Official Tennessee at Vanderbilt Game 2 Thread - 5 PM - SEC+/ESPN3

This afternoon seems promising as the Lady Vols beat florida 5 to 1 to avoid a sweep at home. I was hoping the good Karma would carry over to this game and let us get a series win on the road.

This is from 2009. Is this still the rule on Sunday?

8. In the event of a rain-delay prior to the beginning of play on Sunday, the game must begin at least two hours and thirty
minutes prior to the visiting team’s scheduled departure time from the field, but no later than 4 p.m. local time to avoid a rain
out of the game. (See Departure Time of this section.)
If the game begins and is delayed, it must resume by 6 p.m. local time to avoid a rain out of the game.
In all instances, departure time takes priority. A team may not stay over until Monday to begin or complete a game or series.
In the event the visiting team is not scheduled to leave the host city until Monday and there are no prior travel limitations for
the game’s umpires that would dictate departure to enact these deadlines, with Conference approval, it would be permissible
to waive the 4 p.m. deadline for the start of a game and a 6 p.m. deadline for the resumption of the game.

1270749492_Position8.JPG

This is the radar at 2:40CT (3:40Eastern)

I just looked at the projected storm track on the weather radar and it doesn't look good for getting the game started before 6:00...so....

I just looked at the projected storm track on the weather radar and it doesn't look good for getting the game started before 6:00...so....

I think we have to start by 4:00pm CT since we never started the game. Had we started the game, then 6:00pm CT would be in play.

This is from 2009. Is this still the rule on Sunday?

8. In the event of a rain-delay prior to the beginning of play on Sunday, the game must begin at least two hours and thirty
minutes prior to the visiting team’s scheduled departure time from the field, but no later than 4 p.m. local time to avoid a rain
out of the game. (See Departure Time of this section.)
If the game begins and is delayed, it must resume by 6 p.m. local time to avoid a rain out of the game.
In all instances, departure time takes priority. A team may not stay over until Monday to begin or complete a game or series.
In the event the visiting team is not scheduled to leave the host city until Monday and there are no prior travel limitations for
the game’s umpires that would dictate departure to enact these deadlines, with Conference approval, it would be permissible
to waive the 4 p.m. deadline for the start of a game and a 6 p.m. deadline for the resumption of the game.

With this being an in state game I bet the last part of this is in play. I bet the start times are waived and those rules were also set before the SEC network dictated start times.

VN Store

Back