Official South Carolina @ Tennessee Game 1 Thread - 7pm SECN+

Hindsight is 20/20 in my mind regarding pulling Martin. Stallings has been lights out all year and if you've followed UT baseball the last few years you know when Martin loses it he loses it fast.

Obviously you don't do it now, but at the time it wasn't a terrible decision IMO.

I think Dave was expressing his confidence in his young bull pen guys...and got burned by a youngster with a case of nerves or something. In hindsight, pulling Martin was the wrong move...but that's the thing about hindsight...it ain't worth much.

No hindsight from this guy. I let out a "what the hell" the minute Martin walked off the field. It was a stupid decision. Serrano, in his stint here, has had some of the worst managing decisions regarding pitchers I've seen. Up until this year, he would leave guys in too long (like he did with Stallings) without having a guy getting loose. And then suddenly yanks a guy who is cruising. Just stupid. Plain and simple. If Martin gave up another double, ok, I can see it. But that was premature reaction. And then leaving a freshman who's gotten the **** hit out of him, pretty much losing the game with how the hitting has gone, and sends him back in. Sorry, but the feelings and trust go out the window when you come in and don't compete worth a damn.

Reactions: 2 people
No hindsight from this guy. I let out a "what the hell" the minute Martin walked off the field. It was a stupid decision. Serrano, in his stint here, has had some of the worst managing decisions regarding pitchers I've seen. Up until this year, he would leave guys in too long (like he did with Stallings) without having a guy getting loose. And then suddenly yanks a guy who is cruising. Just stupid. Plain and simple. If Martin gave up another double, ok, I can see it. But that was premature reaction. And then leaving a freshman who's gotten the **** hit out of him, pretty much losing the game with how the hitting has gone, and sends him back in. Sorry, but the feelings and trust go out the window when you come in and don't compete worth a damn.

...we understand...and,

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics or it didn't happen.

It will look something like this, just a little grayer

horseshoe.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Ummm just a bit early to write the bull pen off don't you think? It is the first game of many to come. Lot of nerves tonight...they'll settle down. I hope. :)

VN Store

Back