OL Tanner Antonutti takes medical retirement

This is class. Pruitt did not initially recruit Tanner, but is treating him like a son. That speaks volumes. I hate it for Tanner that his career has ended early. But his health and education need to be most important at this point. I'm glad Pruitt sees it the same way.

THAT is likely one of the many reasons Pruitt has a history of recruiting well.

Things like this get out to recruits, AND THEIR PARENTS. I'll be frank and say this is also the kind of thing Saban would likely do. It's part of what makes them great recruiters.

For the great recruiters, recruiting is not hunting, it's farming. Building a reputation, building credibility.

It is awesome when the RIGHT thng to do is also the best thing to do. This is one of those cases. Kudos to Coach Pruitt.

Things like this get out to recruits, AND THEIR PARENTS. I'll be frank and say this is also the kind of thing Saban would likely do. It's part of what makes them great recruiters.

For the great recruiters, recruiting is not hunting, it's farming. Building a reputation, building credibility.

It is awesome when the RIGHT thng to do is also the best thing to do. This is one of those cases. Kudos to Coach Pruitt.
As I am sitting in my deer blind typing this over the food plots I have planted I couldn’t agree more with this analogy! Hunting is stalking or waiting pulling the trigger and it’s over. Farming is cultivating realtionships and taking care over a season or several the things u want to harvest. Well said...

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Classy move by Pruitt to keep this young mans scholly going for 3 more years to keep his word that he'll earn his degree.

Extra class to keep the kid involved in footVol which he seriously loves and to have him working with and learning from all our UT coaches.

Hats off to Pruitt for doing the right thing 2 times and you can bet that 1 way or another other recruits and their family will now learn of this and will see Pruitt and UT through different glasses.

This is a WIN all the way around and I'm VERY happy for Tanner most of all.

VFL...GBO!!!

Geez! That's a Bama student section song. I take it as a compliment that they still consider us enough of a rival to mention us with LSU and Auburn. Not sure how Georgia fits in.

It's a nice story and a solid action on both their parts. He was a Jones recruit, in size and style. Worked out for the best with all parties, he wasn't going to see the field, and he was using a scholly that needed better use. Perhaps he'll train into a great young coach one day with this staff and become a much better asset than he was destined. Glad he's no longer on the team, also glad he's still with the team. I wish him and hope the best in all regards.

Can you tell me what you are referring to? I seriously dont know and not sure how I missed it TBH

Mays video with his little brother singing screw every other programs including Tennessee. Some thought it was Tanner.

No way should he be allowed on campus after appearing on that video, if that's really him. Seriously, kick his *** to the curb.

VN Store

Back