Official Tennessee at Vanderbilt Game 2 Thread - 5 PM - SEC+/ESPN3

I don't remember him throwing a breaking ball today. I think he threw 30 fastballs. It was fun to watch.

He still has some work to do but he is in good shape to do so. Him and Stallings make a hell of a combo as starters imo

So I've been thinking and I would like to hear some opinions on this...... for most basevol fans the expectations was to make it to a regional this year, was that maybe too high, say we hit 12 wins in the final 4 weeks of the season and steal a game in the sec tourney, imo that is a pretty solid improvement, so my question is we're expectations too high coming into the year, we are relying on a lot of young guys and knew we would be going into the year

So I've been thinking and I would like to hear some opinions on this...... for most basevol fans the expectations was to make it to a regional this year, was that maybe too high, say we hit 12 wins in the final 4 weeks of the season and steal a game in the sec tourney, imo that is a pretty solid improvement, so my question is we're expectations too high coming into the year, we are relying on a lot of young guys and knew we would be going into the year

A regional wasn't realistic imo

Last edited:
A regional was realistic imo

This team was ridiculously snakebit. Sometimes **** just doesn't work out, for whatever reason. I'm not making an excuse that a change doesn't need to made, nor am I saying that it definitely does. But I don't remember a year where we've been this close in so many games and ended up on the wrong side. The program itself is getting better in the conference, but I don't know if it is far enough along to keep him. Maybe Currie does.

Reactions: 1 person
Wright has a no hitter through 6.

Hopefully I just jinxed the hell out of that.

Let me just say that I had to step out for the night after I posted this and I saw VU went ahead 3-0.

I am shamelessly going to take some credit for the comeback win tonight. Reading through the game thread from where I stepped out was awesome. Let's win the series tomorrow Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
This team was ridiculously snakebit. Sometimes **** just doesn't work out, for whatever reason. I'm not making an excuse that a change doesn't need to made, nor am I saying that it definitely does. But I don't remember a year where we've been this close in so many games and ended up on the wrong side. The program itself is getting better in the conference, but I don't know if it is far enough along to keep him. Maybe Currie does.

I meant wasn't

A regional wasn't realistic imo

And maybe it wasn't, all I'm trying to say is even thought we are 6 years into this, this roster is a year 0 roster, lots of young talent that needs some time, so can we expect that type of roster to make it to a regional in the toughest baseball conference in the country

I meant wasn't

Ah. Well, I think it was realistic. Take one game in all those sweeps, a second against UGA, and any other 1-0 games, the team is right there. I know we can play the if game all day, but it's hard not to think what could've been.

Let me just say that I had to step out for the night after I posted this and I saw VU went ahead 3-0.

I am shamelessly going to take some credit for the comeback win tonight. Reading through the game thread from where I stepped out was awesome. Let's win the series tomorrow Vols!

I'll give you credit. The 8th & 9th innings were surreal.

Reactions: 1 person
CodBall
@codball: RHP Zach Linginfelter will head to @WhitecapsCCBL in June. In 46.1 IP, Linginfelter has a 3.69 ERA, .226 OBA, 1.16 WHIP for @Vol_Baseball.

Is he draft eligible after next year?

CodBall
@codball: RHP Zach Linginfelter will head to @WhitecapsCCBL in June. In 46.1 IP, Linginfelter has a 3.69 ERA, .226 OBA, 1.16 WHIP for @Vol_Baseball.

Is he draft eligible after next year?

I believe he is iirc

thanks...couldn't have done it without you...:rock::)

PS...credit given...:good!:
:thumbsup:
GBO!

Congrats Vols. Great game last night.

That's what I was talking about with Wright being our version of Hunter Martin. No matter how well he pitches, for whatever reason he always seems to get hung out to dry, either by the bats or by the bullpen.

VN Store

Back