Mercedes Russell returning next year!

The Pat era fan will say final four or bust but winning both the SEC and SEC tourney with a elite 8 or better will save Hollys job. You can look at other teams struggling like UT now: Duke,Unc,Rutgers , even ND or Maryland and say we are not out of it yet. Not excusing Hollys coaching performance just know this is what the AD and boasters will look at.

You happy? I thought about you yesterday:) during the MD game.

Very HAPPY! I am from DC and get so much grief about being a Lady Vols fan and for the past several years UMD fans from the area always have stuff to say when I wear Lady Vols stuff, every chance I get to laugh at them and that animal Brenda Frese I do!

Reactions: 2 people
Mercedes
Cheredine
Kasi
Kamara

Now Mercedes don't have to worry about fouling out she can play defense with gusto and keep her hands up at all times. Ready to swat shots with authority!

One thing I'm begging of her. Stay in the post area. Don't roam out on the perimeter unless a set play is designed but I'm not going to hold my breath because you know who is coaching.

Thanks Mercedes and :good!: Luck!

GOLadyVols!:)

Amen to staying close to basket ....but you need to understand that is coaching decision and it cost us dearly this year.Fact is Mercedes incurred a lot off fouls playing near the 3 point line and should never have been out there.

Reactions: 1 person
Enough with negativity. This is good news and a moment to be enjoyed. There are one billion post expressing your sentiment right now. Can you just give it a freakin' rest for just one minute.

It's pathetic that a thread about Cedes returning can't even be enjoyed without turning it into a Holly hate thread. There are plenty of other places for that on this forum. It's sickening.

Reactions: 8 people
It's all about guard play. That's why we weren't very good. We had nobody that was fast and fearless to penetrate. Our guards love to dribble around the arc. It's almost like someone told them you can't cross that line in some games. Itty-bitty showed them how it's done tonight.

WRONG! We had that kind of guard, out for the year to knee injury.... :(

Cooper needs a mid range pull up jumper. That set jump shot is too slow to get off if she tries to drive and pull up. Her offense seemed either all the way to the hole or catch and shoot behind the arc with no in between.

How can what I said be wrong about this year. I didn't make a statement concerning somebody that wasn't available to play. How does Cooper being out change the way our guards played this year. Cooper is the only one we have that would try and break down the defense and she wasn't available. I don't know what your "WRONG" is all about. Maybe you should try to comprehend what is being said.

Amen to staying close to basket ....but you need to understand that is coaching decision and it cost us dearly this year.Fact is Mercedes incurred a lot off fouls playing near the 3 point line and should never have been out there.

I was gonna say I payed very close attention to her straying from the basket and they are coached to do that so I doubt that just because they will have more bigs that you won't see her or any of them out on the 3 point line and then Middleton in the paint with her legs and arms out as far as they could go LOL. I saw this happen all year long... in fact I recall commenting on it in the Carson-Newman game and in a game vs either Alabama or Miss St. This is just what the staff has chosen to do. Then they wonder how they end up giving up so many offensive rebounds to significantly smaller teams. SMH. Some way some how the staff must think it gives them some sort of advantage.

Last edited:
Russell needs to work on lower body strength, foot work and flexibility.

She doesn't move well, granted she has had lower body injury.

Good news!!

This is outstanding news but someone needs to work with Russell on her speed and aggression, especially on defense. She has so many upsides. I think with proper training she can be a real force on both sides of the court. This team has the potential of playing well against top WBB teams and winning.

As long as Holly Warlick remains the head coach this news makes little difference on the program....it will continue to deteriorate.

Reactions: 3 people
It's pathetic that a thread about Cedes returning can't even be enjoyed without turning it into a Holly hate thread. There are plenty of other places for that on this forum. It's sickening.

If you need a doctor ,I will refer you to a good one...

you better look again, at both girls shots. imvho.

I did. Maybe set shot is the wrong word, but Cooper's release is slower. She does that backward hop before she releases her shot. Morgan may not have a ton of elevation, but she has a fairly normal looking pull up jumper when she's on the run.

But.."they've followed the Lady Vols for 40 years." 🙄 I agree, Rickster STFU indeed. Plenty of other threads to spew Thierry hate on.

I'm fed up with their BS. Anyone can claim they have followed the program for 40 years, even a 15 year old. I'm convinced they only want to damage the program. Fans of the LV's....no way on God's green earth. They are trolls who need to be culled out.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm fed up with their BS. Anyone can claim they have followed the program for 40 years, even a 15 year old. I'm convinced they only want to damage the program. Fans of the LV's....no way on God's green earth. They are trolls who need to be culled out.

And I am fed up with you so just what do you propose to shut me up....I am open to all options because I am not going away so to shut me up in my criticism of Holly Warlick will take more than your yelling and cursing at me.

VN Store

Back