Mike Leach: PAC 12 mascot battle equals Dooley?

Here is the SEC steel cage battle royale:

Contestants: Bulldogs (2), Tigers (3), Gator, Elephant, Wildcat, Col. Reb, Chicken, Davy+Smokey, Hog, Reveille, Whatever Vandy enters in the battle royale

Immediately, the Tigers catch both the Bulldogs and eat them. Reveille is setting up a bonfire. Next the Tigers catch the chicken and the hog and roast them on the bonfire. The Tigers then eat Reveille, Vandy's mascot, and Col Reb. Col Reb then changes to a bear and Davy Crockett shoots and kills him a bear. Now, we are down to the 3 Tigers, Elephant, Gator, Wildcat, and Davy+Smokey.

The 3 Tigers plus the Wildcat all decide to gang up on the elephant; however, their plans go awry when one of the Tigers decides to go to a safe house and the Wildcat decides not to attack since its not basketball season. The 2 remaining Tigers and the elephant have a brutal battle with poisonings, referees not enforcing the rules, etc and all 3 animals eventually kill each other. Paul Finebaum is in tears when he announces the death of the elephant. On the way to the safe house, the Gator sneaks up and eats a Tiger. The Wildcat catches something from Ashley Judd and dies and we are down to the Gator and Davy+Smokey. The Gator thinks he won but Davy hits a kill shot and Smokey and Davy have roasted Gator that night....

Your part of the group that believes JG can’t throw a competent pass.

So tell me how does Mike get to 6? You can’t coach what JG lacks

I would bet the house that one of the following would have happened under Leach: (1) JG would have developed into a competent QB; or (2) there would be a different, competent QB playing.

You can rightly take Leach to task for underwhelming defenses. But, you can’t criticize his ability to routinely take under-recruited QBs and make them good. He!!, Minshew couldn’t even win the starting job at East Carolina.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
Like that would matter. I can see it now....

"We're 1-7 no SEC wins and looks like we're gonna lose to SC, Mizz, Kentucky and Vandy, but Omg I love Mike's press conferences, can't wait to see what he says after next weeks beat down. Love this guy, we're lucky to have him. Thanks Phil"

Y'all are so full of crap. Lol.

I don't know who ya'll is and I don't know who you are referring to with your quotation marks unless you have a frog in your pocket but, it sure is not me.

And, you will never, ever hear me say "Thanks Phil".

Here is the SEC steel cage battle royale:

Contestants: Bulldogs (2), Tigers (3), Gator, Elephant, Wildcat, Col. Reb, Chicken, Davy+Smokey, Hog, Reveille, Whatever Vandy enters in the battle royale

Immediately, the Tigers catch both the Bulldogs and eat them. Reveille is setting up a bonfire. Next the Tigers catch the chicken and the hog and roast them on the bonfire. The Tigers then eat Reveille, Vandy's mascot, and Col Reb. Col Reb then changes to a bear and Davy Crockett shoots and kills him a bear. Now, we are down to the 3 Tigers, Elephant, Gator, Wildcat, and Davy+Smokey.

The 3 Tigers plus the Wildcat all decide to gang up on the elephant; however, their plans go awry when one of the Tigers decides to go to a safe house and the Wildcat decides not to attack since its not basketball season. The 2 remaining Tigers and the elephant have a brutal battle with poisonings, referees not enforcing the rules, etc and all 3 animals eventually kill each other. Paul Finebaum is in tears when he announces the death of the elephant. On the way to the safe house, the Gator sneaks up and eats a Tiger. The Wildcat catches something from Ashley Judd and dies and we are down to the Gator and Davy+Smokey. The Gator thinks he won but Davy hits a kill shot and Smokey and Davy have roasted Gator that night....

Because you put so much time into this, I gave you a like and quoted you. Well done, sir.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I don't know who ya'll is and I don't know who you are referring to with your quotation marks unless you have a frog in your pocket but, it sure is not me.

And, you will never, ever hear me say "Thanks Phil".
" Y'all" are the ones that keep saying stupid crap like "He may have the same record as Pruitt but at least his press conferences would be entertaining". That would last about 2 losses, then it would be just like it is now except instead of Leach it would be Kiffin, or someone else. Always wanting someone else. Always. And never getting them, but constantly wanting them.

Haha, I couldn't care any less about how you Phil about feel. Pretty petty of you to harbor such animosity.

I would bet the house that one of the following would have happened under Leach: (1) JG would have developed into a competent QB; or (2) there would be a different, competent QB playing.

You can rightly take Leach to task for underwhelming defenses. But, you can’t criticize his ability to routinely take under-recruited QBs and make them good. He!!, Minshew couldn’t even win the starting job at East Carolina.

You can’t fix mentally being crushed when things go bad. That’s what happens and that’s why he’s plays safe rather than risk another mistake

" Y'all" are the ones that keep saying stupid crap like "He may have the same record as Pruitt but at least his press conferences would be entertaining". That would last about 2 losses, then it would be just like it is now except instead of Leach it would be Kiffin, or someone else. Always wanting someone else. Always. And never getting them, but constantly wanting them.

Haha, I couldn't care any less about how you Phil about feel. Pretty petty of you to harbor such animosity.

I have never, not once, said any of that other crap you originally stated in your first post of quoting me. So, don't lump me into what others say, have said or might would say.

All I said was a remark relating to at least the press conferences would be interesting. None of that other mess you spewed.

The NFL is continuing to trend more and more towards the AirRaid style with Mahomes, Goff and now Kyler Murray (all AR QBs out of the Mumme/Leach tree) lighting it up, not to mention his QB from last season at Wazzu is off to a strong start and the talk of the NFL right now (Minshew).

Guy can coach. What has Tech done since they let him go? Wazzu had won 5 games in 3 seasons before he came. It took him a season to get things rolling but he won the Apple Cup in his second year I believe.

I believe that our higher-profile recruiting footprint, coupled with the fact that QBs and WRs would want to come play under his system because numbers and stats and the fact that the NFL is looking that way going forward. Give him a good DC and the ability to recruit good players on that side of the ball and I think he'd win here, hands down.

The NFL is continuing to trend more and more towards the AirRaid style with Mahomes, Goff and now Kyler Murray (all AR QBs out of the Mumme/Leach tree) lighting it up, not to mention his QB from last season at Wazzu is off to a strong start and the talk of the NFL right now (Minshew).

Guy can coach. What has Tech done since they let him go? Wazzu had won 5 games in 3 seasons before he came. It took him a season to get things rolling but he won the Apple Cup in his second year I believe.

I believe that our higher-profile recruiting footprint, coupled with the fact that QBs and WRs would want to come play under his system because numbers and stats and the fact that the NFL is looking that way going forward. Give him a good DC and the ability to recruit good players on that side of the ball and I think he'd win here, hands down.

Yes! I agree! 100%!

But, but, but, but, we got us a Saban clone that coaches defense!!

And, he was hired by one of our all-time greatest coaches in our history who was unjustly fired by jealous zealots who had never, ever been involved in college athletics before. This awesome AD was on a rise late in his coaching career at that!

Blue/font

Reactions: DeansRedHalo
If Mike Leach wins the PAC 12 and makes it into the playoffs, then I will concede he could have won here. All you have to do is look at his record at whatever school he has been at to see it takes him at least four (4) years to show any sort of positive results with a program. If you think he could come in here and teach the players that were here 2 years ago his extraordinarily complicated offense, come up with a legit DC and done any better than Pruitt, you are extremely delusional. He is a brilliant offensive mind, but not a miracle worker.

This times a million. Let LEACH lead his team to win the NORTH DIVISION of the PAC 12 AT LEAST ONCE and make it to the PAC 12 Championship Game before everyone annoits him as the savior that could have been for UT football, geez! He is a great offensive mastermind. But, would he hire an ELITE DC and recruit on an ELITE LEVEL??? I have my doubts!!!!

Urban Meyer says hello

The Pac 12 isn't the SEC! Leach can't even make it to the championship game in the PAC 12!!! Urban Meyer went 22-2 his previous 2 years before coaching at UF. Has Leach done anything close to this? Hell No, he hasn't! Leach needs to win a conference title before everyone annoits him as the savior for UT in the TOUGHEST CONFERENCE THERE IS!!!

Here's a question I've always had about Leach. If he is this incredible coach, why hasn't he gotten a chance at a huge program? I get post-2009 he has baggage that might scare programs away, but what about before that?

I like Leach, he seems like an entertaining and genuine guy, but a huge reason of why he's so lauded is because he's had some good seasons at schools that don't expect or demand it. At Texas Tech and Washington St, a pretty good football program (one that wins 7-9 games a year) is seen as something that's nice to have, not as some demand or expectation. Never been under a microscope. He's existed solely in those environments as a head coach.

If he showed up here and the Air Raid struggled initially, or if he scored a mountain of points but his defenses gave up a mountain of points (as has been the case throughout his career), his act would wear thin so quickly it'd make your head spin.

Here's a question I've always had about Leach. If he is this incredible coach, why hasn't he gotten a chance at a huge program? I get post-2009 he has baggage that might scare programs away, but what about before that?

I like Leach, he seems like an entertaining and genuine guy, but a huge reason of why he's so lauded is because he's had some good seasons at schools that don't expect or demand it. At Texas Tech and Washington St, a pretty good football program (one that wins 7-9 games a year) is seen as something that's nice to have, not as some demand or expectation. Never been under a microscope. He's existed solely in those environments as a head coach.

If he showed up here and the Air Raid struggled initially, or if he scored a mountain of points but his defenses gave up a mountain of points (as has been the case throughout his career), his act would wear thin so quickly it'd make your head spin.
Unfortunately for the ones who clamor for him (I wonder how many are displaced Grudenites) His MO is high scoring games that he doesn't always outscore his opponent.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Ridiculous...He was the offensive cord at Kentucky under Hal Mumme and his offenses lead the league for 2 years...He would kill it here....Pruitt hasn't proven anything as a head coach and most likely he will be gone after this season.
People forget that he turned Tim Couch from a nothing option QB into the #1 pick in the draft. Two of his QBs started games in the NFL last week.

People forget that he turned Tim Couch from a nothing option QB into the #1 pick in the draft. Two of his QBs started games in the NFL last week.

And has won how many titles as a head coach? And has coached at how many big time programs? Yeah thats what I thought. Zero to both.

Hey, put down the jug of shine before you start posting. 1. Who the hell was talking to you? 2. I'll bite. You can't say that he hasn't done anything as a head coach when our head coach has won a total of four games vs a non fcs team out of 13. How many times were his teams ranked? He was top five at TTU when the Big 12 really good. He makes losers winners. "He does it in the weak Pack 10". He wins. He doesn't throw games away with his poor coaching and panicked decisions. Maybe he doesn't take them to the top, but our last three hires have had this plane nose down. Consistent winning and is preferred to consistent losing.

VN Store

Back