Official Non Gruden Thread

so it really is gruden or bust. or gruden or brohm?

i get it...franklin, fuente, patterson, peterson.

but i just don't see any of those guys leaving, and i don't see any conversation we have with them getting past the "guaging interest" phase.

so many have put so many eggs in the gruden basket, that i think they think if we don't get him, we just go to one of these 4 as the "fall back" plan.

when those 4 guys are actually "plan a" guys to begin with...............

My source inside the AD is that all of this stuff floating around about smokescreen and Seattle radio shows and airplanes told me just wait until he announces it. #soon.

Patterson has it too good at TCU. He's in the Big 12 now and TCU boosters will probably pay what we would. We should focus on Matt Campbell.

Gruden is not the one we want, good x and o but a lot of us would be if we had the time to work on it like him. He hasnt coached in years and never head coach in college. We need a college coach, Patterson,Norvell,Taggert,Petrino. My preference is Petrino, has some baggage but always won.

Reactions: 1 person
all of u are crazy an have no sense about you. why not Mullen, he has limited talent at MS an look at the QB he has helped make in to real QB, In Knoxville he has money, talent an a unlimited base to get talent

Appreciate it. Based on the emails I get regularly, you and my mom are the only ones. Lol.

Freak, I think you're awesome. I'm sure it's not easy putting up with us all sometimes, but you do it. Especially during a coaching vacancy. :)

You run the best college sports site on the entire www. I appreciate what you do. Thank you. :hi:

Hes the exact opposite of Mullen. Hes done less with more and Mullen has done more with less. JMO

Completely disagree. Miles went toe to toe with Saban just about every year and beat him several times. There's not much more he could have done with Saban being in the same division. Only thing he could have improved on was QB play and development. Outside of that what could he have done better? I posted this earlier but Mullen really hasn't accomplished as much as some think. He's got a losing SEC Record, only once has he finished above 500 in the SEC, his OOC record is impressive but when you play one of the worst year in and out OOC schedules you are gonna inflate your record. Most years he has an automatic 4 wins based of the OOC schedule but has lost to S.Ala and a couple others he shouldn't have lost to and had very close calls vs UAB, Troy, UMass among others not to mention being fortunate to have beaten Ark today. His claim to fame at Miss St was Dak Prescott and one year he got to #1 for a very brief time and only year above 500 in the SEC. He's making 4.5 mill now you think he's work the 6+ mill we would have to pay him with that overall track record? Absolutely not

By the same token, for whatever reason, these threads are like troll magnets for people who want to ridicule the opinions of others. On both sides. We’ve tried to deal with it in the other thread and have already had to deal with it from the other side in this one.

We’ve had people blountly admit to trolling threads this week, because hey think it’s funny. That’s the issue from my perspective.

The gtfo stuff is annoying also.

You’ve always presented your opinions fairly and respectfully regardless of the side you’re on. If everyone did the same, it would be a lot more enjoyable and we wouldn’t need to segregate.

But this is the internet, so....

:hi:

all good. and i agree. i've had to seperate the little ones from time to time too........:)

all of u are crazy an have no sense about you. why not Mullen, he has limited talent at MS an look at the QB he has helped make in to real QB, In Knoxville he has money, talent an a unlimited base to get talent

Mullen would be legit , I would get behind that hire. Just would like to see a couple others before him

Why Miles? He couldnt win at LSU. What makes you think he could actually develop a QB and win here?

Miles couldn’t win at LSU? He actually won 77% of his games at LSU, which is better than Spurrier, Richt, and Urban Meyer at their SEC schools. So you’re just plain wrong.

Reactions: 3 people

after attrition id say our talent is comparable; with injuries

which is funny, because i think most of the people talking Mullen, self included, would take 2-4 guys ahead of him.

including gruden.

it's the polyana, kumbaayah nature of the "only positive replies allowed" that's annoying. the stfu, gtfo schtick is just dumb.

only come over here if you're going to blow smoke up my azz, otherwise, gtfo. :eek:lol:

I quickly abandoned those threads. I could literally feel my IQ dropping

Most Tennessee fans probably want Gruden as their next football coach. He would be the sexy hire because of his ties to Tennessee and the fact that he did coach a Super Bowl winner. He has a great job now with ESPN making a lot of money. IMHO if we were going to be able to hire Gruden, it would already have been announced. We don't have to wait for his season to finish to talk with him. We can talk to him anytime we wanted to. Announcing him as your coach now would save this recruiting class. So, for these reasons, we will not hire Gruden. I hope I am wrong, but I think I'm right.
So, who do we hire if we can't get Gruden? Well, as a fan base, we have to accept the fact that there are a few really great football coaches that Tennessee could hire that could point our football program toward a National Championship. Who are they you say? Well, I don't know the answer, without risks, to that question. I am just like most fans, I have my opinions. Currie has a great opportunity and an awesome responsibility in making that call. IMHO these coaches have the greatest potential:
1. Patterson - We missed on him when Kiffin was hired. We need to knock on that door hard! Look at what he has done at TCU!
2. Kelly - Personally I am not sure that his NCAA background would get him an interview here. His run at Oregon was impressive!
3. Miles - You like him or you don't. If he could hire a GREAT QB coach, he could be a great hire. His down fall at LSU was developing QB's.
* After those three, I would go for the coach that shows the most potential. Maybe Frost because of what he is currently developing at Central Florida.
My attitude is this - If you don't think that a coach can lead your program to a National Championship, then don't hire him!!! Mullen would be a safe hire, but would he lead you to the NC? JMHO - Go Vols!!!

Gruden is a splash hire but the years away from the sideline is a concern.

Patterson
Fisher
Kelly
Frost or Norvell with Kevin Steele (auburn dc) Defensive coordinator would be a nice combination.

Reactions: 2 people
The Gruden Thread has gone off the deep end. It’s beyond “light hearted pro-Gruden,” to strictly denial and conspiracy theories.

Everyone is an insider, everything is a smokescreen.

Reactions: 3 people
So many obsessed with JG even though never a college HC. Then how about the most successful head coach of the 21st century....16 losses in 18 years- George Quarles. He has as much NCAA experience as JG.

I really think Dan Mullen is a home run. If we get him and Florida gets Kelly I think we got the better man.

The Gruden Thread has gone off the deep end. It’s beyond “light hearted pro-Gruden,” to strictly denial and conspiracy theories.

Everyone is an insider, everything is a smokescreen.

Those over there have all their eggs in the basket of 4 or 5 alleged insiders that won’t reviel who they are what they do for a living, they just say ya I’m close to a guy that knows the Guy.

But they all buy in ! There isn’t a shred of real tangible evidence of any contact between UT and Gruden. I personally it’s one of the biggest troll jobs by a few guys getting a huge kick out of watching 38 separate threads going off the B S they are feeding.

VN Store

Back