linemen leaving? (Blair and Raulerson)

This puts us at 77 scholarship guys with 11 seniors. If Alexis makes it back, Townsend and Creamer transfer, and Young isn't able to play, we'll have 18 for sure spots. We'll have multiple guys declare early next year though. We're looking at a full class, maybe a couple more.

curious on your numbers. This is the roster I am aware of

Total Scholarships (79)
2016 Seniors (12)
Blanc, Cody
Bynum, Kenneth
Croom, Jason
Dobbs, Joshua
Foreman, Malik
Lewis, LaTroy
O'Brien, Danny
Reeves-Maybin, Jalen
Stocstill, Joe
Sutton, Cameron
Vereen, Corey
Wiesman, Dylan
2016 Juniors (24)
Barnett, Derek
Berry, Elliot
Berry, Evan
Daniel, Trevor
George, Jeff
Henderson, Desmond
Hurd, Jalen
Johnson, Alexis
Johnson, Jakob
Kamara, Alvin
Kelly Jr , Todd
Kendrick, Brett
Malone, Josh
Martin, Justin
McDowell, Cortez
Medley, Aaron
Mixon, Dimarya
Moseley, Emmanuel
Robertson, Jashon
Sanders, Austin
Smith, Josh
Thomas, Coleman
Vickers, Kendal
Wolf, Ethan
2016 Sophomore (20)
Abernathy, Micah
Bates, Dillon
Bryant, Gavin
Dormady, Quinten
Gaulden, Rashaan
Griffin, Stephen
Hall, Chance
Jennings, Jauan
Jones, Jack
Kelly, John
Kirkland, Darrin
Kongbo, Jonathan
McKenzie, Kahlil
Miller, Darrell
Mosley, Charles
Phillips, Kyle
Picou, Quay
Smith, Austin
Tuttle, Shy
Williams, Preston
2016 Freshman (23)
Bituli, Daniel
Blakely, Ja'Quain
Boulware, Venzell
Brooks, Devante
Buchanan, Baylen
Butcher, Andrew
Byrd, Tyler
Callaway, Marquez
Fils-aime, Carlin
Guarantano, Jarrett
Johnson, Brandon
Johnson, Ryan
Jones, Sheriron
Lovingood, Riley
Niehaus, Nathan
Osborne, Marquill
Pope, Austin
Richmond, Drew
Sapp, Quart'e
Tatum, Marcus
Taylor, Darrell
Warrior, Nigel
Williams, Latrell

So disappointed in Blair and Creamer. Is he transferring?

Hard for me to be disappointed in Creamer. Didn't they move him from like WR to LB to TE and maybe back to LB? Tough for a kid to settle into a groove when he's always changing positions to try and help where it's needed.

Hope these guys get to play some ball. Good luck to them and thanks for choosing to give it a shot at UT. Nothing but the best hopes for them.

Reactions: 2 people
My 77 doesn't include Alexis Johnson right now. And I didn't include Stocstill because walk-on scholarships are generally awarded on a yearly basis. But he'll definitely have one now that we are well under the 85-limit. The rest looks right.

Hard for me to be disappointed in Creamer. Didn't they move him from like WR to LB to TE and maybe back to LB? Tough for a kid to settle into a groove when he's always changing positions to try and help where it's needed.

Just a case of trying to find a place for a kid that wasn't SEC level talent to see if he could help out. Just not that good. Maybe he will be successful at Eastern

My 77 doesn't include Alexis Johnson right now. And I didn't include Stocstill because walk-on scholarships are generally awarded on a yearly basis. But he'll definitely have one now that we are well under the 85-limit. The rest looks right.

gotcha. thanks. Just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something

Johnson is in school and still on scholarship. Be back come August on team..

Ah, not really a damaging loss for us. Both were suppose to be the real deal and SEC Football exposed them.

Not to mention that this hurts our depth at O-Line. That's what I'm upset about considering we're still thin at that position. Better hope no one gets injured this year is all I got to say. We never have good luck on our side it seems like.

Reactions: 1 person
Blair, IMO, didn't have the mean nasty streak in him.. As cheap a shot as the UGAs OLinemans hit on Tuttle was last year, that's the kind of aggressive mean nasty you have to possess at the upper level.. Good luck to him, he is a nice guy.

Not to mention that this hurts our depth at O-Line. That's what I'm upset about considering we're still thin at that position. Better hope no one gets injured this year is all I got to say. We never have good luck on our side it seems like.

they have 14 offensive lineman on the roster. and very likely, freshman would have been used before either of these kids

Reactions: 3 people

Neither one was going to play a significant minute.

they have 14 offensive lineman on the roster. and very likely, freshman would have been used before either of these kids

I've got 13 on OL. :) 2 deep without freshmen, and not much rotation for OL anyways.

What's the latest on Alexis?

I've got 13 on OL. :) 2 deep without freshmen, and not much rotation for OL anyways.

What's the latest on Alexis?

In school taking classes. keeping nose clean and after probationary period likely re-instated. Would not be surprised if he redshirted this year

here are my 14

Offensive line-14
Boulware
Hall
Johnson, R
Jones
Kendrick
Lovingood
Mosley
Neihaus
Richmond
Robertson
Sanders
Tatum
Thomas
Weisman

In school taking classes. keeping nose clean and after probationary period likely re-instated. Would not be surprised if he redshirted this year

Okay. I thought the probationary period was over October. You said back August, so I thought something changed. If he's not back before the season, then I see him red-shirting as well.

here are my 14

Offensive line-14
Boulware
Hall
Johnson, R
Jones
Kendrick
Lovingood
Mosley
Neihaus
Richmond
Robertson
Sanders
Tatum
Thomas
Weisman

I have Lovinggood on ST, not listed with the OL. :good!:

Blair, IMO, didn't have the mean nasty streak in him.. As cheap a shot as the UGAs OLinemans hit on Tuttle was last year, that's the kind of aggressive mean nasty you have to possess at the upper level.. Good luck to him, he is a nice guy.

By this logic all NFL guys should be slightly dirty because it shows they're mean. And the All Pros would be the meanest guys in the league.

I got beat up once, but it only made me meaner.

Unfortunately your opinion is very demeaning toward the players who are not stars and starters. I agree that you need to grow up.

With all the negative crap that's went on with this program the last several years, it's hard not to get upset when something like this just randomly occurs. How about something positive happens to us for once instead of going through lawsuits, transfers, decommits, ineligible players, and so on? It's frustrating.

Per Hubbs

The news of the departures of Dontavius Blair and Ray Raulerson wasn't a shocking development. Neither made a move in the spring to be any kind of a factor as both were down the depth chart. Blair is finishing up his degree and will transfer as a graduate player with one year left. He could play immediately anywhere. Raulerson played in five games as a redshirt freshman a season ago. It's likely that both transfer down a level as they seek playing time provided that both want to continue to play. Tennessee coaches are trying to help both players find a good fit for them.

Man I was hoping Blair might somehow fulfill just a tiny part of his potential this year. One of the biggest busts we have ever had. Darden level bust. Best wishes to both of them in life though.

With all the negative crap that's went on with this program the last several years, it's hard not to get upset when something like this just randomly occurs. How about something positive happens to us for once instead of going through lawsuits, transfers, decommits, ineligible players, and so on? It's frustrating.

Dude this is not bad for the team. It is natural attrition, and will open up schollys. Lots of good things going on with the program right now man. We are very likely going to have a 10-12 win season. Be happy bro.

I can't believe that Blair has lasted this long to be honest. Why did he wait til his senior year? He never panned out here & could have had a better chance elsewhere.

VN Store

Back