NC STATE spring game on now, 8:30 ET ACC NTWK

I dont think theres an SEC team that wants any part of our defensive line other than UGA. This is the best defensive line at UT in 20 years hands down. Both my little brothers went to NCstate and thankfully we are gonna beat that ass just like we did in ATL last time when Amerson got torched for 2TDs that cost him millions of dollars including this BEAUTIFUL over the shoulder from ZeRo that was right in front of me at the Jawjadome...

See yall in Charlotte. Sadly i live here.

We won’t have the mastermind of Dooley this time though.

I dont think theres an SEC team that wants any part of our defensive line other than UGA. This is the best defensive line at UT in 20 years hands down. Both my little brothers went to NCstate and thankfully we are gonna beat that ass just like we did in ATL last time when Amerson got torched for 2TDs that cost him millions of dollars including this BEAUTIFUL over the shoulder from ZeRo that was right in front of me at the Jawjadome...

Amerson Island . Hahaha. Dude got turned into Fire Island that night.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Amerson Island . Hahaha. Dude got turned into Fire Island that night.

He was a 1st team All American too...that game cost him millions in his rookie contract for sure.

What a waste of talent in Bray...he had the gifts physically to be at minimum an above average NFL QB for a decade like Eli Manning...more arm talent than Eli for sure. What a waste of an offense that season...we could and did hang 40 points on pretty much everyone we played. That defense was flat out atrocious. Good grief man.

All the cussing, remote throwing, high blood pressure and outright despair of watching that defense piss away what could easily have been a 10 win season....all of that mental anguish tempered me and prepared me for the abomination that was to come known as "JG at Quarterback loses 2/3 of his games as starter for what seemed like a decade straight". The worst starting QB at UT since we adopted the forward pass would have probably killed me...if I had not already been previously conditioned to miserable saturdays by that defense that gave up. They gave up everything...gave up the deep ball...gave up every 3rd down...gave up TDs right and left....gave up 600 yards a game...and frequently they just plain "gave up."

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
He was a 1st team All American too...that game cost him millions in his rookie contract for sure.

What a waste of talent in Bray...he had the gifts physically to be at minimum an above average NFL QB for a decade like Eli Manning...more arm talent than Eli for sure. What a waste of an offense that season...we could and did hang 40 points on pretty much everyone we played. That defense was flat out atrocious. Good grief man.

All the cussing, remote throwing, high blood pressure and outright despair of watching that defense piss away what could easily have been a 10 win season....all of that mental anguish tempered me and prepared me for the abomination that was to come known as "JG at Quarterback loses 2/3 of his games as starter for what seemed like a decade straight". The worst starting QB at UT since we adopted the forward pass would have probably killed me...if I had not already been previously conditioned to miserable saturdays by that defense that gave up. They gave up everything...gave up the deep ball...gave up every 3rd down...gave up TDs right and left....gave up 600 yards a game...and frequently they just plain "gave up."
I’m glad I read this this morning and not last night. I would’ve had nightmares thinking about that picture you just painted in that post. Haha.

It really is a shame what happened w/ Bray. I’ve said on here before and I’ll say it again, he’s the most naturally gifted thrower of the ball of anyone we’ve had here in a very long time. Unfortunately, he had a million $ arm and a 2 cent head. If Kiffin had stayed or if Coach Cut had decided to take the job Bray would’ve been a first round pick IMO. It would’ve been great to see a version of Bray that took himself seriously and also didn’t take for granted the privilege of wearing the Orange and White.

Shame that Bray was cursed with Dooley ignorable coaching. He had the tools to be a Heisman winner. A real coach would have reigned in that wild and arrogant nature. Got his innate talent refined.

NC ST will not be as easy as some think. Nico is still getting over the jitters and his OL is still finding their rhythm. But the defense will come through.
they have a ton of transfers that will not have played together. QB, TE, RB, and very likely WR1, and at least 1 but maybe 2 OL will all be transfers.

It may not be jitters but they will be in first game-working out the kinks mode.

Shame that Bray was cursed with Dooley ignorable coaching. He had the tools to be a Heisman winner. A real coach would have reigned in that wild and arrogant nature. Got his innate talent refined.

NC ST will not be as easy as some think. Nico is still getting over the jitters and his OL is still finding their rhythm. But the defense will come through.
Historically, NC State doesn’t play well at the beginning of the season. They will have some new pieces that are good, but the key to that game will be tempo, tempo, tempo… If we come out and play fast and get a couple of scores, State will be in trouble. They’re not built for that kind of game. If it gets into a slugfest State will make it a 3rd or 4 quarter game.

Edit : State beat UCONN and UVA in 2023 by a combined 13 points. We beat them both w/ Milton leading the show by a combined 46 million points .

I was there for that one.

Still crazy to think a fan died about 10 seats to my right from falling from the 2nd deck.

Historically, NC State doesn’t play well at the beginning of the season. They will have some new pieces that are good, but the key to that game will be tempo, tempo, tempo… If we come out and play fast and get a couple of scores, State will be in trouble. They’re not built for that kind of game. If it gets into a slugfest State will make it a 3rd or 4 quarter game.

Edit : State beat UCONN and UVA in 2023 by a combined 13 points. We beat them both w/ Milton leading the show by a combined 46 million points .
I want to roll with you, RDU. Hope you prove to be right. But Jade Jaws has a point I also agree with.
1713375196293.png

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Nothing about either team is remotely the same, but they were SO hyped before the last matchup. Then we absolutely roasted them in Atlanta, so I can't take them serious until they actually put up a game against us instead of just talking about it.

I think they will show out better than GT in Atlanta, but at the very worst it will be 51/49 Vols. I’m planning on being there

Tickets seem expensive. I wonder if better to wait till September for getting tickets? No way this place will be a sellout.

Nothing about either team is remotely the same, but they were SO hyped before the last matchup. Then we absolutely roasted them in Atlanta, so I can't take them serious until they actually put up a game against us instead of just talking about it.
What’s the same is that they’re NC State. They always squeak by or lose to mediocre teams early in the season and then find their footing by the end of the year so that Doeren finishes 9-3 or 8-4 and beats UNC on Thanksgiving weekend. 3 or 4 losses is respectable, but it’s always a bad couple of losses.

Doeren is one of the coaches I have the least respect for. Too scared to take on a real football program so he meddles around in a low tier conference where he can beat under .500 teams by a score of 17-13. He wins by default of everyone being bad around him, yet wants a parade for continuing to win 8 games. It's a shame AP voters let them sneak into the top 25 by the end of the year after never accomplishing anything. Really pathetic and I expect Heupel to expose that program for what they really are - Frauds who can't seriously compete with top teams.

VN Store

Back