Nathan Peterman's Improvement and Our Passing Game Woes

Chaney. He and Pittman interviewed and hung around to see if Butch would hire them. You get Jake, Mahoney and Debord instead.

I don't think Peterman is a great QB, but I never thought he was as bad as most seemed to.

He was judged almost entirely on one half at Florida, starting his first game in the Swamp as a true frosh in his third college game. That's simply an unfair situation to put him in. He melted down, but how many meaningful snaps did he get at UT after that? 20?

It was too small and biased a sample to really tell how good a QB he is. You can't judge a player on ONE HALF, no matter how bad it is.

The funny thing is, I bet a lot of the most negative posters on here were the ones complaining about Worley and screaming for Peterson the most, and also the quickest to turn on him.

Which just goes to show....

Surely you're not saying he wasn't legitimate for us when he was with us?

Remember a lot of b*******. :pinch: This is an absence makes the heart grow fonder kind of thing...see recent threads pining for Bajakian. :)

Thank you. :good!:

Yeah but that ranking has to be skewed a bit from playing BG and WCU. I wouldn't say OU has a world beater defense either. We just look very uncomfortable and out of sync almost every play on Offense.

Peterman was always a good QB. He was tarred and feathered after starting against Florida, playing the second quarter with a broken finger on his throwing hand and throwing wildly.
He was clearly the most accurate passer in drills, but never given a chance to develop.
Happy he is now getting a fair chance.

Reactions: 1 person
Hmmm I wonder what Chaney would do with 2 5* RBs, 2 5* WRs, North, Howard, Pearson, Smith and Wolf? I am willing to bet he would be much better.

be nice to see what Debord could do with Pig and North too since both haven't played much this year

Hmmm I wonder what Chaney would do with 2 5* RBs, 2 5* WRs, North, Howard, Pearson, Smith and Wolf? I am willing to bet he would be much better.

When he was here, all you heard was weird tunnel vision here...abandoned running game there...made the defense's b**** everywhere...they always become great after they leave here. Remember the Randy Sanders for HC thread? :wink2:

Happy for Peterman. He was a victim of a bad decision by Jones when he made his first start at florida--that was dumb and unfortunate, and he didn't get much of a shot after that debacle. He's playing an easier schedule than he would here, though.

We'd have a better offense if Chaney were our OC, I do believe that. We should be throwing to Wolf(e?) more because throwing to our wideouts isn't working very well.

I don't disagree that our passing game is unbelievably terrible, but can't agree on the defense. If this is top 5 defense then the SEC will never win another championship.

Missed tackles, playing 10 yards off receivers, horrible angles... just not much to hang your hat on there.

And we're not well-suited to play Arkansas' offense? I guess Toledo is better suited with their MAC talent?

Looks like he's hopped up on Mtn Dew at times to me. It looks like he's rushing his throws and he cant seem to put any touch on the ball.

He hasn't looked comfortable. He's actually looked more like the freshman version of himself than the one that closed out the season last year. The guy is smart. There's little doubt of that. Improved O line play would help.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back