Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grude News, the afternoon edition. For those just joining us...

OX0yQ.gif

Little earlier today (or later depending on your perspective) since I'm heading down for yet another basketball game this evening. The old four letter word WORK.

Well, emotions went from "NO! OMG! OMG! OMG!" to "YES! OMG! OMG! OMG!" yesterday and today. Bounced all over the place like a superball getting hit with a jackhammer for a while, but seemed this afternoon to settle into a standard equilibrium of positivity (did that make me sound smart?). This could be in part by Boro taking a drive to Mexico to purchase an entire truckload of Prozac for the collective forum. He was stopped by Customs and Border Patrol coming back through, but instead of getting jacked up, was sent on his way since the Officer was also a UT grad that completely understood what we were going through and said "have a Grude one" on his way out.

Basilio and Ainge continue to carry enough water for Jones to fill Lake Michigan. Just. Can't. See. The. Writing. On. The. Wall. I mean, c'mon guys, even Hubbs is wavering. Pretty soon even Hyams will be on the train. As soon as Finebaum proclaims Jones is gone and Gruden to the Hill, what will you do then?

Anyway, still no significant, life altering news so to speak. But many still think the deal is in the final stages or finished up. Lots of chatter on VN and TOS...ses about the current situation. What is the plural of TOS? TOSSes? TOSi? Anyway, most of which appears that everything is heading in the right direction. Even those adamantly opposed before are starting to waver. More people allegedly close to the "inside" continue to pop up, but many just cannot be vetted to an extent. This is NOT saying what they are claiming as untrue, but "friend of a friend" kind of posts aren't easy to nail down for veracity, so please don't take offense at what I just said if you are one of those bringing info to the table.

Beaver continues to play games and toy with quite a few emotions. Promised a nice gift in a few days. We could use a Daniela drive by or a nice fruit basket. Or a Chris Hemsworth cameo for the ladies of this thread, but who knows with that cat. No other news on that one post from last night. Though apparently could be either Harry Dunne or Lloyd Christmas based on his locations provided so far. "No, it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing."

It was rumored Gruden was in Ashville last week and allegedly traveled to Knoxville from there. Some super sleuthing work going into this one.

Otherwise, no real substantial "BOOM!" news or silly canary eating grins from the normal insider crew. Or additional eye rolling from DeerPark.

So, off topic is the word of the day(s) for the most part. We're waiting, some impatient, some patiently, but just waiting for everything to run its course.

I'd love to give some additional B Roll footage (remember that, trolls?) for this update, but it's hard to nail down that one single topic that caught our goldfish attention span for more than three posts.

But it's still two days and a wake up for Doyle's trash pick up. And his Grudometer going bye-bye forever. What Doyle doesn't realize is that thing is like a poltergeist. It will reappear in his home before it's all said and done.

In other news today, construction of the Grude 1 yacht is complete, however, there are problems with registering it. Corporate lawyers HearForGrumors and ClearWaterVol gave a statement saying "the committee is being obstinate and a whole bunch of other nasty lawyer terms and we're going to fight them." When Volnation News reached out to the registry committee, they gave the following comments.

"We'd love to rubber stamp this one, but when your ship is larger than the country of San Marino, we kind of have a problem with registering it as a hobby craft. We'd dearly love to work with Mister Freak, but the Waffle House extension just puts it over the top. Maybe if you reduced the size of the tailgating area and left off the Olive Garden annex, we could give it an official registry. But at the moment, we have to decline any request or have them apply to the UN to become an island nation."

Freak is considering the latter option.

From the entire Volnation News Team, I'm Grand Vol and fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.

(All information herein is specifically parody unless otherwise indicated by real posters or events)

I know Basilio is not liked by a lot of you but Basilio is most certainly NOT carrying water for Jones. He despises him. Wants him gone as much as the rest of us and only talked him begging his job because he doesn't want him to get any foothold. He has said all along he is gone but now fighting to stay.

Reactions: 3 people
Tweet from MIT:

I love Lagavulin 16! Some people are too scared to try because of the Smokey flavor. Yes, you may get burned the first couple sips but by the third everything will feel just right.

by the third (of December?) everything will feel just right

or by the third (attempt to land Gruden or convince Jim) everything will feel just right

Lagavulin is a small town in Scotland, and is where the whiskey is made.

Isn't Jon Gruden's family of Scottish and Slovenian heritage?

Plus, the Polish word for December is "grudzien," which shares an etymology with "gruden". So the 3rd of December could totally be it.

I sure hope I'm not doing this wrong.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people

Plus, the Polish word for December is "grudzien," which shares an etymology with "gruden". So the 3rd of December could totally be it.

you forgot to divide by pi

Reactions: 4 people
Hawk as a side note..Know anyone that was stationed in Guam. What life is like there..Family about to be headed there

My sister and her 1st husband were stationed there for about 5 years and loved it. I think she would still be there if not for his reassignment back to the states.

Darn fine work there.

a_0.gif

Reactions: 5 people
I agree. Kiffin brother Chris (Former Ole Miss) is on that staff too and Clint Trickett (former FSU coach) and some others too. Kiffin completely turn around FAU very fast after starting slow in just his first year. FAU IS 6-3 now and 5-0 conference and already bowl eligible.

Former Canes HC Butch Davis is turning around FIU down in Miami too and doing a good job in such a little time 6-2 record and also bowl eligible.

having the right coach makes a world of difference especially in college football. that is proven over and over again.

A little off topic but those that live in Florida will appreciate this. Yes, the snowbirds are coming back. Look at this parking job in Sarasota today:

They're back.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

One of the reasons I said I was glad you were here.

You're doing it right.

Didn't we steal butch from Colorado? And wasn't PM supposedly who talked him into choosing UT over CU? Oh the irony.

It has been said that these plans have been in the works for five years. So PM talked Butch into coming here because PM knew it would take Butch to push the fans, boosters, and admin to a place in which we could get Gruden.

That is the way I choose to see it. Just sayin. :rock:

You certainly fit in with the silly season this thread has become

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back