Mark Bradley: Austin Pope more athletic than Jason Witten

That photo right there used to be my avatar on just about every forum that I'm a member of. I just changed from that mostly Vols avatars recently because of UT football not too far away.

BTW, for the ones on here that don't like me/others bashing PFF(Pro Football Focus) do you know they have Witten ranked as the 24th best TE in NFL football? That's a disgrace & one of the many more reasons they are not reliable at all.

He's in the twilight of his career and they're basing it off a down year for him. 24th best projected is not a reach for him right now.

He's in the twilight of his career and they're basing it off a down year for him. 24th best projected is not a reach for him right now.

He compiled decent stats without an even competent QB for most of the year. Put the Pats third team QB out there most of the year and see if it affects Gronk's stats.

Well, I was actually defending your position. I probably won't do that again. Carry on.

Sorry about that. I meant to quote another member's post & not yours. You did defend my position on the Witten situation & I appreciate that buddy.

Thanks & sorry for what I did. Sometimes quoting the wrong post can happen although I try to not allow that to happen if possible.

Are you saying that 24th best TE is about right for him at this point in his career? Seriously? He may be 33 years of age but he's still top 10-15 overall TE in the NFL.

He still blocks like crazy & he caught 77 passes last season without his starting QB. What in the world are people thinking?

Witten is still a stud of a TE in the NFL & still has 3-5 more years to play if he chooses. I can't believe anybody would be on the side that he's the 24th best TE in the league. That's plum crazy!

BTW, for the ones on here that don't like me/others bashing PFF(Pro Football Focus) do you know they have Witten ranked as the 24th best TE in NFL football? That's a disgrace & one of the many more reasons they are not reliable at all.

Witten didn't grade well in run blocking or pass blocking. These are not subjective grades. I think he graded out #2 in 2014.
And BTW, PFF gave him the Best Hands Award for 2015, so they're not exactly picking on our guy.

Dallas Cowboys: Pro Football Focus: Cowboys' Jason Witten has the best hands in league | SportsDay

Last edited:

VN Store

Back