Nike “Smokey Grey” Series Launches on Rocky Top

Are you saying black is beautiful? Why you 1970s throwback, you! :cool:
If players want to wear a different uniform every Saturday go to Oregon. We’re TN. Orange & white every Saturday. Best teams don’t change uniforms. If grey & black can get us 8 5*s & 17 4*s do it.

If players want to wear a different uniform every Saturday go to Oregon. We’re TN. Orange & white every Saturday. Best teams don’t change uniforms. If grey & black can get us 8 5*s & 17 4*s do it.
The best teams don’t? Really? Georgia? Ohio State? Oklahoma? LSU? They’ve all been at the top year in and year out yet all of them have multiple uniform options.

Hate both. Don’t see Bama doing it & they play for a NC each year. Look at Penn St. Uniforms are bland but they put out some tough kids every year. If we’re recruiting guys who want to look good in uniforms give me the Cindy Crawford of the world. White on white & orange on white the best. Grey & black just not TN.
Lol Bama would win NC in pink unicorn uniforms if the players like it I love it… long as they play hard and win I don’t care what they wear… you got that Pruitt attitude and you see that got us no where… this is the Instagram era NIL era looks matter to players for multiple reasons…

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Hate both. Don’t see Bama doing it & they play for a NC each year. Look at Penn St. Uniforms are bland but they put out some tough kids every year. If we’re recruiting guys who want to look good in uniforms give me the Cindy Crawford of the world. White on white & orange on white the best. Grey & black just not TN.
Tennessee was a traditional program also at one time before all the fashionistas took over. I think that some people have an aversion to orange and white.
But you are correct. Great traditional programs do not have to work with gimmicks. You have to admire them.

Tennessee was a traditional program also at one time before all the fashionistas took over. I think that some people have an aversion to orange and white.
But you are correct. Great traditional programs do not have to work with gimmicks. You have to admire them.

This ain’t a gimmick.

It’s something for the players and they happen to love them.

God forbid they do something that you don’t like.

These uniforms unconsciously feel like a Butch Jones thing, which doesn't sit well with me. I know it's only coincidence, and I'll get over it, but nonetheless thought it worth mentioning.

Still like the jerseys. And I like that they're mixing it up in future seasons.
Meh, I like them. Now if we get a “Brick by Brick” pattern we have a problem.

Gray was worn once but I wasn’t old enough and if you or anybody is let’s do a documentary

To what post does this refer unto?

My post was a joking referral to:
Vol865 said:
Black looks better IMO

To which I replied:
WoodsmanVol said:
Are you saying black is beautiful? Why you 1970s throwback, you! :cool:

I'm not sure what you're replying to.

Honestly, the smoky mountain helmet was one of the best parts of the past 20 years. Call me traditional, as I prefer the power T, no matter what background color we use. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing the TriStar

VN Store

Back