'25 NC OT David Sanders

Iā€™ve always said Clemson was a result of us completely sh*ting the bed for 15 years. They were UT while we were wandering around. Now that we are back, Clemson must take its rightful place behind us.
You are not wrong. They even won with kids from areas that we had traditionally recruited well. Hell they took several of our best instate players.

Iā€™ve always said Clemson was a result of us completely sh*ting the bed for 15 years. They were UT while we were wandering around. Now that we are back, Clemson must take its rightful place behind us.
Iā€™ve never realized how close Clemson is to us geographically, I live in the tri cities and it is only 2.5 hours away, and 3.5 hours away from Knoxville. Probably why a lot of the good in state kids went there when we were in our crappy years

Iā€™ve never realized how close Clemson is to us geographically, I live in the tri cities and it is only 2.5 hours away, and 3.5 hours away from Knoxville. Probably why a lot of the good in state kids went there when we were in our crappy years
Other than being a cesspool of backwards thought and stank of secession. That area of SC is actually, sigh, quite nice.

Said from the beginning there was never any ā€œgroundā€ to make upā€¦we were all even awhile ago
Yea I got spooked being too close to Clemson sources down here. All the TN side said it wasnā€™t what it appeared via them but I was skeptical. Glad to see we were correctly confident.

Letā€™s close this bad boy out the next 2 months!!!

Are you driving to Clemson and walking to Knoxville? Or are you going through Ashville on your way to Knoxville? There is a shorter route.......

Other than being a cesspool of backwards thought and stank of secession. That area of SC is actually, sigh, quite nice.
I used to drive over to Clemson a lot after graduating high school and party. It was only am 1hr/1.5hr drive from my abode I'm North GA. Many great memories there and on the lake.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Iā€™m to the point now that Sanders choosing anyone other than Tennessee would be very disappointing.
I see your point but with guys of this caliber itā€™s just hard to tell. I think we get him in the end. If we donā€™t, itā€™s not that big of a disappointment. Unfortunately, we donā€™t have a good track record of putting OL in the NFL recently.

Wow thatā€™s great news. Theyā€™ve been so hesitant lately after getting burned a few times. Hopefully we can hold on.
Said the same for Matthews (who I think is a silent). Also said that while he'd take the field for Petty/Gaston/Glover/Utu but that that didn't mean he didn't think the Vols are "leaders" just that he wouldn't put it at over 50%

Last edited:
This and the Spurrier stent at South Carolina really screwed up recruiting Virginia and the Carolinas. Probably didn't help us in Georgia either.

Said the same for Matthews (who I think is a silent). Also said that while he'd take the field for Petty/Gaston/Glover/Utu but that that didn't mean he didn't think the Vols are "leaders" just that he wouldn't put it at over 50%
If heā€™s a silent, than obviously great news to get him but also he said on Boogie stream that him and Sanders are talking about playing together. Pair that with the other positive news and itā€™s looking very good for future bookend tackles.

The more we talk to people, the more we believe Tennessee is in a tremendous spot with David Sanders as we hit the end of April. There is obviously a long way to go as he will have several more official visits over the course of the next two months, but Tennessee could not be in a better spot than they are in right now in our opinion.
-VQ

VN Store

Back