Men's Basketball Exhibition?

Combing through twitter one person said we won 67-63. That is totally hearsay, but in line with the score at the 11 minute mark.

Good early sign for us if so

Reactions: allvol
Combing through twitter one person said we won 67-63. That is totally hearsay, but in line with the score at the 11 minute mark.

Good early sign for us if so

Wouldn’t make any assumptions based on the score of a scrimmage. We played everyone including walkons….. as did mich st. And. Both coaches experimented a lot.

I keep hoping Key is that guy that backs a guard down into the post and scores or gets doubled opening vescovi for a 3

I keep hoping Key is that guy that backs a guard down into the post and scores or gets doubled opening vescovi for a 3
seems like there was a video that surfaced during Michigan St. scrimmage of him posting up a guard and shooting a fadeaway jumper.

seems like there was a video that surfaced during Michigan St. scrimmage of him posting up a guard and shooting a fadeaway jumper.
There was, and apparently he did that a lot in the open scrimmage to the public and a lot of the viewing sessions media has had. Seems to be a lot of thought that Barnes will use him a lot like Villanova did Collin Gillespie, backing down and posting up guards a few times a game.

There was, and apparently he did that a lot in the open scrimmage to the public and a lot of the viewing sessions media has had. Seems to be a lot of thought that Barnes will use him a lot like Villanova did Collin Gillespie, backing down and posting up guards a few times a game.
He looked really smooth in doing so. Always an added benefit to have guards that can score in the post.

Reactions: walkenvol
That is how I envisioned him being used, but I had concerns on whether he'd be able to do it against high-major competition. If he's able to do that consistently, he was definitely worth a spot.

Rob also said it was a 8 man rotation for majority of the scrimmage and very much a trying to win type game than just a scrimmage.

Rob also said it was a 8 man rotation for majority of the scrimmage and very much a trying to win type game than just a scrimmage.
This is somewhat in stark contrast to what Basilio has said. I normally would fully trust Rob Lewis over Basilio, but Rob has been very detached for a little while, now, it seems.

Basilio said there was a lot of free substitutions, impractical and unlikely lineups. He did seem to believe it was a game played to win, and that Tennessee won by 7.

So, take all that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Volfan1000
This is somewhat in stark contrast to what Basilio has said. I normally would fully trust Rob Lewis over Basilio, but Rob has been very detached for a little while, now, it seems.

Basilio said there was a lot of free substitutions, impractical and unlikely lineups. He did seem to believe it was a game played to win, and that Tennessee won by 7.

So, take all that with a grain of salt.
Yea idk, was just sharing that…I will say if you look at the pictures UT posted they appear to be in chronological order and you don’t see any of Edwards, Jefferson, Awaka or walk ons in those early game pics.

VN Store

Back