Official Jon Gruden Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are officially dragging on the bottom of the barrel. This is far beyond embarrassing.

We are, both officially and unofficially. It’s embarrassing and I don’t anticipate it to get any better. They can perhaps save some face by firing Currie but I’m beginning to doubt even that will happen now.

Sorry guys, I'm just bored today. Thought it would be fun to come up with some conspiracies as well. I don't post much, and being on lockdown in my room sucks, plus I'm almost out of alcohol

Delay them and don't give them a contract. Just interviewing them.

That works until one of them goes public with the fact he wanted to sign, gives out specifics and says UT is dragging. Dangerous game. But with the way this movie is playing I wouldn't doubt it happening.

We are, both officially and unofficially. It’s embarrassing and I don’t anticipate it to get any better. They can perhaps save some face by firing Currie but I’m beginning to doubt even that will happen now.

Next step is JUCO coaches. Is Buddy Stevens still at EMCC? Delta state fields a mean fighting okra team....maybe their coach is available. Low buyouts.

Reactions: 2 people
Problem with that is what if one of them says yes?

LOL. For real.

Maybe you incite the natives to revolt and pillage and plunder? I mean, this is just too much right now. Hey, watch out for that smokescreen, I mean are we in a dense heavy fog, or what...........wait, cabn't see anything through this great heaping pile of crap I am in right now.

GOOD NIGHT FIRE CURRIE! Somebody with BALLS at UT step up and say enough! Fans would make that person a icon, people would donate to make up for his loss at this point. We don't need Haslam to be a great program, don't let them BS us with that CRAP anymore. Tell Haslam HECK NO we are NOT doing it your way. Take your crap and leave if your going to strong arm. Tennessee has the fan support and donors to recover! GBO! CLEAN HOUSE!

I'm not irritated. You really value your influence way too highly.

I don't subscribe to the ideas of influence or pride I'm just here for the lulz at this point. This place has went to **** its the wild west out here man.
tenor.gif

These names being thrown around are horrid. Why is this hard?

Apparently there is some kind of huge stigma against coaches who are fired from a P5 school and it is seen as universally better to go for some up and a comer.

It's the only reason I can think of that Les Miles, Lane Kiffin, or even Mack Brown wouldn't be at the top of our lists over the dog**** names we're hearing.

Auburn almost fired Malzahn. Would he have been persona non grata too?

So maybe this is ALL a complete production. Maybe Gruden really has signed and all of this has just been a staged production to keep Tennessee on the front page. Administration and boosters staged the entire thing to keep the fans in a frenzy and then after MNF ends for the season Currie trots out and announces Gruden as coach.

Ok wait, that would indicate someone was actually thinking. My bad.

Ok, I had resigned myself to the notion that this whole booster civil war was BS.
Now I'm beginning to wonder if:
1. The UTAD and boosters are incompetent at a level that is beyond description.
2. This is being played out right before our eyes and currently both sides are willing to burn it to the ground in order to win this thing.

Why does this seem so orchestrated? I think this could be a big push from boosters, UTAD, academics, Jimmy Sexton and all to get the Haslams outted. I mentioned yesterday or Monday that these folks can’t be this pea brained without it being on purpose. I’ll hang up and listen.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back