More drama from Butch Jones era

If this story is true, what an arrogant moron. I already know he can’t coach a football team, but to have that much of a power trip to where you call the KPD “my police officers” this guy was a joke. I wonder what else if anything will come of this...
MyKelle McDaniel calls out Butch Jones on Twitter

Wait...I thought McDaniel was booted for multiple failed drug tests...not from the school but the ones that mattered and sanctioned from the ncaa??

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Obviously I don’t know if it did or didn’t happen, but at least have the capability of putting together a sentence without having someone feel like they need to translate it in the article. It may be %100 true, but you lose a lot of credibility when you put something out there like that and make yourself look not very bright.

Last edited:
If this story is true, what an arrogant moron. I already know he can’t coach a football team, but to have that much of a power trip to where you call the KPD “my police officers” this guy was a joke. I wonder what else if anything will come of this...
MyKelle McDaniel calls out Butch Jones on Twitter

Butch is bad, but this kid is off his rocker.

He was headed for a non-power 5 school when the last staff took a flyer on him because they had a spot late. He was terrible and whined about playing time. Then he got caught up in a couple of off-field incidents and was put on last-chance status. That's not a place you want to be when you suck.

Now that he's gone and at UAB (but has "Roll Tide" in his Twitter bio), he's trying to get attention after seeing former teammates now in the NFL making cracks about Butch's slogans. They're in the NFL, he's at UAB and he wants to play "me too."

I promise you this. If five athletes had been held at gunpoint in a drug raid in a UT dorm, we would have heard about it long before an unhinged Twitter rant a year and a half later.

I read the "Story". The question IS; how the hell did this guy even QUALIFY? Geeze !!

Pretty simple. Whoever took the job got the blessing of Dooley's roster, morale, recruiting, and organizational dumpster fire. An SEC schedule with Bama as a perm cross div rival, and the Oregon Ducks preparing to host you year 1 on the road. All that and the great attraction of working for an org that had Mike Hambone in charge for @ a decade previously, plus a fan base that chews up million $$$ coaches who can't muster 8-4 or better.

In light of those incentives, BJ felt like striking gold.

Butch is bad, but this kid is off his rocker.

He was headed for a non-power 5 school when the last staff took a flyer on him because they had a spot late. He was terrible and whined about playing time. Then he got caught up in a couple of off-field incidents and was put on last-chance status. That's not a place you want to be when you suck.

Now that he's gone and at UAB (but has "Roll Tide" in his Twitter bio), he's trying to get attention after seeing former teammates now in the NFL making cracks about Butch's slogans. They're in the NFL, he's at UAB and he wants to play "me too."

I promise you this. If five athletes had been held at gunpoint in a drug raid in a UT dorm, we would have heard about it long before an unhinged Twitter rant a year and a half later.

I was never a huge fan of Jones but what I like much less is made up garbage about people meant to become part of a lenchmob.

Reactions: bigdan and Vol_0311
Pretty simple. Whoever took the job got the blessing of Dooley's roster, morale, recruiting, and organizational dumpster fire. An SEC schedule with Bama as a perm cross div rival, and the Oregon Ducks preparing to host you year 1 on the road. All that and the great attraction of working for an org that had Mike Hambone in charge for @ a decade previously, plus a fan base that chews up million $$$ coaches who can't muster 8-4 or better.

In light of those incentives, BJ felt like striking gold.

When has this fanbase ever chewed up multi million dollar coaches? Kiffin left for USC. Dooley and Jones didn't deserve the millions they made. If UT was ever willing to spend real money on a coach, then the mediocrity and dysfunction might finally stop.

I'm tired of losing. I wish we had some creativity to our offense again. I wish the defense scared folks again. I wonna shut some teams out, in their house, and watch their fans horror as Tennessee runs another pick back. I wonna smack down Bama and Saban and remind UGA that they ain't special. I used to feel like we were gonna win every game, now I wonder how we'll find new ways to lose. I really hope Coach Pruitt has more sense as a game manager than Butch did.

VN Store

Back