early 90s we students were always loud.

None of us had smartphones. Hell! None of us even had cell phone at all.
We were allowed to comment on other player's obesity, sexuality, and the quality of their sisters abilities
Our routines, chants, heckles, replies and skits were well- rehearsed

However, in the old Lower Hudson Field. You could bring coolers and there was always this guy standing behind home plate with the best smelling tobacco pipe smoke.

Back in the 80s and early 90s we students were always loud.

None of us had smartphones. Hell! None of us even had cell phone at all.
We were allowed to comment on other player's obesity, sexuality, and the quality of their sisters abilities
Our routines, chants, heckles, replies and skits were well- rehearsed

However, in the old Lower Hudson Field. You could bring coolers and there was always this guy standing behind home plate with the best smelling tobacco pipe smoke.
Yep. We definitely know each other. 🤣

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Exactly how I feel. When we weren’t very good, or should I say, below average…it was the most reasonable price of any of the Big 3. Never had to really worry about it. Baseball is really a post season sport like no other and I know, I know, basketball. TBA is huge for a college basketball arena, LNS not so much.

I’ve never seen anything like the difference between Hoover then and the last time I went. Quite literally out bid hard core fans, weren’t there the earlier portion of the week, and didn’t know the players names or what positions…

OTOH, lots of us, me included, said why aren’t the games streamed or on TV? When are they going to upgrade the stadium? When are they going to invest in baseball? It had the most potential to go from non revenue to revenue of any sport on campus. Here we are and I don’t want the program to go backwards so I can go to the games. We asked for it, they won enough, kinda got we wanted. I had my chance to get tickets, didn’t pull the trigger, it’s on me.

No crying in baseball.

GBO!!!

Countdown…25 minutes.

I’m not sure the mvps go all the way up now. Those signs have been that way for a couple years. If they had converted them they would have kicked some family members in Sec A and their tickets didn’t change.

They look flimsy or cheap to me, just not substantial. They could at least paint them black so they don't dominate visually.

@VolGirl81 I thought I’d reply to you over here in this thread where it be easier to find than under the game thread.

The improvements are nice, but things are still not 100% done. I joked with my friends don’t touch anything that’s painted because it’s still probably wet. The paint was dry, but the epoxy used to seal joints at our feet was still tacky.

The new drink rail along the left field side probably isn’t finished yet. Right now it’s bare, shiny metal. I imagine that some advertisements are going to be placed on it.

The visitors bullpen has been rotated 90° from its previous location. No daylight will hit the home plates in the pen, but the mounds will have sky above them. Personally, I like monitoring the visitors bullpen to see what activity was going on, but that’s not an option anymore.

We are in a brand new seating location. I’m going to miss sitting around people I’ve sat around for a very long time. IMG_2017.jpegIMG_2018.jpegIMG_2019.jpeg

@VolGirl81 I thought I’d reply to you over here in this thread where it be easier to find than under the game thread.

The improvements are nice, but things are still not 100% done. I joked with my friends don’t touch anything that’s painted because it’s still probably wet. The paint was dry, but the epoxy used to seal joints at our feet was still tacky.

The new drink rail along the left field side probably isn’t finished yet. Right now it’s bare, shiny metal. I imagine that some advertisements are going to be placed on it.

The visitors bullpen has been rotated 90° from its previous location. No daylight will hit the home plates in the pen, but the mounds will have sky above them. Personally, I like monitoring the visitors bullpen to see what activity was going on, but that’s not an option anymore.

We are in a brand new seating location. I’m going to miss sitting around people I’ve sat around for a very long time. View attachment 621500View attachment 621501View attachment 621502

Thanks for the pics!!!

We are in a brand new seating location. I’m going to miss sitting around people I’ve sat around for a very long time. View attachment 621500View attachment 621501View attachment 621502

Same situation. I missed seeing the folks I'd gotten to know. I did run in to a couple of them though.

Did you move to the 4Topps?

Same situation. I missed seeing the folks I'd gotten to know. I did run in to a couple of them though.

Did you move to the 4Topps?
Personally, we like to be closer to the action, so we’re now in the first row behind the visitors’ dugout.

I ran into baseball friends too and spoke with the ushers I’ve gotten to know over the years.

VN Store

Back