NC STATE spring game on now, 8:30 ET ACC NTWK

While NC St. is better than Virginia, I think it will play out like the Virginia game last year. Tennessee’s defense will smother their offense.
They have the pieces (on paper) to test our new secondary if given a chance. They loaded up on offense in the portal, getting some highly rated guys. TE Joly, QB McCall, RB Waters and WRs Rogers and Grimes. Outside of McCall all of those guys were 4 stars. McCall is a 4 year starter (6th year senior) that's a lot of experience at QB. Waters was the leading back at Duke last season and Duke is not the joke it used to be at football. Joly is a true Junior and was highly recruited in the portal including by UT. Noah Rogers was a top WR recruit stuck behind multiple 1st round draft picks at OSU last year. They have weapons. Will they beat us.. heck no but I think they can put up some points if we are caught slipping.

I think, by the math, its more likely our secondary is gelling better than their offense in game 2.. they are basically upgrading in talent across the board on their offense. But, at the same time, they are replacing 3/4 of their offensive starters likely. But they do have a guy #10 WR Kevin Concepcion that's scary.. as a true freshman he caught 1/3 of all their completed passes for the year, was second in rushing to their QB and had a QBR of 190 lol. Dude has some help now it could get interesting.

This is why most polls have them preseason top 20 so they are not gonnabe a walk in the park by any means.

They have the pieces (on paper) to test our new secondary if given a chance. They loaded up on offense in the portal, getting some highly rated guys. TE Joly, QB McCall, RB Waters and WRs Rogers and Grimes. Outside of McCall all of those guys were 4 stars. McCall is a 4 year starter (6th year senior) that's a lot of experience at QB. Waters was the leading back at Duke last season and Duke is not the joke it used to be at football. Joly is a true Junior and was highly recruited in the portal including by UT. Noah Rogers was a top WR recruit stuck behind multiple 1st round draft picks at OSU last year. They have weapons. Will they beat us.. heck no but I think they can put up some points if we are caught slipping.

I think, by the math, its more likely our secondary is gelling better than their offense in game 2.. they are basically upgrading in talent across the board on their offense. But, at the same time, they are replacing 3/4 of their offensive starters likely. But they do have a guy #10 WR Kevin Concepcion that's scary.. as a true freshman he caught 1/3 of all their completed passes for the year, was second in rushing to their QB and had a QBR of 190 lol. Dude has some help now it could get interesting.

This is why most polls have them preseason top 20 so they are not gonnabe a walk in the park by any means.
For sure. I do think Garner and Ekler will have the DL and Edge ready. Like you said though, the secondary could definitely get tested.

McCall is going to be interesting. He's been very productive at Coastal, but I question how productive he can be in a P5 conference. His arm is kinda weak. And he won't be in the Chadwell system. I think he may still be good, but not the stud he was at Coastal.

McCall is going to be interesting. He's been very productive at Coastal, but I question how productive he can be in a P5 conference. His arm is kinda weak. And he won't be in the Chadwell system. I think he may still be good, but not the stud he was at Coastal.
I think the thing he has is experience and playing for a winning program. McCall started 4 years for coastal and they won 11, 11, 9 and their worst year was last year at 8.. No they are not P5 but they played and beat ranked P5 teams and have dominated the App State Giant Killers which is impressive on its own. Winning and experience are 2 very underrated things. Winning at any level consistently takes something beyond just talent.

Again being clear I do not think they have much of a chance to beat us realistically unless some serious bad things happen to our offense and defense. Their defense is gonna be at best a low-speed bump vs our offense playing its C game. The only interesting matchup is their Passing game vs our secondary. Because they have some serious weapons and are especially scary at Slot and TE and historically our defense tends to have issues covering those type of guys.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
It was their 1s vs 3s… their 1s on offense vs their 3s on defense. Their 1s on defense vs their 3s on offense. Spring games are so pointless.

I think the thing he has is experience and playing for a winning program. McCall started 4 years for coastal and they won 11, 11, 9 and their worst year was last year at 8.. No they are not P5 but they played and beat ranked P5 teams and have dominated the App State Giant Killers which is impressive on its own. Winning and experience are 2 very underrated things. Winning at any level consistently takes something beyond just talent.

Again being clear I do not think they have much of a chance to beat us realistically unless some serious bad things happen to our offense and defense. Their defense is gonna be at best a low-speed bump vs our offense playing its C game. The only interesting matchup is their Passing game vs our secondary. Because they have some serious weapons and are especially scary at Slot and TE and historically our defense tends to have issues covering those type of guys.
Great point about their passing game vs. our secondary. Could be just what we need in an early matchup.

Reactions: pimo1

this is the correct take on McCall

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I dont think theres an SEC team that wants any part of our defensive line other than UGA. This is the best defensive line at UT in 20 years hands down. Both my little brothers went to NCstate and thankfully we are gonna beat that ass just like we did in ATL last time when Amerson got torched for 2TDs that cost him millions of dollars including this BEAUTIFUL over the shoulder from ZeRo that was right in front of me at the Jawjadome...

See yall in Charlotte. Sadly i live here.

I'm not a fan of this being a road game. As another poster mentioned earlier, NC State is loaded up very well on offense in the portal. We scrapped our entire secondary, and for good reason, so we are starting with an untested secondary. That's been our Achilles heel for the last 3 years. We can stop anybody running the football. But even the Minnesota school for the Blind and Infirmed could complete a 3rd And 20 against us.

I'm not a fan of this being a road game. As another poster mentioned earlier, NC State is loaded up very well on offense in the portal. We scrapped our entire secondary, and for good reason, so we are starting with an untested secondary. That's been our Achilles heel for the last 3 years. We can stop anybody running the football. But even the Minnesota school for the Blind and Infirmed could complete a 3rd And 20 against us.
At Tennessee, right?

We’re playing them in Charlotte. I wouldn’t be surprised if we out number them at BOA Stadium.

It’s a neutral site game. And it will be mostly Tennessee fans.

Reactions: WesternNCVol
Shame that Bray was cursed with Dooley ignorable coaching. He had the tools to be a Heisman winner. A real coach would have reigned in that wild and arrogant nature. Got his innate talent refined.

NC ST will not be as easy as some think. Nico is still getting over the jitters and his OL is still finding their rhythm. But the defense will come through.

Reactions: WesternNCVol

VN Store

Back