OJ dies of cancer

At the end of The Towering Inferno with Paul Newman and Steve McQueen, OJ saves a cat. Strange but true. He gives it to Fred Astaire.
Seen it a few times, but I totally forgot about that.
Makes me wonder if he was a monster before the murders or only after. There was another assault after the Vegas "heist". He was arrested for simple battery and burglary after yanking the glasses off another motorist during a traffic dispute (acquitted).

Apparently, the same for stealing a pack of gum
Exactly, exactly... Sin dirties the soul. Stealing a pack of gum, murdering someone, that little feeling of not wanting someone else to succeed, or that tiny feeling of resentment you feel when someone else has really done well, not to mention the bank you robbed---all are sins and fall short of the glory of God,. Only one remedy....someone who never did any of these things, yet paid for them for you. It's a choice.

Well...actually, it is. God is perfect and cannot tolerate any sin. None. His laws/commandments don't allow for "small sins". You're either perfect or you're not. None of us are so we all fall short and are condemned. That's why Christ had to come. One perfect sacrifice for all. Now it's not about works but faith and faith alone. I think that's why it's so hard for some. They can't fathom that it's so simple. The yoke is so light. It's a gift. You do nothing to deserve it. You don't earn it. It's freely given. All you have to do is reach out and take it. It doesn't give you a license to do what you want. When you truly understand what God did for you, your heart changes. Your mind changes. Your perspective changes. You change. You no longer want those things that lead you to sin. Sure you'll stumble, but that doesn't change your decision. Once in His hand, nothing can separate you from it.
That is not just an explanation; it is a beautiful testimony. My highest respect to you.
@Benionsopinion I thought you would appreciate this. Especially the last sentence; just what my Bible teacher told me years ago; it was a revelation and a comfort. It truly is in God’s hands.
Love to you and your wife, as always.

VN Store

Back