Media

I'm sure when Butch talked about the fake media effecting recruiting, recruits were reading our forum and was asking Butch if he is gone, with all the negativity I'm sure they are worried

And you just proved what the OP is posting about.

What did I prove? People don't need media access to Butch in order to see that Butch has lost control of this football program. That was my point.

You can SEE the game and SEE that this team has regressed massively. You can SEE Butch acting like a crazy person on the sidelines.

The media isn't the problem. Butch is the problem.

You don't see them attacking Mcelwain or Muschamp or Sumlin or Bielema this way. They dont knit pick every move they make. Even though they are all on their own hot seats to some degree. Wonder why that is? Why do they just seemingly "pick on" Butch? Hmmm.

I'm sure when Butch talked about the fake media effecting recruiting, recruits were reading our forum and was asking Butch if he is gone, with all the negativity I'm sure they are worried

Dude. Do you watch tv or have any access to social media what so ever?

National media outlets are calling for his firing. It's not just posters on message boards.

Like what? Only one I can remember from this off season was there were rumors a player failed a drug test and then week 1 we have a player suspended.

I agree media as a whole has become less trustworthy and tries to take the moral high ground all the time, but Butch is also the prick that flat out told us fans and the media that after two weeks of his d-line lining up a yard off the ball, that everyone was blowing it out of proportion and they didn't know what they were talking about.

I think it's pretty clear now that the line was playing off the ball so we wouldn't have 4 season ending injuries because of cut blocks. What did we do against Florida? Lined up on the ball. It's called protecting your players and also a little gamesmanship because I bet Florida thought we would come out and do the same thing as the first 2 games. Besides actually airing the games the media can burn for all I care. They're all snakes and only care about getting a story or starting drama. I'm sure there are still some good media members left but they are far and few between.

I think it's pretty clear now that the line was playing off the ball so we wouldn't have 4 season ending injuries because of cut blocks. What did we do against Florida? Lined up on the ball. It's called protecting your players and also a little gamesmanship because I bet Florida thought we would come out and do the same thing as the first 2 games. Besides actually airing the games the media can burn for all I care. They're all snakes and only care about getting a story or starting drama. I'm sure there are still some good media members left but they are far and few between.

Do the other 11 or 12 teams that play GT suffer a huge amount of season ending injuries when they play them? If not, why was UT so worried?

Do the other 11 or 12 teams that play GT suffer a huge amount of season ending injuries when they play them? If not, why was UT so worried?

I wouldn't know because I don't watch GT football unless the Vols are playing them. I hate watching that type of football but it's pretty well documented that they cut block at an extremely high rate. They even got called for a couple of chop blocks against us and should've been more. It's a dirty and unsafe way to play football. Cut blocking should not be allowed period.

The media is the least of his worries and not the reason his team looks, undeveloped, undisciplined and poorly prepared.

It's not a surprise that he had his rant at this point given his teams performance.

Pertaining to Butch's little rant on the media, I have a question posed to you all: If you were head coach would you try to shut down the media almost completely around the program to protect the program/players from negativity or would you just let them report whatever they feel like reporting? Me personally, I hate almost all media in today's era because so much drama gets stirred up over non issues that it's becoming mind numbing and everyone seems so sensitive about every little thing. I wouldn't mind Butch telling all of them to shove it and my go to answer would become "No Comment." Was wondering what everyone else's thoughts were as well.

very short 1 line sentences and/or no comment answers. bore them to the point that they no longer want to have press conferences

If the media really wanted to burn Butch down, they would scrounge up all the videos of his sideline antics from last Saturday.

Borderline hysterical at times.

This isn't Kent state. This is Tennessee. Butch is in over his head. Cracks are showing. The media see its. Hell, everyone with two eyeballs sees it. They are going to talk about it.

Indeed, because the media needs to drum up news, after all it is their business:furious3:

His biggest problem is that he doesn't know when the cat is out of the bag and the only thing you can do is tell the truth...because it's out there. Just say, "there was an altercation, that happens in football. We'll handle it within the program."

End of story.

The media are not fans or even friends to an extent.

Expecting them to be is silly and futile.

Also when questioned about it that's not what Butch said. He said we lined up on the ball. Again talking to the press like they were idiots and how could they not see his team was lined up on the ball.

Same story with JG and lining up under center. Butch came out and said he's never done that when we know for a fact he took a snap under center the week before, IN GAME! Every week Butch gets caught in stupid lies and that's just what we all know.

Also when questioned about it that's not what Butch said. He said we lined up on the ball. Again talking to the press like they were idiots and how could they not see his team was lined up on the ball.

Same story with JG and lining up under center. Butch came out and said he's never done that when we know for a fact he took a snap under center the week before, IN GAME! Every week Butch gets caught in stupid lies and that's just what we all know.

I was really hoping Butch was talking about warm-up snaps.

He did not say JG has never lined up under center. It does no good to exaggerate or misrepresent what was said. Jones does enough on his own without adding to it.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been saying Butch Jones should have been fired in 2015.

After the games against Oklahoma and Florida everyone should have known it was only a matter of time.

The sad thing is, we have so much talent that is being wasted. Jim Harbaugh would have had this team in the college football playoff the last 2 years. And he probably would have won both titles.

You've also been saying they'll go 10-2..... you don't know wtf you've been saying...... but your butt is getting jealous of your mouth

The media is the least of his worries and not the reason his team looks, undeveloped, undisciplined and poorly prepared.

It's not a surprise that he had his rant at this point given his teams performance.

Yep he did himself no favors with the media by calling them out for asking the questions they are paid to ask.

If things do go further south they will surely pull no punches now.

VN Store

Back