Memphis coach Penny Hardaway!

Lane Train 4

Memphis coach Penny Hardaway assisted Wiseman and his family's move to Memphis in 2018, attorney Leslie Ballin said in a news conference and the NCAA has deemed Hardaway a booster. The NCAA has ruled Memphis F/C James Wiseman the possible No. 1 overall pick in 2020 NBA Draft ineligible.

Last edited:
Reactions: hooperj75
Memphis coach Penny Hardaway assisted Wiseman and his family's move to Memphis in 2008, attorney Leslie Ballin said in a news conference and the NCAA has deemed Hardaway a booster. The NCAA has ruled Memphis F/C James Wiseman the possible No. 1 overall pick in 2020 NBA Draft ineligible.
Penny will have Memphis on NCAA Probation sooner rather than later

Well, I sort of nailed it. This isn't exactly nefarious but it is a non-basketball explanation as to how Penny pulled this literally unbelievable basketball class. As much as I like to say I was right, I hate it for this kid and for college hoops.

I hate to be the guy that just throws the paid players accusation out there, but how exactly is he grabbing all these kids? It's Memphis, so the school isn't selling them. It's Penny, who was totally washed before these kids were born, so it's not his legend that's selling them. He hasn't really proven he can coach yet. WTF is going on? Are we to believe he's the Nick Saban of college hoops sales? In the history of college sports, who has had a recruiting class like this in their second season as a head coach? It makes no sense.

Memphis coach Penny Hardaway assisted Wiseman and his family's move to Memphis in 2008, attorney Leslie Ballin said in a news conference and the NCAA has deemed Hardaway a booster. The NCAA has ruled Memphis F/C James Wiseman the possible No. 1 overall pick in 2020 NBA Draft ineligible.

Your facts are incorrect. Wiseman moved to Memphis in 2017 not 2008. Hardaway donated to the U of M in 2008 so the NCAA considers him a booster of the team he now coaches.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion

He corrected this typo to 2018. That said, umm this is a violation of epic proportions is it not?

Your facts are incorrect. Wiseman moved to Memphis in 2017 not 2008. Hardaway donated to the U of M in 2008 so the NCAA considers him a booster of the team he now coaches.

If this is in fact correct then I don't know how Penny could've avoided this. He played at Memphis. Isn't he allowed to donate before he is on their payroll. I'm not a Penny fan because he has run his mouth but hasn't proven he can coach beyond high school but this should be interesting as it plays out.

If this is in fact correct then I don't know how Penny could've avoided this. He played at Memphis. Isn't he allowed to donate before he is on their payroll. I'm not a Penny fan because he has run his mouth but hasn't proven he can coach beyond high school but this should be interesting as it plays out.

Agree. The move money is, at best view, sketchy but not much different to me than hiring Uncles and dads as coaches. But, I am very curious about the booster ruling and how that factors into former players coaching at their former U going forward (Michigan has 2 in football and basketball).

Someone in the recruiting forum mentioned that Pruitt was going to help Henry To’oto’o’s family to Knoxville, to get his mother a job and everything, I hope it wasn’t true. I just hope that this didn’t happen. I don’t see Pruitt doing that at all. These bagmen for Auburn, how they get away with it is beyond me. What Penny did, and according to people on what Auburn does, is nothing compared to this. Look at Chase for Ohio state now...

complex-lil-penny-hardaway-ah-02

Wonder what the tssaa will do to east. With this info. The high school basketball coach paid for a kid to move to Memphis to play on his team.

VN Store

Back