Make History Against Vandy

Vandy doesn't have a very good team, but anything can happen on the road in the SEC especially a place like Memorial. In the past, Bone has played great in front of his hometown crowd.
GBO

Reactions: OneVolNation
Not that we shouldn't prepare for Vandy to throw their best at us, but for comparison's sake the 2008 team that went into Nashville #1 was facing a Vandy team that was ranked #18, was 24-4 and made the NCAAT.
i was @ that game . IIRC Shan Foster was scored close to 40,points .

This version of Vandy doesn’t have a Shan Foster (I hope )

Not that we shouldn't prepare for Vandy to throw their best at us, but for comparison's sake the 2008 team that went into Nashville #1 was facing a Vandy team that was ranked #18, was 24-4 and made the NCAAT.
Living in Albany, I hear about that Vanderbilt team every now and then, since Siena smoked them in the first round of the NCAA Tournement. It was Vanderbilt’s best team under Stallings and ironically the one he coached the worst.

Won at Florida

Yes, and Florida is 2-3 in SEC, 10-7 overall and lost two other games at home this year. They're tied for ninth in the league and only one game above three teams tied for next to last. Not exactly a good team.

Tennessee's five SEC wins are truly against some of the worst in the league. Three wins against teams that are 1-4 and two wins against teams that are 2-3. Tennessee will truly have played ONLY the "cellar" of the league after Vandy on Wednesday night.

Yes, and Florida is 2-3 in SEC, 10-7 overall and lost two other games at home this year. They're tied for ninth in the league and only one game above three teams tied for next to last. Not exactly a good team.

Tennessee's five SEC wins are truly against some of the worst in the league. Three wins against teams that are 1-4 and two wins against teams that are 2-3. Tennessee will truly have played ONLY the "cellar" of the league after Vandy on Wednesday night.
Hey Steven, piss off

Reactions: Carl Pickens

And???? We have an average margin of victory in those 5 games of 20+ points. We've done exactly what you should do against that type of competition. What more do you want?

Reactions: golfballs
Tickets are not sold-out but an upper level ticket going for a c-note at Memorial is crazy. Going to be working in Nash so guess I will watch it at Party Fowl instead.

Fact: Florida is 35 in the NET and we won in their house. That’s a quadrant 1 win. So piss off.

That is something that I was not aware of with their NET ranking. Thank you. What I stated was fact too in that Tennessee has played the bottom of the league INCLUDING Florida. Fact: They're tied for ninth in the league. Fact: They're 2-3, which is obviously under .500 1/3 of the way into the SEC schedule. Fact: They already have two other losses, at home, outside of Tennessee.

Here's another likely thing too that you'd probably agree with. If they finish ninth in the SEC, with an under .500 league record(Like they are now.), being in the 30's in the NET will not get them in the tournament. Especially considering that would likely give them about 13-14 losses overall. They don't even have a big quality win in non conference.

That is something that I was not aware of with their NET ranking. Thank you. What I stated was fact too in that Tennessee has played the bottom of the league INCLUDING Florida. Fact: They're tied for ninth in the league. Fact: They're 2-3, which is obviously under .500 1/3 of the way into the SEC schedule. Fact: They already have two other losses, at home, outside of Tennessee.

Here's another likely thing too that you'd probably agree with. If they finish ninth in the SEC, with an under .500 league record(Like they are now.), being in the 30's in the NET will not get them in the tournament. Especially considering that would likely give them about 13-14 losses overall. They don't even have a big quality win in non conference.
What point are you trying to make?

The point was that another poster said Tennessee had ONLY played the bottom of the league, so far. You countered with Florida being an exception, which is simply wrong.

Yes, it was a "nice" win, but that's it, so far. The SEC schedule has been a joke so far in what could be a weaker league than last year.

The point was that another poster said Tennessee had ONLY played the bottom of the league, so far. You countered with Florida being an exception, which is simply wrong.

Yes, it was a "nice" win, but that's it, so far. The SEC schedule has been a joke so far in what could be a weaker league than last year.
If we're shortsighted enough to simply care about SEC standings which are made up of a quarter of the games so far then sure. But if we're trying to get an accurate picture of how impressive our wins have been, Florida absolutely shouldn't be viewed as bottom of the league. Kenpom and NET both have them in that 25-35 range.

I spy six ranked SEC teams in the AP poll. I’m not buying the league being worse.

Reactions: TennTom
I don't see how Vandy signed two 5 star and one 4 star players from last years class....why would players choose to go there instead of here? We were the dominant team in the state even last season...going to make those kids regret choosing Vandy come gametime!

I don't see how Vandy signed two 5 star and one 4 star players from last years class....why would players choose to go there instead of here? We were the dominant team in the state even last season...going to make those kids regret choosing Vandy come gametime!
Did we offer them?

Vandy not having a PG reminds me of Dooley going up to KY when they didn't have a QB (yeah, I know..that was Fooley heh).

Bone should ball out tomorrow night, although the Dores will probably pack in a zone and pray we go cold from the outside.
Transition baskets will hopefully put them in an early deep hole.

VN Store

Back