linemen leaving? (Blair and Raulerson)

They knew they would have to bust their ass off to earn playing time like a school at Tennessee. Whatever the reasoning was for quitting, that's their business and I do wish them luck. But if they knew playing time wasn't going to be easy to obtain when they first enrolled, why come here in the first place? They could have easily went somewhere else that they had a better chance at getting playing time. That's the way I see it and I'm sorry if you have a problem with it.

I'm sure you're one of the first to post "Welcome to the hill!" when recruits sign, and now it's "good riddance" from you when they don't see a path to playing time and want to,cut their losses. You really need to grow up.

Reactions: 22 people
I did say some of them.

Yeah, I just can't figure your angle. You seem to look for the worst in the coaching staff in all aspects of recruiting, but then you'll say something that makes me think you are Vols fan. :dunno: I personally think that if we were "processing," we would wait till after the season. But these guys know what their chances are of seeing the field.

They knew they would have to bust their ass off to earn playing time like a school at Tennessee. Whatever the reasoning was for quitting, that's their business and I do wish them luck. But if they knew playing time wasn't going to be easy to obtain when they first enrolled, why come here in the first place? They could have easily went somewhere else that they had a better chance at getting playing time. That's the way I see it and I'm sorry if you have a problem with it.
Yeah I do have a problem with it. Just wish them good luck, no need for the good riddance stuff.

Reactions: 13 people
I'm sure you're one of the first to post "Welcome to the hill!" when recruits sign, and now it's "good riddance" from you when they don't see a path to playing time and want to,cut their losses. You really need to grow up.

If my opinion on a message board gets under your skin that bad, then there's an ignore button to click on. You got your opinion and I got mine.

Does this open up any scholarship spots for the 2017 recruiting class?

This puts us at 77 scholarship guys with 11 seniors. If Alexis makes it back, Townsend and Creamer transfer, and Young isn't able to play, we'll have 18 for sure spots. We'll have multiple guys declare early next year though. We're looking at a full class, maybe a couple more.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I just can't figure your angle. You seem to look for the worst in the coaching staff in all aspects of recruiting, but then you'll say something that makes me think you are Vols fan. :dunno: I personally think that if we were "processing," we would wait till after the season. But these guys know what their chances are of seeing the field.

I'm a Vols fan. I just don't always agree with all the tactics. I've never felt I needed to just blindly buy into everything 100%. The staff are strong willed I'd bet. They can handle my opinion even if it's not all gumdrops,

I'm a Vols fan. I just don't always agree with all the tactics. I've never felt I needed to just blindly buy into everything 100%. The staff are strong willed I'd bet. They can handle my opinion even if it's not all gumdrops,

But you assume the worst. That's what bugs me. You don't know that these guys were processed. And I don't get why they would be when we're already 6 under the limit before they leave. Why can't you give the coaches the benefit of doubt in these cases. They are obviously doing something right overall by the players that choose to stay and the siblings that follow suit. Even players like RDA that came here for another chance to play for Jones. Glad you're a Vols fan. :hi:

Funny that we just had a thread about no attrition. I've always been in the attrition is good camp, but good luck to these guys. Raulerson leaving makes some sense if he felt playing time wasn't coming, but Blair leaving makes zero sense. He's going to need a degree, and a UT diploma will likely be far more valuable than anywhere he could transfer to and play this year.

But you assume the worst. That's what bugs me. You don't know that these guys were processed. And I don't get why they would be when we're already 6 under the limit before they leave. Why can't you give the coaches the benefit of doubt in these cases. They are obviously doing something right overall by the players that choose to stay and the siblings that follow suit. Even players like RDA that came here for another chance to play for Jones. Glad you're a Vols fan. :hi:

I chime in with the good. It just doesn't bother me to also chat about the bad. I definitely wouldn't fit in with the whole sunshine pumper crowd. But I'm also not a member of the negavols. As a fan I think you'll get the good and the bad. Its part it and I talk about all of it.

Sorry to see these two guys go & I wish them the best of luck.

I've never seen them play a down....I could be wrong though.

You're nuts if you think Blair was "processed." His scholarship opens next year no matter what, so there is absolutely no reason for the coaches to force him to leave the program. He wants to be a starter, which won't happen at UT. It's that simple, no conspiracy necessary.

Was it just me, or did Raulerson look way undersized to be playing SEC football? Blair OTOH ...

You're nuts if you think Blair was "processed." His scholarship opens next year no matter what, so there is absolutely no reason for the coaches to force him to leave the program. He wants to be a starter, which won't happen at UT. It's that simple, no conspiracy necessary.

Yes, I did say some of them. LOL

I chime in with the good. It just doesn't bother me to also chat about the bad. I definitely wouldn't fit in with the whole sunshine pumper crowd. But I'm also not a member of the negavols. As a fan I think you'll get the good and the bad. Its part it and I talk about all of it.

Don't lie. You're a card carrying member of the negavols, Leb.

Reactions: 6 people
If my opinion on a message board gets under your skin that bad, then there's an ignore button to click on. You got your opinion and I got mine.

He's just prompting you took grow up. You're original post was immature and classless. Show basic respect for our players if you're a fan. That's all.

Reactions: 5 people
This kind of attrition is not a - for the team. Actually it's a + purge. I'm sure these 2 are down @ it, and I wish them well. But this is the risk a prospect takes when he signs to play at the highest level.

Although, I would like to have had Blair for depth purposes just in case.

It is being reported that Vol OLinemen Dontavius Blair and Ray Raulerson are leaving the team.
Probably just as well that they go. Neither was edging toward a starting position; and we can always use the two freed up scollys.
Good Luck to Both!

Blair is a senior so his leaving does not free up a scholarship

VN Store

Back