MD WR Dont'e Thornton Jr

Don't really need another strictly outside guy. Got Bru, Keyton, Walk coming back. Chas is healthy. Unless we use Walk in the slot, need a guy that can be moved inside some so Squirrel doesn't have to play every snap
Are you suggesting he can't put on 40lbs of muscle and be an all-world TE?

Reactions: Exiled
Don't really need another strictly outside guy. Got Bru, Keyton, Walk coming back. Chas is healthy. Unless we use Walk in the slot, need a guy that can be moved inside some so Squirrel doesn't have to play every snap
Every wr needs to be capable of playing every wr position because it’s crucial to executing the high speed tempo and creating mismatches from one play to another. If he’s fast and can catch, Im all for adding another bigger body to the mix.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I just don't see WR as a big position of need to target in the portal. Sure they're flashy and exciting, but I think our staff will prioritize other positions (TE, defense, maybe RB) and roll with what they've got at WR. To play WR here, you've got to block well and understand the full system, and I think they like the younger guys they have in the program who haven't necessarily seen the field yet, but have been learning and are ready to step up.

Talent that leaves because they aren't playing/producing as much as expected?

I love your info you bring and from how you're talking I'd say we won't pursue, but the guy has more production than Tillman and Bru did their first few seasons. Close to Hyatt as well.

I love your info you bring and from how you're talking I'd say we won't pursue, but the guy has more production than Tillman and Bru did their first few seasons. Close to Hyatt as well.
To be fair Hyatt/Tillman were stuck with Pruitt and Bru was stuck behind MPJ, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Drake London, etc. Oregon wanted to keep Thornton and he'll probably make an impact wherever he goes but WR isn't a need necessarily and I imagine we'll only target one if we really like one

It was reported today he is entering the portal

So far that appears to be false. He hasn't said it himself YET and he's not showing in the portal. The fact he was posting for support for their NIL group, which may have the cringiest name yet, tells me he's staying.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
To be fair Hyatt/Tillman were stuck with Pruitt and Bru was stuck behind MPJ, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Drake London, etc. Oregon wanted to keep Thornton and he'll probably make an impact wherever he goes but WR isn't a need necessarily and I imagine we'll only target one if we really like one
Unless we have a bunch of guys enter the portal and can take 8-9 guys I don’t think we take a WR unless it’s someone like Worthy, Lovett, or even Barrion Brown (pipe dream I know). We need an OT, TE, LB, Edge, DL, and 2 corners and potentially a QB before an X or Z receiver if Keyton and Bru are both staying

Reactions: BristolVol
Unless we have a bunch of guys enter the portal and can take 8-9 guys I don’t think we take a WR unless it’s someone like Worthy, Lovett, or even Barrion Brown (pipe dream I know). We need an OT, TE, LB, Edge, DL, and 2 corners and potentially a QB before an X or Z receiver if Keyton and Bru are both staying

The way Hubbs and AO have been talking they fully expect us to have some guys leave.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
The way Hubbs and AO have been talking they fully expect us to have some guys leave.
Hopefully no one of real value. I would almost pencil Callaway and Whitehead in at this point though. Hopefully Holiday stays though. I would be extremely frustrated if I was him or Merrill right now though. Hopefully they get plenty of meaningful snaps next year though

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
So far that appears to be false. He hasn't said it himself YET and he's not showing in the portal. The fact he was posting for support for their NIL group, which may have the cringiest name yet, tells me he's staying.
So as I was saying…he entered the portal 😂

VN Store

Back