Mercedes Russell returning next year!

Holly is a terrible coach.

For allowing the opposition to lure Cedes out from the paint. If you knew anything about basketball you would understand what that creates.

I don't think you watched any of those 26 losses from the past two seasons? But carry on with your love for Holly. I imagine she appreciates you when she cashes that big ole check of hers for a job well done. :crazy:

Why would she appreciate me when she cashes her check????? I'm not the one to sign it!

I'm just an internet poster that doesn't know the true ins and outs of the program , doesn't know what they do in practice, doesn't know if any of the girls actually like Holly or not.....im a little different from the majority of you all who talk like they're an actual assistant coach and know every damn thing that goes on within the program.

And of course I've watched those losses, and all of those losses weren't because of "Mercedes roaming around the perimeter" if you think that then I pose the same question to you, Did YOU watch all the losses????

This post had nothing to do with "love for Holly", but everything to do with your comment about Mercedes being on the perimeter, as if she was out there for NO reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
If I were Cedes I'd work to be the best center period! McCown, Wilson, Cox,McCoy? No Me!! Mercedes! I'd take it personal

Mercedes vis McCown! Will like seeing this matchup. We know what Mercedes is capable off. McCown looks like she can be the real thing going into next year.

Why would she appreciate me when she cashes her check????? I'm not the one to sign it!

I'm just an internet poster that doesn't know the true ins and outs of the program , doesn't know what they do in practice, doesn't know if any of the girls actually like Holly or not.....im a little different from the majority of you all who talk like they're an actual assistant coach and know every damn thing that goes on within the program.

And of course I've watched those losses, and all of those losses weren't because of "Mercedes roaming around the perimeter" if you think that then I pose the same question to you, Did YOU watch all the losses????

This post had nothing to do with "love for Holly", but everything to do with your comment about Mercedes being on the perimeter, as if she was out there for NO reason.

Mercedes spent an inordinate amount of time away from the basket. There are 3 others who can set screens for the one shooting,who are more mobile. She isn't very good at it, anyway. She frequently moves during the screen, and has a hard time peeling off and getting to the basket. Mercedes needs to be within 4 feet of the basket, offense or defensive. It isn't a slam; it is just a fact of her game. She also needs to be instructed to go up for the rebound every single time she is on the court. No standing and watching!

I am glad she is coming back. She has a wealth of experience she can share with the new players, and they may push her to get even better.

Watching the tournament games, it reinforces my opinion that Mercedes is not at all ready to move on. Actually, I am doubtful that DD is, either. Will she get chosen? Yes. But will she get the kind of playing time she is accustomed to, if she goes up? Not unless she becomes much more reliable. She is very athletic, but needs to build her reputation about being always ready to contribute. However, will she improve given the instruction she seems to have gotten here? Perhaps yes or no. In the end it is an equation she has to solve.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you forget? We don't have a top 25 coaching staff. Next year will be the same old thing with holly.

KD is coming back for her sr year too. :)

I figured she would tell Holly the clueless to drop dead and transfer out to get some playing time but her heart is all Orange! :)

Those players love holly we lacked leadership and chemistry with this team diamond is leaving I am almost sure

T.J.
Your last approximately 200 redundant messages have a single theme and a single emotion. And as in the last example you may be again not be as 100% Correct which you demand to be.

Setting screens by bigs is going to be most important if the LVs are as attacking off the dribble-drive and becoming more effective in getting open 3's. Also from the high post a mobile center can pick and roll. So many posters make the coach wrong for forcing the ball into the post. And they desire to have a more fluid motion offense.

And on defense - if the team is playing a non-switching man and their center has range guess what the LV center will be with that player.

I am loving watching Muffett vs Tara! Over 1800 wins between them!

(Not to mention their teams) Both teams talented, focused, well-coached, disciplined.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I am loving watching Muffett vs Tara! Over 1800 wins between them!

(Not to mention their teams) Both teams talented, focused, well-coached, disciplined.

That was a great game and yes I wanted Stanford to win! Vanderveer is legendary when it comes to adjustments and wow was the adjustment great in the second half of the game!

UT will have as much, if not more, talent than any program in the country not named UCONN next year.

Final Four or a new coach. Period. No more excuses.

Reactions: 3 people
Now the Miss St vs Baylor has been a tough battle. How does the smallest woman out there (Morgan William, 5'5") playing like a tornado, doing even better than the 6'5" player! Glad we will have an SEC team in the FF.

It's all about guard play. That's why we weren't very good. We had nobody that was fast and fearless to penetrate. Our guards love to dribble around the arc. It's almost like someone told them you can't cross that line in some games. Itty-bitty showed them how it's done tonight.

It's all about guard play. That's why we weren't very good. We had nobody that was fast and fearless to penetrate. Our guards love to dribble around the arc. It's almost like someone told them you can't cross that line in some games. Itty-bitty showed them how it's done tonight.

When Kalani got the ball, she was near unstoppable. Morgan did a great job of preventing Baylor's​ guards from getting her the ball. Kristy Wallace will be seeing about 10 Morgans in her nightmares tonight.

So.... can pro-Holly and anti-Holly factions agree she deserves to be fired if she can't get to a Final Four next year....?

Somebody gets it.

VN Store

Back