Maybe it's too early to pass judgement, but.....

You will experience many Vol Spring And Fall football practices where you hear about all of these GREAT changes that our staff has made.
And there will be all kinds of stories written on how such and such player and whosits this or that has really improved or come back strong from injury and how we are KILLING IT in the weight room.
How we have incredible depth in so many places despite always having the youngest roster ever and toughest schedule ever.
Our Qbs are extremely mobile and can throw it 90 yards, or so we are told. All of them are killing it in practice.
Same with our secondary. Tons better.
Now knows how to turn their heads.
Won't get beat anymore on the long ball.

Then , the season starts and:
We have two concerning lackluster wins before Florida.
Players with PREVIOUS injuries surface. Are now out.
Several other very important starters get hurt tying their shoes while crossing the street and are out for season.

But, still, there's hope vs Florida.
The Gators look to be very vulnerable and subpar in their first two games.
Several rapists, serial killers, etc. on suspension.
Then, we find a million ways to lose to Gators.
Terrible execution. Worse coaching moves. Sadness. :cray:

Then, word seeps out of campus that there is dissension and has been all during camp on Team whatever hell #.
Players hate Butch.
Former players hate Butch
Big donors hate Butch.
Your Momma and them now hate Butch. Bless his heart.
How, there was a lot of talk that this or that such and such assistant coach here or player group there have a dysfunctional room, can't coach me up and players are really underperforming, not that athletic, slow of foot and mind, smoked too much dope, hit their teammates at the dorm or roommates off campus, screwed the wrong girls possibly without permission.

How our qbs are statues with cement shoes.
Our oline again just not living up.
Our DBs still lost in translation.
SEC Network say Vols not a physical team - AGAIN.
Not a well coached team - AGAIN.
Booger flicks a booger while discussing our East chances.

Our fan base goes apoplectic over another Gator loss:
How Butch is MAC level only.
Not a smart individual.
Has lost the team.
Needs to go.
How much is his buyout?
Visions of Gruden, Kelly, Mullen, etc. Blah blah blah.

Sigh.
Being a VFL ain't easy.
Why can't I quit you my demon mistress- UT football.
You are slowly killing me. :thud:

That's the spirit.

You guys just love misery. I bet we win by 50 today and I still come back to a million I hate Butch and every other UT coach threads.

Reactions: 1 person
I pretty much agreed with everything you said

Thanks.

I don't like being so negative but the Canales and Scott hires in particular has been a sticking point with me.

Any time Jones has had a chance to really take the offense to the next level he brings in a buddy that couldn't possibly take any of the limelight off him.

Thanks.

I don't like being so negative but the Canales and Scott hires in particular has been a sticking point with me.

Any time Jones has had a chance to really take the offense to the next level he brings in a buddy that couldn't possibly take any of the limelight off him.

The Scott hire I really don't have a problem with. We definitely could have hired a better QB coach though

The Scott hire I really don't have a problem with. We definitely could have hired a better QB coach though

Scott has a solid resume and I like him, just wished Jones could have stepped out of his comfort zone for a change and brought in someone more seasoned at calling plays.

I know it's his offense at the end of the day but Jones had to understand this was a critical year for him. Some fresh perspective and ideas couldn't hurt.

Canales needs to go back to Snow college. There are reasons he has 1-2 year stints at places before bouncing around.....typically, that's not a good sign.

That's just the kind of factual analysis that has no place in this discussion. Feelings could be hurt.

These are 4* recruits. This is Dormady's third year in program and he has at times played like crap. I have to assume that Guarantano is no better since he is not playing.

Dobbs played like crap too at time, his legs got him out of trouble when he couldn't throw the ball.

If you're disappointed in Dormady, think about this

1.) had to change goal-line play because backup QB had never been asked to practice it
2.) couldn't play dime package defense on UF's final play because we didn't have the personnel capable of playing dime package
3.) played Russian roulette with our FG kickers (Because we rate them during the week from left hash, left middle, center, right middle, & right hash)
4.) calling a naked bootleg on 3rd & 6 when your QB has already tweaked his knee.
5.) calling a pass play on 3rd & 11 from your own 7 yard line (this was the pick 6)

This was Dormady's 3rd start and 1st SEC start and in the swamp. This was CBJ's 55th start with UT.

Reactions: 2 people
What concerns me is Dormady doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes.

Yeah... because it is his fault when receivers playing against UF's pressure in the Swamp have break downs, right?

He's made mistakes. But it is extraordinarily irrational to say what you just said following his 3rd start, with this receiver group playing in the Swamp.

Want to see what "bad" looks like? It is available on youtube. Go back and watch Peterman's first attempt to start vs UF in the Swamp. It didn't work out for him at UT due to Dobbs being better at the time... but he had plenty of talent and was able to get past his problems... as proven by him currently being Buffalo's #2 QB.

Reactions: 2 people
QD has done decent as a first year starter with limited experience. There were several games last year that he should have gotten to play in but we played the game to close to the vest and barley won instead of giving our subs needed game time experience to help in their development.

One stat that often gets missed. QD had more passing yards in his first start than any quarterback in UT history. As he gains experience and confidence I think he will do great. After all our offense is so complex that so far only a Rocket Scientist has been able to figure it out.

Dormady's 259 passing yards is the most UF has given up in the Swamp since Chad Kelly put up 259 on 10/3/15.... and Kelly didn't have inexperienced Fr and Soph WR's.

Some of you guys try WAY too hard to blame Dormady. We can discuss A LOT of mistakes on his part... but UT has BIGGER issues on O. OL starting line up and the development of the WR's in particular.

He doesn't look like he is developing at all. I don't know if its a talent or coaching issue.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

How surprising you would say that rather than looking at the whole picture and considering how difficult it is for a QB in the Swamp under ANY circumstance.

You will experience many Vol Spring And Fall football practices where you hear about all of these GREAT changes that our staff has made.
And there will be all kinds of stories written on how such and such player and whosits this or that has really improved or come back strong from injury and how we are KILLING IT in the weight room.
How we have incredible depth in so many places despite always having the youngest roster ever and toughest schedule ever.
Our Qbs are extremely mobile and can throw it 90 yards, or so we are told. All of them are killing it in practice.
Same with our secondary. Tons better.
Now knows how to turn their heads.
Won't get beat anymore on the long ball.

Then , the season starts and:
We have two concerning lackluster wins before Florida.
Players with PREVIOUS injuries surface. Are now out.
Several other very important starters get hurt tying their shoes while crossing the street and are out for season.

But, still, there's hope vs Florida.
The Gators look to be very vulnerable and subpar in their first two games.
Several rapists, serial killers, etc. on suspension.
Then, we find a million ways to lose to Gators.
Terrible execution. Worse coaching moves. Sadness. :cray:

Then, word seeps out of campus that there is dissension and has been all during camp on Team whatever hell #.
Players hate Butch.
Former players hate Butch
Big donors hate Butch.
Your Momma and them now hate Butch. Bless his heart.
How, there was a lot of talk that this or that such and such assistant coach here or player group there have a dysfunctional room, can't coach me up and players are really underperforming, not that athletic, slow of foot and mind, smoked too much dope, hit their teammates at the dorm or roommates off campus, screwed the wrong girls possibly without permission.

How our qbs are statues with cement shoes.
Our oline again just not living up.
Our DBs still lost in translation.
SEC Network say Vols not a physical team - AGAIN.
Not a well coached team - AGAIN.
Booger flicks a booger while discussing our East chances.

Our fan base goes apoplectic over another Gator loss:
How Butch is MAC level only.
Not a smart individual.
Has lost the team.
Needs to go.
How much is his buyout?
Visions of Gruden, Kelly, Mullen, etc. Blah blah blah.

Sigh.
Being a VFL ain't easy.
Why can't I quit you my demon mistress- UT football.
You are slowly killing me. :thud:

Brilliant.

The biggest problem on the O is NOT the QB position. Between QD and JG... that could be the position with the LEAST problems relative to responsibility. The biggest problem without any doubt is the WR's. They'll grow up. Next is the OL and specifically one OG position. He may simply not have the talent to do any better.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

How surprising you would say that rather than looking at the whole picture and considering how difficult it is for a QB in the Swamp under ANY circumstance.

So you are accusing me of what you have done to Dobbs the last three years?
:shakehead:

VN Store

Back