Motorcycle Thread! Post Pics, Have Discussion

Triumph certainly has tricked out the Bonnies since the old 650cc models of the late '50s and '60s.

Speedmaster maybe

That appears to be a completely separate line. All the Bonny variants are in the "Modern Classics" line and use either the 900HT engine or the 1200 built for these specifically.

Basically they are tweeking the chassis, seat and handle bars and styling cues to derive all the variants.

That appears to be a completely separate line. All the Bonny variants are in the "Modern Classics" line and use either the 900HT engine or the 1200 built for these specifically.

Basically they are tweeking the chassis, seat and handle bars and styling cues to derive all the variants.

You are correct.
The Speedmaster and America were bumped from 790cc to the 865 somewhere around 2007 as was the Scrambler.
The new 2017 Scrambler has the 900 engine from the Street Twin and T100.
Both the new 900 and 1200 are both 270 degree crank as the 360 crank was eliminated. Bonnie purists were aghast to here that bit of news.

The 865 engine has been discontinued due to Euro regulations. At this time it's up in the air if the Speedmaster or America will be discontinued and Triumph has been tight lipped but it's looking like there will not be a 2017 version.

I know a lot of Speedmaster and America owners and some would kill for an updated model with the 1200 power-plant.

If the Speedy/America are discontinued that would leave only the Rocket 2300 and Thunderbird 1700 in the cruiser lineup .Nothing in a middle weight cruiser.

I'm currently riding my second Thunderbird.

Looking to get back on 2 wheels myself. Wife didn't like to ride anymore, so I got rid of my Suzuki Cavalcade last year.
I've always had bikes since I was young riding dirt bikes. My first bike was a Sears Pugh 125 that I rode like a dirt bike. That thing sure took a beating but she didn't quit.
I'm leaning toward a midsize cruiser. Honda VTX 1300 or Kawasaki 900 classic maybe. Anyone have experience with either of these models?

Looking to get back on 2 wheels myself. Wife didn't like to ride anymore, so I got rid of my Suzuki Cavalcade last year.
I've always had bikes since I was young riding dirt bikes. My first bike was a Sears Pugh 125 that I rode like a dirt bike. That thing sure took a beating but she didn't quit.
I'm leaning toward a midsize cruiser. Honda VTX 1300 or Kawasaki 900 classic maybe. Anyone have experience with either of these models?

If I was going the Asian route I would probably get a Honda. You cant break em and there's dealers everywhere, if you needed one. Honda is the number 1 seller of motorcycles worldwide.
I believe the VTX has been discontinued but I'm sure there are some nice used 1300 on the market. Honda sold a lot of these.

Thinking Honda? Get the NM4 Vultus (assuming you are a Darth Vadar fan)

honda-nm4-vultus-11_800x0w.jpg

That's a cool looking ride, but not for this old fart. But it is coooool.

That is beautiful. I rode honda cbr...rocket...now i am 40 and that looks cool like a rice rocket, but comfortable like a cruiser. Would loooove to have that. My dream was a honda vfr, they have a v4...like a comfortable rocket with mucho torque...may have a new d4eam bike. Lol

Nevermind...54hp....lol...vfr makes about 95 at the wheel and enough torque to ride on 1 wheel.

That thing above has an automatic tranny with shift paddles if you want to shift yourself. Its a beginner bike i guess.

Last edited:
Guys really, that thing is a big scooter, nothing else.

I'm talking old man, Members jacket, strappy shoes and a red, white and blue half helmet with a big ole eagle on the front. Parked in the front spot at Shoney's
:)

Reactions: 1 person
Guys really, that thing is a big scooter, nothing else.

I'm talking old man, Members jacket, strappy shoes and a red, white and blue half helmet with a big ole eagle on the front. Parked in the front spot at Shoney's
:)

I wasn't being serious when I recommended it - honestly I don't know why anyone would buy one.

Looks fun but not very practical. Definitely like mods on the UJM style bike as opposed to the way most bikes are designed today.

Did a test ride on this beauty today. I'm sold - once I scrounge up the dough. Sounds wonderful. Super smooth.

Attachments

• IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
Got the contract for the Summer project I was hoping for and put down a deposit on the Bonneville. Hope to have her by the end of March.

Any of you "stocky" riders have some recommendations for brands of leather riding jackets that fit the "well proportioned" man? I'd need 6 months in a concentration camp to fit most of those Euro ones.

Any of you "stocky" riders have some recommendations for brands of leather riding jackets that fit the "well proportioned" man? I'd need 6 months in a concentration camp to fit most of those Euro ones.

Did you check the Harley shop? Hog riders don't exactly seem to be the skinny jeans type.

VN Store

Back