Matt Painter: “You know what you’re getting. It’s tackle football.”

Painter knows exactly how to work the officials. He saw how Jay Bilas whining after last year’s Duke game changed how the FAU game was officiated. He’s setting the narrative a day in advance so the officials will call us for a bunch of hand checks and make sure we can’t touch Edey.

Already priming the refs 24 hours in advance to help him out. Loser coach. Just like Jon Scheyer last year. Losing a bit of respect for him. Didn’t think he was such a whiner.

Yes .... It's a lobbying ploy with the officials. Tennessee was physical last season, but that in no way describes how they have played this season minus Plavsic and Nkamhoua. FAU's coaching staff and players called Tennessee a dirty team before our game last year, and it did help them get some calls. Painter knows this. However, in our game in Hawaii in November, it was obvious who the more physical team was ... it was Purdue, and Barnes didn't whine about it.

Last edited:
Watching him use all their fouls to give with one of their reserves at the end of the first half yesterday was pretty revealing. He's very committed to gamesmanship, so Barnes needs to be ready to beat him at his own game.

Already priming the refs 24 hours in advance to help him out. Loser coach. Just like Jon Scheyer last year. Losing a bit of respect for him. Didn’t think he was such a whiner.

I didn’t think Painter could become more punchable. So weak, I’d be embarrassed if he were my coach.

He can't be much worse than Creighton they cried so much it was like being in a daycare.
Did you see Ashworth get contacted in the arm/chest by JJJ while he was setting a screen? While Ashworth was on the ground he starts choking himself, and then whines to the ref about the red mark on his neck that he himself created. It was unreal.

Actually, Painter doing this, makes me feel better about our chances tomorrow. I don't think he would be lobbying the officials in a press conference, if he was confident his team was going to win.
Winners push the envelope all the way to cheating and sometimes cheat but they will always try to get an advantage any way they can. I know a lot like this they blow it off, by saying in jest if you aint getting every advantage by hook or crook , you ain't trying.

Did you see Ashworth get contacted in the arm/chest by JJJ while he was setting a screen? While Ashworth was on the ground he starts choking himself, and then whines to the ref about the red mark on his neck that he himself created. It was unreal.
I think he was merely prophesying his teams collapse before that 18-0 run

Or maybe they’ll call like they did in Maui. Just let em play and team with most points at the buzzer wins

Let’s hope they don’t call it like they did in Maui. Purdue shot 48 free throws and there was a foul ever 30 seconds basically. We have a zero percent chance of winning if that happens again.

VN Store

Back